How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-12-2009
In Bloom

I'd say it's more skin care than make up. It's great as a primer though, esp because there aren't any silicones in it, but everything that makes your makeup set better is basically a primer.

we were in love

11-12-2009
V.I.P.

As someone mentioned, Beauty Flash Balm can be used as a mask. You end up using more this way of course, but your skin is left plumped, perfectly hydrated, glowing all day long. As an intensive beauty treatment is how I would use it when I used to be consistently purchasing it many years ago.

15-12-2009
fashion icon

I also bought their gentle eye make up remover lotion last week (Again,this is what happens when I'm let loose in duty free at airports!) as my last lotion was making the dry skin on one of my eye lids really painful,but this is working a treat. Doesn't irritate me at all

15-12-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbfairy View Post
I also bought their gentle eye make up remover lotion last week (Again,this is what happens when I'm let loose in duty free at airports!) as my last lotion was making the dry skin on one of my eye lids really painful,but this is working a treat. Doesn't irritate me at all
I love duty free shops in airports.

My father just left for Tokyo and I told him if he sees the Clarins Flash Balm at a duty free or any tax free shops then get me a few.

Sometimes I go into airports just for the duty free shops.

17-12-2009
V.I.P.

I've never been into a dutyfree shop, except in Hawaii, but I only was in and out, didnt purchase anything...do they have a significantly lower cost set than at a counter? I have noticed that in the past decade Clarins has really become more acknowledged. I started with Clarins products in about 1998 and they were at major department stores but not yet a cult line, IMO.

I need some Skin Beauty Repair Concentrate. All out.

17-12-2009
fashion icon

The price in the airport at duty free can be significantly less than at a department store counter. I saved over £6 on beauty flash balm back in September.

18-12-2009
front row

I just went crazy on strawberry net and bought so much Clarins! I'm excited for it to arrive, my skin always looks best after using Clarins. Beautiful skin, here I come!

18-12-2009
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbfairy View Post
The price in the airport at duty free can be significantly less than at a department store counter. I saved over £6 on beauty flash balm back in September.
My mum is going to Thailand for Christmas...she better get me some Clarins

we were in love

18-12-2009
fashion icon

^I always ask my Mum to get me stuff! My clarins collection has only suddenly grown recently cos I've flown 6 times in 6 weeks and flying again on Tuesday...I'm trying to work out what I should treat myself to this time!!

Might try one of their cleansing milks or perhaps a moisturiser

18-12-2009
V.I.P.

^^Lucky you!

A suggestion if you're looking for a cleanser, I love their Extra-Comfort Cleansing Cream. It's a bit heavy, (which I like) a cream that you massage in and it sinks into skin before you remove with a damp cloth, its really good for removing foundation and/or just cleansing delicate skin.

21-12-2009
fashion icon

Thanks for the suggestion LTEC,I'd like something thats a little bit heavy,and the name 'extra comfort' has me sold This cold weather is doing some horrible things to my skin,it's very rare I get dry skin and I just want to hide away under my duvet until it goes away

21-12-2009
In Bloom

My mum got me my all time favourite, the Eye Contour Gel! Yay mum!

we were in love

29-12-2009
fashion icon

^ Yaaaay!

At the airport this time around I got the basics of the gentle eye make up remover (I am loving how gentle this is on my eyes), toning lotion with iris and the cleansing milk all in a gift set

29-04-2010
trendsetter

Has anyone tried their Everlasting Foundation spf 15? Is is good for combination skin (dry cheeks, oily t-zone)?
And what about the instant light complexion perfector?

01-05-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleurDeLys View Post
Has anyone tried their Everlasting Foundation spf 15? Is is good for combination skin (dry cheeks, oily t-zone)?
And what about the instant light complexion perfector?
The Everlasting is very lightweight and very sheer, has to be layered for more coverage. One layer doesn't hide anything on me. And I'm not sure about the oilier part, my t-zone also tends to be a bit oily and cheeks sometimes are so dry that they flake , but Everlasting turned greasy on me. But then again, most Clarins I've tried this far do that on me, so that could be me, not the foundation. If you want lightweight non-greasy and don't need much coverage, try Givenchy's Photo Perfexion, it's really good, and lasts just as long as the Everlasting.
Instant Light, the base, in a white tube with a pump lid under the silver cap, it has glitter in it, small shiny bits. It's sort of lightweight and one of the colors will suit you, but the glitter part is annoying, they can be covered up when a foundation, not the Everlasting tho, they shine through it. True Radiance is the better choice for that (from Clarins foundations), but that also has glitter in it, but thats sort of red and doesn't have the alien-like metallic look to it.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
clarins, skincare