How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-11-2008
windowshopping

I like Lancome Effarneces for undereye circles and MUFE full cover for occasional blemishes and redness.

09-12-2008
front row

Boots ! Its a foundation pen, hides well and very light so if i need to put just a bit it covers and if i need more, i does not show. and the price is good also for a great concealer.

14-12-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindbear View Post
Help me someone. I have all sorts of concealers, Mac studio fix, Prescriptives, bobbi brown, laura mercier secret camoflage, and I just get it wrong! I put it on with a brush, it cakes and looks awful or just comes off, regardless of what I try to do. Are you meant to do it before or after foundation? I now use Mac Select Coverup before foundation and other concealer after. I hate my skin, it's not that I'm very spotty, I just have broken capillaries and so much redness.
hi there!
just alittle note about your concealer... first of all you should use a concealer in a green tone, to neutralize the redness, after that apply the foundation. don't worry you wont look green

20-11-2009
In Bloom

I just tried the Bobbi Brown Corrector and then their Creamy Concealer (for dark under eye circles).

The Corrector has a pink or peach shade (peach for olive skin tones, pink for the rest of us ), and I think all their concealers are yellow-based. The Corrector cancels out the blue in the dark circles, but it doesn't provide much coverage. Then you dab on the Creamy Concealer on top of the Corrector (don't blend them together!) for coverage.

It's very important that your concealer ISN'T lighter that your skin tone - look at Kim Kardashians thread. Her concealer is too light, and she looks like a raccoon. Your concealer has to be your exact skin tone for this to work, and it has to be yellow-based.

I must say that my under eye area has never looked this good. The Bobbi Brown girl (she has my eternal love and gratitude) tried out different combinations on me, and we ended up with a corrector and a concealer that both were darker than we thought they should be. But that just goes to show how important it is to try these things out before you buy them

And the best thing for me is that the corrector + concealer doesn't show up when I take pics with flash! MAC's Studio Finish makes me look like a Kardashian (or raccoon if you will). This REALLY works. We matched the corrector + concealer to my bare face, I wasn't wearing foundation.

Flash vs. daylight

I look a bit tired

Well, I got the Corrector and I'd kill for the Creamy Concealer...they cost twice as much in DK asin the US, so they're pretty expensive.

we were in love

03-12-2009
trendsetter

Has anyone tried the YSL eclat concealer?

03-12-2009
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cado View Post
Has anyone tried the YSL eclat concealer?
It's not a concealer, it's more of a highlighter for the under eye area. I don't think it's very good. but if you don't need to cover anything up beneath your eyes but just want it to look more even, then I guess it's ok. It's very obvious and white-looking in pics with flash though, because of the light-reflecting stuff in it.

we were in love

03-12-2009
trendsetter

^ Oh, I see. No, I don't have dark circles or anything, I just want to look more "awake" and fresh, if you know what I mean.

Any recommendations?

03-12-2009
THE STRANGER

What type of skin do you have?

I'd avoid NARS concealers in general. They look cakey and unnatural on the skin because they're too dry.

I use the Giorgio Armani High Precision Retouch Concealer. It is a bit expensive, but it works fantastic as a concealer everywhere - undereyes, on blemishes & spots, around the lip area... Best of all, it's a liquid concealer so it looks very even and natural. It'll last you forever too because a little goes a long way. I love it to death!

giorgio armani beauty USA

Other than that, I've only heard great things about Bobbi Brown concealers.

03-12-2009
lady of the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cado View Post
^ Oh, I see. No, I don't have dark circles or anything, I just want to look more "awake" and fresh, if you know what I mean.

Any recommendations?
yes!
i really like the bare escentuals 'well rested'.

03-12-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by michyed View Post
What type of skin do you have?
Hm, I think it's a bit dry or maybe just normal.

Thank you for the tip, sounds very good, I'll check it out!

Thank you RoseMary, I'll check that one out too.

(Still open for more recommendations)

Last edited by Cado; 03-12-2009 at 01:16 PM.
25-12-2009
front row

The best concealer I have ever tried is Estee Lauder Ideal Light Illuminator. I've been using it every single day for three years now and it does cover anything you want to conceal. I have recommended the concealer to everyone I know, and they all love it and use it religiously. The best part is the price. It's not that expensive and completely worth every penny. You can get it for less on strawberrynet. Now, I sound like a paid advertiser for Estee Lauder but I just want to share a truly magical discovery. Seriously, it's the best. Much much much better than YSL, MAC etc.

25-12-2009
windowshopping

Best ever concealer I tried and will stay with tbh is Bobbi Brown's concealer set. Great coverage.

27-12-2009
trendsetter

Best concealer I've tried is Mac's creamy concealer, their liquid ones just don't seem to work

30-12-2009
trendsetter

I have a question, when do you apply concealer? before or after the foundation? I know people that apply it before the foundation then blend the foundation with it and cover it with powder and people that apply it after the foundation and blend it in then apply powder on top of it.

30-12-2009
oh! darling

^ Oh man, is foundation and concealer not the same thing?

I use foundation to cover some blemishes but there are still dark spots that show underneath it.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
concealer