How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-10-2005
Power to the 99%

How'd you like the MAC, kimkhuu?

PS I have a Chanel eyebrow pencil in ash blonde that I use whenever one of my eyebrows goes patchy ... hate it when that happens ... I don't like to look like I'm wearing makeup on my eyebrows. Can't tell you why, just hate it :p

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 18-10-2005 at 03:54 PM.

18-10-2005
backstage pass

I have to ask, but I've been using Vaseline and it works fine. Whats the difference between Vaseline and an expensive "brow gel"

I may be too ignorant to belong in this thread...

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta
How'd you like the MAC, kimkhuu?
It does look very natural, but doesn't hold well at all.. Like it's good if I put on a lot, but it all falls down after 1 minute..... maybe it's because I have supernatural brows...... Not that much of an awesome purchase..... but it gives groomed brow look that's for sure.....

18-10-2005
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimkhuu
It does look very natural, but doesn't hold well at all.. Like it's good if I put on a lot, but it all falls down after 1 minute..... maybe it's because I have supernatural brows...... Not that much of an awesome purchase..... but it gives groomed brow look that's for sure.....
wow ... 1 minute ...

I prolly should have told you I didn't get the bushy brows in my family ... for me it lasts till I take it off, 16 hours no problem ...

are you looking for a heavy-duty recommendation now?

19-10-2005
fashion insider

I've recently bought a Great Lash by Maybelline clear mascara and it's pretty good. I don't have really thick brows though, but I do think it holds pretty well.

19-10-2005
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashion Puss
I have to ask, but I've been using Vaseline and it works fine. Whats the difference between Vaseline and an expensive "brow gel"

Well, Vaseline is a petroleum product, right? So it's greasy, likely to clog pores, and not something everyone wants on their face. The gel dries and doesn't add unwanted "feel" or "look," if that makes sense ...

19-10-2005
backstage pass

I use MAC, and it's really great; non-flaky, natural, not to heavy. I've never used another since I started using that one.

19-10-2005
crossed wires.

I've found that if I keep an old mascara brush and tube (wash out very well because you don't want to end up looking like charlie chaplin) and rub vaseline into the bristles of the brush...and then apply a quick squirt of hairspray to the brush before you sweep it across your brows this holds well but doesnt make ur eyebrows feel 'crunchy'.

I absolutely hate the thought of by eyebrows brushing down over the shaped line and going all 'grandad' because I have thick eyebrow hair too...although mother dearest says my eyebrows are too thin at the moment

backstage pass

do they affect eyebrow growth.. like clogs up follicles so eyebrow hair cant grow out after they fall out due to excessive use of the gel?

26-10-2005
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by _teddy_
do they affect eyebrow growth.. like clogs up follicles so eyebrow hair cant grow out after they fall out due to excessive use of the gel?
most likely not since they don't even come near the root or the surface. Most of the time the gel sits on the top layer. I have long eyebrow hair, and when I'm not in the mood for trimming them...gel works wonders.

26-10-2005
backstage pass

Hmm are you sure? sometimes the gel mite get to the skinalso the annoying thing is, since my eyebrows are kinda sturdy and thick, it comes off straight and at the ends of my eyebrows they sorta stick out more than they compact to follow the contor of the face, so I need something that can hold them back

26-10-2005
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by _teddy_
Hmm are you sure? sometimes the gel mite get to the skinalso the annoying thing is, since my eyebrows are kinda sturdy and thick, it comes off straight and at the ends of my eyebrows they sorta stick out more than they compact to follow the contor of the face, so I need something that can hold them back

well if your eyebrows are on teh thicker side...they'd probably just sit on the top layers of hair..at least that's what I've observed from applying it on myself and others. If your eyebrows are somewhat sparse or fine..then they could come in contact with the skin..but hopefully it'd get washed off like everything else. I have the same problem with the hair on the ends..sometimes they stick up. My boyfriend called them vampire wings...whatever that means...:p

26-10-2005
Power to the 99%

It gets on my skin and my eyebrows are not sparse ... but it's not a problem. (As mentioned, I use MAC.)

27-10-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashion Puss

I don't know the technicalities, but I would think that being completely oil-based, Vaseline has too much slip to last.

27-10-2005
rising star

Anastasia of Beverly Hills makes a great brow gel that's very strong and does not flake. I believe you can obtain it through nordstrom's or sephora

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brow, clear, gels