How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-04-2008
front row

I originally got mine from Saks like 3 years ago and only got two brush heads too. I just got this for my mom and my aunt at BG and saw what a good value it was.

01-05-2008
front row

Has anyone tried the Neutrogena Wave? Is it trying to be like the Clarisonic? Does it work or is just a piece of junk?

Link: http://www.neutrogenawave.com/

01-05-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthmodesteph View Post
Has anyone tried the Neutrogena Wave? Is it trying to be like the Clarisonic? Does it work or is just a piece of junk?

Link: http://www.neutrogenawave.com/
I haven't personally tried it, but have heard it is pretty ok. Definitly not the clarisonic, but if you cannot afford the clarisonic, I would think it would be a decent substutute.

front row

i have clarisonic and i'm not sure what the hype is. it's just a glorified, expensive exfoliator!!

18-07-2008
V.I.P.

I finally got one! However, I am a bit confused as to the beeping noises when using it. I start out on my forehead and then move down around the temples, then sides of the nose, outwards on the cheeks, upper lip, and then chin and jawline. But the beeping noise means, (assuming) to move on to the next area and it doesnt give enough time IMO to cleanse certain areas...so I find that I'm restarting it and doing it for three cycles....what do other people do? Also how long before I should get a new brush head? I got the delicate one and left it out to air-dry, but I'm afraid of bacteria infecting it.

09-01-2009
leave me with your Borneo

haha, so.... more than 2 years after creating this thread, i finally have one of these! i ordered the pink Clarisonic with my crazy banking thank you points, and after charging it for 24 hours, i used it tonight for the first time.
first i removed my eye makeup and did a light wash with Cetaphil and my hands... kind of the way i would normally cleanse. then i used the Cetaphil with the Clarisonic. this may be gross (and TMI)... but the brush was flat-out GREY when i was done - using the low setting, and the shortest time.
i can't say what this will do for my skin long term but this definitely makes it soft and ridiculously clean, and my serum sank in almost instantly... so for now i'm very happy. of course i will update as necessary.

windowshopping

what serums does everyone use? and what changes have you noticed? Thanks!

13-01-2009
it's a hard-knock life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetThemEatCake View Post
I finally got one! However, I am a bit confused as to the beeping noises when using it. I start out on my forehead and then move down around the temples, then sides of the nose, outwards on the cheeks, upper lip, and then chin and jawline. But the beeping noise means, (assuming) to move on to the next area and it doesnt give enough time IMO to cleanse certain areas...so I find that I'm restarting it and doing it for three cycles....what do other people do? Also how long before I should get a new brush head? I got the delicate one and left it out to air-dry, but I'm afraid of bacteria infecting it.
You're supposed to get a new brush every three months, it says it in the instructions.

13-01-2009
V.I.P.

Really? I didnt even see any instructions... I'll wait another month because I dont use it every day.

13-01-2009
it's a hard-knock life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetThemEatCake View Post
Really? I didnt even see any instructions... I'll wait another month because I dont use it every day.
You didn't have a booklet in your box?

13-01-2009
V.I.P.

I just took the brush out and threw the box away...so I assume I threw away the instructions. Oh well.

05-10-2010
V.I.P.

I'm strongly considering investing in the MIA (is this version really any different than the more expensive regular one?). My question is, are you supposed to disinfect the brush in-between washes? Doesn't bacteria breed within days?

05-10-2010
front row

Does anyone now the differences between the different clarisonic types? Don't know which one to get!

05-10-2010
scenester

I love mine! I have dry skin so it helps slough off that outer layer to let my moisturizer sink in better.

08-10-2010
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulyss View Post
I'm strongly considering investing in the MIA (is this version really any different than the more expensive regular one?). My question is, are you supposed to disinfect the brush in-between washes? Doesn't bacteria breed within days?
I have the MIA! I got it for Christmas last year! I'm not really sure if it's any different than the regular or the PLUS. I should be getting the PLUS in the mail in a few weeks so I can let you know then.

I really love my MIA. It helps with my skin so much and my moisturizers & what not absorb so much better.

Here's what I know off the top of my head about the differences between the three. The MIA has only one speed setting; the regular & PLUS have three. The MIA can only use the brushes for your face, while the PLUS can use the body brush too. The regular & PLUS beep when it is time to change face regions (forehead, cheeks, chin, etc.). The MIA and the PLUS have international chargers, while the regular one doesn't. The PLUS and the regular have cradle chargers, while the MIA has a detachable charger.

As for disinfecting the brush... the brush is supposed to be bacteria resistant, and Clarisonic recommends washing it with antibacterial soap every week or so. I do it two or three times a week.

Hope that helps!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brushes, clarisonic, facial, skincare