How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-10-2010
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoreprincess View Post
I have the MIA! I got it for Christmas last year! I'm not really sure if it's any different than the regular or the PLUS. I should be getting the PLUS in the mail in a few weeks so I can let you know then.

I really love my MIA. It helps with my skin so much and my moisturizers & what not absorb so much better.

Here's what I know off the top of my head about the differences between the three. The MIA has only one speed setting; the regular & PLUS have three. The MIA can only use the brushes for your face, while the PLUS can use the body brush too. The regular & PLUS beep when it is time to change face regions (forehead, cheeks, chin, etc.). The MIA and the PLUS have international chargers, while the regular one doesn't. The PLUS and the regular have cradle chargers, while the MIA has a detachable charger.

As for disinfecting the brush... the brush is supposed to be bacteria resistant, and Clarisonic recommends washing it with antibacterial soap every week or so. I do it two or three times a week.

Hope that helps!
Oops, just wanted to amend some things I said above... the PLUS has THREE speeds and a body speed. The regular (or the Classic) has TWO speeds.

04-03-2011
V.I.P.

i bought the 30$ olay pro-X version (usually CVS has it on sale or has a 5$ buyback)

i like it so far. my face feels less flaky. i usually use it twice a week the morning after i use a retinol.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinayprincess View Post
what serums does everyone use? and what changes have you noticed? Thanks!
I use mine with Rhassoul soap. My skin doesn't feel as clean when I don't use it.

http://www.ncnproskincare.com/rhasso...nsing-bar.html

08-03-2011
front row

I can't wait to get my clarisonic. Ordered one for the body too.

11-04-2011
front row

I got the Olay dupe and it's quite good - nothing earthshattering, which none of these brushes probably will be, but for 30 bucks it's a good reusable exfoliator and completely cleared the flakies on my nose (dang dry desert weather!).

V.I.P.

CarolineRose, how often are you brushing with the olay brush? are you using it with cleansers or scrubs?

front row

^not more than 4x a week, always at night, but I have a little rosacea and my skin is really sensitive to manual exfoliation. I use it with my trusty Mario Badescu cleansers, I was scared the cleanser it came with would be too harsh.

tfs star

I just picked up a Clarisonic Mia after a year of debate and months of horrible stressed-induced acne. I use glycolic acid soap at night so hopefully with the addition of the Mia, I'll finally rid my complexion of this acne.

21-04-2011
Blood On The Leaves

Please let us know if you got rid of acne with it. I'm thinking of buying it but I don't wanna throw money through the window.

24-04-2011
V.I.P.

I'm sure the Clarisonic rids many people of their acne, but I'm not one of them.

What it does help with is texture (dry patches, open pores, dullness). It exfoliates like none other; it makes my skin baby soft. I suppose it's the closest one could realistically get to a 'pore refining' product. I'll continue to use the product for this reason.

Also, I recently bought the latest deep cleansing brush and it's seriously no different than the sensitive brush I was using. The bristles supposedly move in several directions but it doesn't make a visible difference.

24-04-2011
silent sigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulyss View Post
I'm sure the Clarisonic rids many people of their acne, but I'm not one of them.

What it does help with is texture (dry patches, open pores, dullness). It exfoliates like none other; it makes my skin baby soft. I suppose it's the closest one could realistically get to a 'pore refining' product. I'll continue to use the product for this reason.

Also, I recently bought the latest deep cleansing brush and it's seriously no different than the sensitive brush I was using. The bristles supposedly move in several directions but it doesn't make a visible difference.
agree..I use clarisonic mia and it has made my skin softer, but it didn't give me the results I was expecting after reading a lot of great reviews

windowshopping

I have the Clarisonic Plus, and am in love with it. Feel free to check my blog below, I give a detailed description of the changes I noticed in my face for the first few weeks. It's been a few months now, and my skin is definitely much, much better in many ways.

03-06-2011
tfs star

So after a little more than a month's usage, I found that my skin is looking much better. That's not to say that it is completely clear. I've had one or two small pimples pop up a few times, but they don't get nearly as big as before my Clarisonic usage. They usually clear up after a day. I think this is because somehow during the night I end up sleeping on my face. I've found that my acne scars are fading as well, which is a huge plus for me since nothing I tried before seemed to help.

However, I had to switch soaps from my glycolic acid soap to the Murad Clarifying Cleanser. After 2 weeks of using the glycolic soap, I didn't really see much of a difference, and since I really wanted this Clarisonic regiment to work out for me since I spent all that money, I decided to switch cleansers, which made a huge difference.

The only thing that hasn't really been affected are my blackheads, which is a bit disappointing since I got the Mia with the Deep Pore brush. I think I will pick up the sensitive brush and see if that makes any difference.

05-06-2011
windowshopping

I purchased a Clarisonic Pro a few months ago. I don't ever want to be without it. My skin is so much better!
I think i'll save money in the long run because I just use DermaVeen as a cleanser & Olay lotion (the pink bottle) to moisturise. I used to spend loads on cleansers, treatments etc.

13-06-2011
V.I.P.

I spend so much money on expensive cleansers and such that are essentially not gonna last forever-but somehow i cannot justify splashing out and buying a clarasonic- however- i am asking for one as part of my bday present- (i really want the lavender or blue/turquiose) one, i have watched so many youtube videos about this product and read many reviews on makeupalley.com and i have decided i am deff gonna get one (:

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brushes, clarisonic, facial, skincare