How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-05-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanelnumber5
sorry to repeat myself, but has anyone tried Clinique Airbrush concelar as i am considering buying it on saturday, but i want to see what other people think about it first
yeah, Ive tried it, but didnt looooove it. The color was really weird, and it made my face look very dull. It allso tends to streak a bit. But the texture is fab, and its easy to blend! And not that it matters, but the design is really boring I would rather pict up DIOR skinflash for under the eyes, and Laura Mercier secret camouflage on blemishes, the best combo ever, works like a dream for me! hope this helped a bit

17-07-2006
windowshopping

Covering Up
I don't know what's been causing it, but lately my skin's been breaking out. Unfortunately, a few of these blemishes have left small, reddish scars on my face. I also have a few freckles scattered about my complexion that I'd really like to cover up. The regular drugstore concealer is doing a terrible job of covering these marks up... does anyone have any suggestions for a super strong makeup product that will cover up such marks? Thank you!

17-07-2006
windowshopping

I really like the MAC studio touch up stick for spot concealers. works pretty good for me =)

18-07-2006
windowshopping

Thanks! I'll have to try that

19-07-2006
windowshopping

May be
-Stila perfecting concealer
-Laura Mercier camouflage
-Becca compact

19-07-2006
|/mirror queen\|

There are 2 things you can do:

1- use some liquid foundation and then cover up spots and marks with some concealer
2- Use some better coverage foundation such as cream compact foundations or some foundation is stick
These last two have more pigment and therefore coverage, so maybe you wonīt need concealer after them

backstage pass

im planing on buying YSL Touche eclat but since its quite expensive i was wondering how long it lasts until you have to buy I new one?

03-12-2006
|/mirror queen\|

I am not taking the blame out of the YSL Touche Eclat, but liquid formulas have water in them, so they usually rotten sooner, thatīs why the use date for such products, as mascaras and liquid foundations, is less than lipsticks, who are based on grease, for example.

The other problem about the Touche Eclat, is that the brush is attached, so more bacteria to pass around, making the product to go bad sooner.

scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mina_KF
im planing on buying YSL Touche eclat but since its quite expensive i was wondering how long it lasts until you have to buy I new one?
Mine lasted two years. I washed the brush occasionally with a little soap (a drop or two) and water then let it air dry.

05-12-2006
fashion insider

i love Nars kbuki botan brush, it feels so soft and tickly on my face

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa314
Mine lasted two years. I washed the brush occasionally with a little soap (a drop or two) and water then let it air dry.
wow two years?! That sounds great, now Im definitely going to buy it.
(Yeah I aslo heard that it doesnt stink rotten if you wash it now and then.)

thanks for the help Lisa

09-12-2006
trendsetter

I love maybelline's coverstick. I have it green and ivory. The green really does help with covering a red blemish quite well.

boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchina
I bought YSL Touche Eclat early January, and now it smells rotten. I always used it on clean skin and took good care of it. I'm pretty irritated, because it wasn't even worth the money when it was in good condition for me. What can I do?
This happened to me also. I think YSL has quality control issues with this product. I've heard about this happening to a couple other people over on Makeupalley. Its a shame since the actual concealor is very good. I've switched to Laura Merciers Undercover set which is has been a better concealor overall for me. The texture is divine and it just plain works. I've tried scads of concealors but its the best I've found thus far. If you were using the Touche Eclat for a highlighter too Laura Mercier also has a similar product that is very very good plus it doesn't get all skunky.

09-12-2006
barack the vote

i use alison raffaele true concealer

10-12-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofialuv
I am not taking the blame out of the YSL Touche Eclat, but liquid formulas have water in them, so they usually rotten sooner, thatīs why the use date for such products, as mascaras and liquid foundations, is less than lipsticks, who are based on grease, for example.

The other problem about the Touche Eclat, is that the brush is attached, so more bacteria to pass around, making the product to go bad sooner.
It comes with detailed instructions on how you're supposed to wash the brush part of the product if there are long lapses in between applications. I don't know if this is a newly added thing as a result of complaints or what...

But I use mine every day... so there is constantly new fresh fluid on the brush... I feel like as long as you use it every day consistently, you should be fine about bacteria build up.

Also the make up artist who told me about the product recommended applying it to the clean backside of your hand first, and then using fingers to dab it on to undereyes from there.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
concealer