How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-01-2007
trendsetter

has anyone tried the physician's formula "CoverToxTen50" concealer (in think that is what that is called) yet?

21-01-2007
trendsetter

I have really dark undereye circles and I just purchased the MAC studiofix concealer palette. Will update on the performance. So far I've tried the Covergirl smoothers, rimmel concealer, touche eclat (to give it a try under the eyes but it's main purpose is highlighting i guess), and everyday minerals power concealer (the best so far). I hope this is the last product I have to try !

21-01-2007
fashion icon

I love Helena Rubinstein's Magic Concealer. Puuur-fect!!

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionJunkie
I love Helena Rubinstein's Magic Concealer. Puuur-fect!!
What is the shade selection on that? Alot, or just the usual three shades to choose from as most concealers are?

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelbehavior228
where can I get that?
Neiman Marcus

unknown
21-11-2007
trendsetter

I have really big almost purple circles under my eyes (to my immense pleasure may I add) and I have been using Lancome Long-Lasting Softening Concealer for about three years or so now. However this summer I got really tan so my concealer (#01) was starting to look gray on me so I bought the next one in a slightly darker tone (#02). That worked great for about a month or two but now, when I've lost most of my tan but am nowhere near as pale as I am used to be; neither of them fit me well enough. The #01 still looks gray on me and the #02 looks to dark on me and somehow my purple circles look black! I have absolutely no idea how to conceal my circles these days. Especially not because I don't use any make or powder except perhaps once in a blue moon. I hate these circles, I can not tell you how many times people I have known for a while come up to me and say they thought I was a drug addict at firs because of the purple circles.

front row

I use MAC's Studio Finish concealer. I use a small brush and apply exactly where it is needed. It covers very well.

22-11-2007
In Bloom

^I do that too, it's a great concealer. But not on photographs, it shows up a lot

we were in love

22-11-2007
front row

^ I've never had a problem. I use Bare Escentuals foundation and use the MAC Studio finish concealer and it looks pretty flawless IRL and looks fabulous in photos.

22-11-2007
rising star

Okay. So i'm a MAKEUP freak. i've got foundation...to a SCIENCE. But the thing is.... how the hell am i supposed to use concealer on a pimple?! I swear i'm ready to just give up. I have studio finish, bobbi brown blemish stick, shiseido, YSL, Chanel, etc etc...and when i apply they just seem to go on, and then with a couple quick touches to try and blend, vanish from my skin. i've taken to just putting my foundation on (chanel double perfection, or revlon colorstay, they both do the same stuff, i just love the color of chanel...) and after it's about set, I pop on some studio fix powder on my *few* spots (i use retin-a micro, and it kills all the pimples, i just have a prob with red spots since my skin is so flippin pale.) it does the trick, but in florida, can look a bit cakey at times.... i just wish i could find a good way to do it =(

23-11-2007
boop

Givenchy's Mister Light is the absolute best concealer I've tried. Especially in the pen format - I find its MUCH better than the vaulted Touche Eclat and Dior's Skinflash Radiance. Its just gold - the coverage is amazing and its so portable. The absolute best thing I've found for sleepy tired eyes.

Laura Mercier's Undercover is also great - though its really the Secret Concealer portion of the duo that does the trick.

Last edited by Luxx; 23-11-2007 at 11:26 PM.
24-11-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALaFramboise View Post
Okay. So i'm a MAKEUP freak. i've got foundation...to a SCIENCE. But the thing is.... how the hell am i supposed to use concealer on a pimple?! I swear i'm ready to just give up. I have studio finish, bobbi brown blemish stick, shiseido, YSL, Chanel, etc etc...and when i apply they just seem to go on, and then with a couple quick touches to try and blend, vanish from my skin. i've taken to just putting my foundation on (chanel double perfection, or revlon colorstay, they both do the same stuff, i just love the color of chanel...) and after it's about set, I pop on some studio fix powder on my *few* spots (i use retin-a micro, and it kills all the pimples, i just have a prob with red spots since my skin is so flippin pale.) it does the trick, but in florida, can look a bit cakey at times.... i just wish i could find a good way to do it =(
get a concealer brush and put a very miniscule amount of concealer on it. Tap tap tap tap it on the blemish lightly and literally paint the zit away.

rising star

um, wish you were here to do it, cause literally, i have a chanel, mac, and nars conceal. brush, and they all seem to do the same. and i've just taken to liquid foundation, followed by studio fix on spots, and then loose powder... it's much easier than fighting with concealor.

26-11-2007
front row

I make sure I have an eye cream first -- I use Natura Bisse. Then I put on BB corrector and then concealer and then my chanel liquid foundation. I use a primer first (Face Time) and that helps with everything. I finish off with La mer powder. That pulls it all together.

27-11-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxx View Post
Givenchy's Mister Light is the absolute best concealer I've tried. Especially in the pen format - I find its MUCH better than the vaulted Touche Eclat and Dior's Skinflash Radiance. Its just gold - the coverage is amazing and its so portable. The absolute best thing I've found for sleepy tired eyes.
I wanted to buy YSL Touche Eclat, but on the end i decided for Chanel Eclat Lumiere and i really love it, the shade fits me perfectly, it's imo better than YSL's, but I'm gonna buy Givenchy's next time.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
concealer