How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega Magnus View Post
I think I'm going to get the Olay Pro X brush tomorrow. I'll try it first to see if it does anything before shelling out massive dollars on a Clarisonic.
i have the olay prox brush and i like it. much cheaper than the clarisonic and less ticklish as well.

check your local sunday paper for a coupon. maybe you can get 5 bucks off.

21-02-2013
Making a Mess

^ I have the Olay brush as well and I really like it. I use it a few nights a week with Cetaphil's gentle cleanser. Gives a good deep clean and lightly exfoliates.

fashion elite

i was wondering, the clarisonic package says you can use it twice a day (which seems like way too much to me) but an article posted on here said to use it just twice a week. i just got mine a few weeks ago and I've been doing it every other day or every two days and gotten nice results but I was wondering how often do you guys use yours?

03-03-2013
front row

After ten days of the Olay Pro X, I am moderately satisfied, I guess. It seems to help keep my pores somewhat cleaner and smaller... I guess... and it does make my skin feel nice, but it's not a miracle machine. It's pretty much what I expected.

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelaid View Post
i was wondering, the clarisonic package says you can use it twice a day (which seems like way too much to me) but an article posted on here said to use it just twice a week. i just got mine a few weeks ago and I've been doing it every other day or every two days and gotten nice results but I was wondering how often do you guys use yours?
I use mine every two or three days

fashion insider

just got a clarisonic brush, been using it for a week and I love it!

21-11-2013
front row

I'm curious whether anyone else has had the same experience I had with the Clarisonic Mia since I see mostly raves or positive-leaning posts about it!

I used my Mia twice a day when I first got it, and after two weeks or so my skin was SO much better; I was going without foundation for the first time and years and felt glowy and thrilled that I'd finally found something that worked. (I have oily skin and my pores tend to clog, especially on my cheeks and forehead.)

Then, after several weeks of relative perfection, my skin reverted back to its old ways. I hadn't changed the way I was using the Mia at all and was completely confused. I've tried a couple of different brushes since then (sensitive skin and acne-prone), and those haven't worked either.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Opinions? Help!!!!

18-02-2014
Fashion Designer

A few weeks ago I was gifted the Olay brush. I've always had pretty good skin except for some clogged pores on my nose and my chin, but not really thaat noticeable. Anyway, after reading a lot of reviews I decided to give it a go but erred on the side of caution and only used it once a day every other day. The first week was amazing. My skin felt super clean and the pores on my nose were smaller and overall my face felt much more clean. But the second week I broke out. I got a lot of small red dots, as if my skin was irritated or something. I haven't done anything different, and as I said, I only used it sparingly. Anyone else had a similar problem?

18-02-2014
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellat View Post
A few weeks ago I was gifted the Olay brush. I've always had pretty good skin except for some clogged pores on my nose and my chin, but not really thaat noticeable. Anyway, after reading a lot of reviews I decided to give it a go but erred on the side of caution and only used it once a day every other day. The first week was amazing. My skin felt super clean and the pores on my nose were smaller and overall my face felt much more clean. But the second week I broke out. I got a lot of small red dots, as if my skin was irritated or something. I haven't done anything different, and as I said, I only used it sparingly. Anyone else had a similar problem?
Mine didn't make me break out. It just didn't do anything.

Fashion Designer

My skin has cleared out and it's almost back to normal. After I stopped using the Olay brush my skin was so irritated I couldn't even use my cleanser anymore.

The first couple times I used the brush my face felt so clean, but after that I guess I had nothing else but my very own raw skin to exfoliate. I'll give it another week and start using it once a week and see how it goes.

04-03-2014
fashion elite

I use my clarisonic only every 3 or 4 days

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brushes, clarisonic, facial, skincare