How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-12-2009
THE STRANGER

Quote:
Originally Posted by D A N A View Post
I have a question, when do you apply concealer? before or after the foundation? I know people that apply it before the foundation then blend the foundation with it and cover it with powder and people that apply it after the foundation and blend it in then apply powder on top of it.
After foundation! If I apply it before, the foundation pretty much "wipes" away any traces of concealer I had on my skin... It makes more sense to apply to after too, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_levante View Post
^ Oh man, is foundation and concealer not the same thing?

I use foundation to cover some blemishes but there are still dark spots that show underneath it.
Honestly, I don't think there is too much of a difference... I think it is a smart marketing tactic. I still buy concealers though. Foundation pumps almost always pump out a designated amount (usually too much to replace a concealer), whereas concealers will give you a lot more control over the amount of product you use. Concealers are also more thick in coverage than the average foundation.

31-12-2009
oh! darling

^ Thanks so much for the help, dear. I might have to do a bit of shopping then.

Feels Like Heaven

I always use conceler first and than foundation.It works for me,and I'm used to it.Somehow when I use foundation first I feel...well,like naked

31-12-2009
trendsetter

I too usually wear concealer before foundation, i'll try wearing it after foundation and see what works better for me and i'll let you all know.

31-12-2009
Feels Like Heaven

Oppinions are different.I heared a lot of make up artists saying that It's your choice wheather to wear concealer before or after foundation,but some of them strictly say that you will remove your concealer if you are applying it before foundation.I don't know,you should wear it how it's best for you.

20-01-2010
rising star

Has anyone used Becca's concealers? How are they? I'm super pale and want something to cover my dark circles and I heard this brand has a very broad range of colours. Everything I have found so far has been too dark or unnatural looking.

21-01-2010
rising star

Can anyone recommend me a good concealer for blemishes/pimples?

I have pale, dry skin and don't have acne or anything but i occasionally get the odd pimple which tends to be red and dry and crusty (sorry about the nasty imagery!) and have a few blemishes from where old pimples have kind of left a 'shadow' and i'm wondering what the best concealer is to use for these?

I have pretty good skin overall so i don't wear a heavy foundation on a day to day basis, usually just tinted moisturiser or a really sheer base and i think my skin can get away with this if it weren't for a few darned blemishes!

Any advice? thanks peepz

22-01-2010
trendsetter

Papyrus: I use mac & its been fab, they do have a huge range of colors, i'm sure you'll find one thats good for your skin tone, for me the cream concealers worked better than the liquid ones, good luck

amazingGrace: I loved mac concealers, but haven't tried them for blemishes or pimples just dark circles, they never disappoint me so maybe you should give it a try

23-01-2010
backstage pass

amazingGrace, for dry skin Benefit's Erase Paste is great. Only three shades though

Sephora.com

23-01-2010
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennyfer View Post
amazingGrace, for dry skin Benefit's Erase Paste is great. Only three shades though

***Please do not quote images***

Sephora.com
Ooooh may have to give that a try, although i was really disappointed with Boi-oing, but i generally like benefit, thanks for the tip

DANA, i've heard mac concealers and foundations can cause lots of breakouts - have you had that experience with them? I love mac for 'colored' makeup, but am not really experienced with their 'skin' products

Last edited by classicalbang; 23-01-2010 at 08:26 PM.
24-01-2010
tfs star

Erase Paste is wayyyy better than Boing! it really gives you a glowy skin!

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGrace View Post
Ooooh may have to give that a try, although i was really disappointed with Boi-oing, but i generally like benefit, thanks for the tip

DANA, i've heard mac concealers and foundations can cause lots of breakouts - have you had that experience with them? I love mac for 'colored' makeup, but am not really experienced with their 'skin' products
I've been using their powder and concealers for 3 years now. No breakouts!

25-01-2010
V.I.P.

i ve been using Mac concealer for years but i don t like it that much. i have very dark under eye circles and i don t think it covers much.
my dermatologist suggested clinique or shiseido

anyway, anybody knows a good concealer for dark circles?? thank u

25-01-2010
backstage pass

I think YSL's Touche Eclat cause its light and won't cake.
You could mix some Laura Mercier's Secret Camouflage with a bit of moisturiser either.

25-01-2010
V.I.P.

ya i heard touche eclat s good
thanx

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
concealer