How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-02-2012
trendsetter

http://www.style.com/beauty/beautyes...10_Rachel_Zoe/

In this link, Rachel Zoe mentions that YSL's Touche E'Clat is her concealer of choice.
It hasn't worked well with me, what do you all think?
I read here on the forums here about it being a highlighter not a concealer, but does it work as a concealer on some people?

27-02-2012
scenester

My favorite concealers as of late: MAC Studio Finish Concealer, Estee Lauder Double-Wear Concealer, Lorac Evening Out Complexion Kit, Fresh Umbrian Clay Concealer

28-02-2012
Making a Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by D A N A View Post
http://www.style.com/beauty/beautyes...10_Rachel_Zoe/

In this link, Rachel Zoe mentions that YSL's Touche E'Clat is her concealer of choice.
It hasn't worked well with me, what do you all think?
I read here on the forums here about it being a highlighter not a concealer, but does it work as a concealer on some people?
I use it as both. So on my browbone as a highlighter and a concealer under my eyes. This is how the YSL makeup artist did it on me years and years ago and I still do it this way today. Although I use it in number 2. I can't imagine shade 1 would work well as a concealer as it may be too pink. I think shade 1 is better suited as a highlighter only.

in the mood for love

I have only tried Touche Eclat in no. 1 and it was great for the under eyes, but it really is too pink for the blemishes even though it covers them pretty well. I really should probably get the no. 2...

front row

I use MAC concealer

05-03-2012
rising star

Hi, guys! I posted this a few days ago in the face thread...maybe this is a better place to ask, though :p

This will probably sound like a silly question, but...what's the difference between a concelaer and a corrector? I know concealers conceal, as in they hide dark circles and blemishes...but what about correctors?

I'm asking because I've read and heard some people talking about correctors (specially, Bobbi Brown's) and how they do a better job dealing with dark circles under the eyes.

Actually, I once had a MUA apply BB corrector (in light peach) and yes, the dark circles weren't noticeable but my undereye area looked too light, even with the concealer on top of it. If I use ONLY a corrector to cover dark circles should it be in a darker tone?

I want to buy either a concealer or a corrector...I'm on a budget, so it's gotta be just one of them. Which one would you recommend for hiding dark under eyes circles? I'd say mine aren't seriously dark, but they're definitely there, so I'm guessing I'd need medium coverage.

06-03-2012
trendsetter

^ I recommend that you go to the department store & try one on each eye and see throughout the day what works better on you & then go back the next day & buy what you feel makes you more comfortable.

I am a huge BB fan I do have the corrector & the concealer but I only use one at a time to be honest they both work well with me separately together they become clumpy under my eye.

06-03-2012
earthbound

^ Yep, that would be a great way to see what suits you best... try them during the day and see how well they perform. Take a picture in natural day light and flash to compare as well.

The only difference is that correctors are usually peachy/salmon colors to cancel the purple/blue undertones of dark circles. Concealers are generally closer to the actual skin tone (yellow/green) to neutralize the red (blemishes etc.) or lighten the eye area if you're going for that look.

06-03-2012
backstage pass

i also am a lover of BB correctors and concealers. i can't use the concealer under my eye though. even when i set it with powder it creases like crazy. plus i am so dark under my eyes that the corrector is much more effective in taking out the blue tone (though not all of it). i can build it up and it rarely creases. my only tip would be to test it in daylight. i think the correctors look awful if they are too dark/too light. too dark makes you look browney/orange under the eye (just as bad as being blue in my opinion) and too light just makes me look ashey.

29-03-2012
trendsetter

La Prairie's concealer is quite good, currently using it. It doesn't crease and stays on perfectly throughout the day

03-05-2012
windowshopping

My favourite concealer is MAC prolongwear. It stays put ( i couldnt wash it off my Tshirt ), its liquidy but it doesnt enhance your wrinkles which i generally experience almast always and it covers perfectly. Only downside is a pump, with one pump you get 10 times more product than you need.

09-06-2012
rising star

I used Touche Eclait but it did not cover up my circles enough-it looked nice on the face and didn't settle, but it was too thin. I tried Giorgio Armani, which had good coverage but I found didn't last long enough. I also tried Collection 2000, but it was too drying for my undereye area-I'm keeping it to cover blemishes though as it lasts all day.

I just got the Chanel one to try so hopefully I've found the one!

17-06-2012
V.I.P.

What would be a good concealer to cover up redness around the nose?

trendsetter

^ MAC's studio fix

03-01-2013
V.I.P.

Has anyone tried Revlon's photo ready concealer? I've been wanting to try a cream-based concealer. I'm getting a little bit bored with my current L'Oreal liquid concealer, which is alright, but it's nothing amazing.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
concealer