How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-11-2005
backstage pass

Clarins Skincare
Clarins Gentle Day Lotion .... had anyone tried it? Is it any good?

23-11-2005
The mod squad

It's very calming for sensitive skin. It sinks in easily, is rich and soft and has a nice fragrance.
But after half an hour there are no traces of it, whatsoever.
It wasn't any different than any other moisturize but still cost more than it's worth in my opinion

windowshopping

i love this! it's very light and it doesn't make me feel sticky. Also, I haven't gotten any breakouts since I started using this (which is a big plus for me)

strongly recommended!

15-12-2005
windowshopping

I also like this lotion! It's very soft, light and not greasy. For normal to combination skin, it will be moisturizing enough. One of my fav clarins products!

In case Clarins SA recommends the complementary product, gentle night cream, be careful (often clarins SA try to sell it together with gentle day lotion...)!!! It is really heavy (even too heavy for dry skin, IMO)... so try a sample...

16-12-2005
front row

A quite good moisturizer to soothe and calm sensitive skin, I like it. It dries to a matte finish and can use as a great makeup base.

08-03-2006
backstage pass

I have the 'Purifying Cleansing Gel' and 'Hydra Matte Day Lotion' from Clarins and I'm content with the products.

23-05-2006
windowshopping

Clarins
Hi,
I am looking for an outlet sale or some really good sale on Clarins products in the GTA (greater toronto area). Anybody knows anything?

23-05-2006
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkandakji
Hi,
I am looking for an outlet sale or some really good sale on Clarins products in the GTA (greater toronto area). Anybody knows anything?
Merged with existing "Clarins" thread. mkandakji please use the search function prior to posting.

~Madeleine Albright
23-05-2006
Storm & Sommer

Back in 2000 Clarins had a product that sounded like such a good idea - An aftersun soother that worked as a mosquito repellant at the same time..

..unfortunately something was not okay with the product.. and it was taken of the shelves.. to this day I still wish I could find a product that combined those two things.. I'm a sucker for combo products

If anybody knows of a product that combines aftersun cooling/moisturizing agents w. mosquito repellant (with a pleasant scent / or no scent at all) do please share

23-05-2006
slightly dizzy

Can't help you there Hanne, sorry...

I bought Clarins' Extra-firming day lotion a while ago, and I have two words to say: Stay away!

I don't really believe creams can firm your skin, but anyway... It doesn't moisturise enough, my skin gets dry flakes and gets oily! (I guess because it's working overtime to fight the dryness...) It has a pleasant fragrance and feels wonderful when you spread it on your face though...

backstage pass

what about their UV protection moisturizer that has spf 40? anybody used it?
im looking for a Good sunscreen moisturizer for combo\oily skin but nothing so far

25-05-2006
Storm & Sommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla fairy
what about their UV protection moisturizer that has spf 40? anybody used it?
im looking for a Good sunscreen moisturizer for combo\oily skin but nothing so far
Maybe this http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...95-post53.html ? Not quiet as high spf and it doesn't say anything about combo/oily skin but since its acned preventing as well it might be good for oily skin as well ?

Last edited by Hanne; 25-05-2006 at 08:42 AM.
08-04-2007
little soul

I don't know if this is the same product that vanilla fairy asked about before, but it seems to be new

I'm interested in trying the UV Plus Protective Day Screen SPF40 and I was just wondering if anyone had any experience of it?

Quote:
Protective Day Screen
It’s a dream come true for women in the city…a lightweight oil-free liquid veil that gives intense sun and pollution protection yet sits imperceptibly over any day cream and beautifully under make-up. The secret? The very latest micronized and micro-dispersed 100% Mineral Filters which deliver invisible high level UVB, UVA, Infra-red and hyper-pigmentation protection. And White Tea extract which gives effective free-radical protection even when pollution levels are at their summer peak. Think of it like your skin’s very own virtual environmental shield!
Thanks

trendsetter

I love the whole Clarins skin care line. You can't go wrong with any of it.

13-04-2007
V.I.P.

I find Clarins in general to be great quality. My mother uses it, and i do too from time to time.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
clarins, skincare