How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-05-2010
trendsetter

Oh, ok, I hate glitter, so the instant light is a no-go for me.
Thank you for your advice rayoflight . I'll definitely check Givenchy's photo perfexion out.

11-05-2010
fashion icon

I'm using the water purify one step cleanser at the moment,I can't figure out if I like the smell or not but I really like how effective it is taking my make up off,especially compared to their cleansing milk which I used before this

27-07-2010
backstage pass

I bought their Hydra-Care Tinted Moisturizer yesterday and i love it so far! 12. Pêche is a perfect match for my skintone and my skin looks so glowy when i have it on. I have to admit that i`m waiting for my skin to go crazy, but i really hope it doesn`t :p

I also bought the Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch but i haven`t tried it yet.

front row

I recently started using their Eclat du Jour range (Gel Nettoyant + Fluide Eclat du Jour SPF 15) and I love what it does to my skin. My skin is prone to small impurities and this cream has really reduced this. I also love the smell, so fresh and energizing - especially in the morning. The gel nettoyant is great too, it really washes off any excess make up (I use a cleansing milk to remove my eyemake up first) and leaves the skin feeling clean and refreshed - plus you only need very little, my tube seems to last forever

Anyone else using the Eclat du Jour range?

17-09-2010
front row

I swear by clarins multi-active day lotion - it's brilliant. I also adore their flash balm!

19-09-2010
rising star

I love Clarins Intensive Brightening Mask. Evens out skin tone and removes any hyperpigmentaion you may have..

20-09-2010
front row

UV Plus Day Screen High Protection SPF 40 caused me to breakout terribly. I loved the way it made my skin look though. I didn't even need foundation when wearing this, but sadly it didn't agree with my skin.

05-10-2010
trendsetter

How is their Instant smooth perfecting touch primer? Does it cause breakouts?
I have combination to oily skin..

05-10-2010
backstage pass

This one?
http://fr.clarins.com/webapp/wcs/sto...32_16174_16169

It didn't last all day long to be honest, it's kinda on the thick side (fills pores nicely), and is matte at first, but then after a few hours turns very greasy and everything slides off. Don't think it would cause breakouts, unless your skin gets clogged up by silicones.
Lancome Base Pro (liquid silicone base), Guerlain d'Or (is silicone free) are better imo, at least last longer and you get more product, Clarins is a large double walled jar, so you get like 10-15 ml.

05-10-2010
trendsetter

Yes that one, thanks for the info.
I have actually no idea how my skin reacts to silicones but I know most primers contain them. I guess I'll just have to try one and see..

Last edited by FleurDeLys; 05-10-2010 at 03:47 PM.
28-10-2010
trendsetter

i love the pure and radiant mask, makes my skin so soft.

scenester

i have a new found love for clarins! i really need a moisturizer for oily skin do u guys have any recommendations?

backstage pass

I bought the gel cleanser from the Eclat du Jour-line a few months ago and i don´t like it at all. It have sulfates as nr 2 on their ingredients list. That´s not something i will cleanse my face with, and it dried out my skin like crazy (and i have oily skin). It smells nice tho, and it lathers really well but i guess thats because of the sulfates. I do like Clarins as a brand, but this cleanser was not for me.

V.I.P.

Bump! Sad that this thread has been abandoned... Right now I'm a devotee Clarins fan because their products are of amazing quality... Here are some products I've been using for the past few months and I can recommend:

Everlasting Foundation in 103 Ivory - for a while, when I've been struggling with acne, it was my HG foundation. Covered every blemish, was mattifying, it had a nice pale shade... I'm not using it now because... my acne is completely gone! So I switched to light/medium coverage foundations, sometimes I only use a concealer. The only flaw is that it oxidizes throughout the day so the foundation shade wasn't perfect after all - too beige for me as I have yellow undertones.

Blush Prodige in Miami Pink - this blush is one of the best I ever used. Looks natural on cheeks, comes in a beautiful package with a nice quality brush, lasts forever... I can't say a bad word about it.

Skin Illusion Mineral Powder Foundation in 104 Cream - one of the best mineral foundations I've used, can be used solo or over foundation. Provides medium coverage without a mask effect. The only flaw is the packaging- it's heavy and can be messy. IMO it should come in a classic mineral foundation/powder jar with a sponge.

Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown - nice brow pencil, but the next day I bought it the end with a comb brush dropped off... I actually didn't mind it cause I use a brow gel separately.

Wonder Perfect Mascara - Clarins didn't disappoint me again, this mascara is one of the best I've ever used. Period. Does everything it claims.

Ombre Minérale Eyeshadows - great eyeshadows- a little too pricey, but the pigmentation is great and they last forever...

Blue Orchid Rebalancing Face Oil - great for a dehydrated skin - used it after I've had an allergic reaction and my complexion became horribly dry. Soo worth the money!

They also have great body oils- especially Anti-Eau Body Oil

Whoa, it was a looong post, but I just had to share my experience with this brand... Honestly- one of the best high-end brands on the market.

14-01-2014
V.I.P.

Thanks for the reviews. I like clarins too and that was helpful.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
clarins, skincare