How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-07-2004
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Quote:
Originally posted by Street_a_Licious@Jul 21 2004, 01:18 AM
Ale, the problem is that friends like you are hard to get!
[snapback]313610[/snapback]
Not for me, we're married

Ale, send me free DIORFlash now please, thanks.

21-07-2004
V.I.P.

Does he still at Dior?

21-07-2004
& b

I wish, im a walking sephora though, im always carrying crap.. my last job I had to quit because of it's hours and cause school wasn't that happy about it, nor my mother..hah

But yeah, im an odd one, friends like me should come attatched to the milk carton

V.I.P.

Oh, Honey, you're not odd... you're special

21-07-2004
|/mirror queen\|

I would suggest Stila concealers. Easy to blen and with an excelent coverage.

Fierce Flava

Ale is the walking Sephora on the east coast...I am on the west coast...Sephora is even in my screenname ....I'd drag you to a counter and teach u if u were near me

Hahah...make-up whore...

23-07-2004
fashion insider

Dior Skin Flash works like a dream on me!!!!
Dior's verion of YSL Touche Eclat, but this worked much better for me as a concealer for my undereye circles.
I know they are not really meant to be used as concealers for covering and concealing, but almost all the liquid creamy concealers out there are too drying for my undereye area and settle into lines that I didn't even know were there
(note: I consider myself with pretty bad dark circles )
this time I decide to try some thin textured, light reflecting corrector (highlighter) kind of product for my undereye, like YSL Touch Eclat. however, from my past experience with Touch Eclat, it's not that pleasant for my circles, made them look grayish and as if I hadn't slept for a week
Dior Skin Flash is the same idea, but done perfect. the texture is fine and thin, but a tad bit more creamy than YSL.
I almost can't breathe when I see what it's done for my circles it doesn't erease them completely , but after two light layers, the darkness is beautifully concealed, only slightly noticeable, and looks wonderfully natural, not drying, not settling into lines, not creasing, not caking, not giving them weird color, not even showing that I'm wearing a concealer! it's like my real skin
my whole eye area plus the whole complexion are also nicely brighened up.
the same finish lasts the whole day. by the end of the day, after working and going to the gym, it's still the same fabulous result just like when first applied

23-07-2004
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally posted by PradaP@Jul 18 2004, 06:01 PM
Yup, I love this one too (obviously )

There are 3 shades available (limited I know), #1 is suited for fair skintones, #2 for fair-medium and #3 for medium-dark. (#2 is a perfect match for me so I have no complaints)

What I like most about this concealer that it's great as not only an under eye but also a blemish concealer (a lot of other concealers only perform one, not the other). Comes packaged in a gorgeous gold lippie packaging, cream texture which you can simply dot on and blend. Is non cakey and stays the day.

PradaP, YSL anti cernes is a stick concealer, right?
do you find it drying (do you have dry undereye skin)?
I want to try it but I'm not sure if it'll work on me.
a lot of liquid creamy concealers are even too drying for me and settle into lines that I didn't know of, I'm afraid that sticks wouldn't even go on smooth

23-07-2004
V.I.P.

yep, it's a cream concealer in a stick form and i dont find it drying at all. in fact much more creamy than other concealers i have used

i do always prep my under eye area before hand with a good eye cream and a light layer of LP Eye Lum veil though

hth

23-07-2004
fashion insider

thank you for the details, PradaP
I also always use a good moisturizing eye cream before concealer, but that doesn't help all the time with the drying factor of concealers on me.

23-07-2004
yes

when i go out i use this green concealer stick

you blend it in and it makes you look great it hides any redness

23-07-2004
rising star

Here's a great line of makeup products for men. They have a really good concealer:

Studio5ive for men

24-07-2004
V.I.P.

I'm gonna try Dior Skin Flash because I only use concealer on my undereyes.. never on my bemishes. It always creases and when I put my powder on, the powder sticks to the concealer and makes me look like I have MASSIVE brown circles under my eyes

Any other product suggestions before I go get my credit card?

05-08-2004
front row

PLEASE check out Coverblend By Exuviance
you can pick up at any sephora and it is my own life saver
it might just be me and my skin but i think its worth a shot
i was going to waste a bunch of cash on Chanel (as usual) and a friend suggested this one instead

trendsetter

I just thought I'd share a concealer discovery: Revlon Colorstay Undereye Concealer. I've tried pretty much every concealer that is popular, the YSL touche eclat, the stila, the mac, the covergirl, all of the basic ones. I usually found them too sheer and they rub off quickly. This Revlon one is amazing, it really stays, I think of it as a concealer stain. Plus, it's cheap.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
concealer