How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-12-2005
scenester

Any advice on how to make a nose seem shorter?
My nose is kinda long and i would like to know some makeup tips, so it can look shorter.Any advice?

Thanxs

07-12-2005
windowshopping

Put a darker shade on the bottom of ur nose!!

24-01-2006
scenester

Contouring / Minimizing Your Nose
Hi everyone is there a way i can hide the bump in my nose? it's been bugging me for such along time and i cant afford surgery right now so is there ANY way i can make it less obvious?? Thanks alot

25-01-2006
windowshopping

I don't know what you look like (obviously) but I LOVE character in the face esp. the nose. There are a ton of models with not so average facial characteristics that make them unique & striking. I was friends with a girl who was sorta punky and she had the most beautiful nose, it looked like a roman sculpture- almost hook nose- she hated it. We all tried to talk her out of a nose job, but she did it anyway. The job was botched & she regrets it. I do have to say that I haven't walked in your shoes so I don't know if it's disrupting your life or anything! There are some really good books out there or something on the internet about shading and contouring. It's kinda hard to give specific instructions without seeing your nose. The only general thing I can offer is don't do any highlighting on or near your nose. I am sure someone else might have better options....

25-01-2006
windowshopping

My friend's nose looked like this:

http://www.amazinginfoonhomosexuals....ages/m.f.1.jpg

25-01-2006
V.I.P.

As said before, it's difficult to advise something, not having seen your face. And, twice as difficult for me, since I don't know any make-up tips, anyway...

However, I must say that the best way to draw people's attention away from what you don't really want them to notice, is to feel comfortable with your feautures the way they are at the moment.

It may help if you know that even models have those bumps, sometimes... Like this one, for instance:

I know it may sound like nagging to you, but right things often are banal.

And, by the way, I agree with the previous person on that bumps add character and I must say I like them too.

credit for the picture: jurgita.com

windowshopping

Was the link considered credit for the photo? I'll delete it if I have to...

27-01-2006
V.I.P.

VersaceGirl shame on you! Nose bumps are the best Be proud and love yourself!

27-01-2006
front row

You know what, if versacigirl wants to get a nose job then I say go for it. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what anybody thinks because you are the one that looks in the mirror everyday and if your nose bugs you then fix it. I think plastic surgery for self-esteem reasons is perfectly fine.

27-01-2006
Soviet Camaro

It depends on the nose and its relation to the rest of the face, but I think a hook nose can be incredibly sexy, just as a "perfect" nose can be boring. I am pretty sick of cookie-cutter "beauty."

I also think plastic surgery is a slippery slope and it is a fact that there are risks involved.

If you are really determined to change your nose, it may ultimately be the right decision, but it is not one to be taken lightly IMO.

Meanwhile, I hope you find some way to feel better about it, whether through makeup or whatever!

Adorable illusion

I think I read in a magazine to slim a wide nose down you can put highlighter down one side of it to give the illusion of a slimmer nose.

27-01-2006
& b

Flat no shiny makeup will make it look less obvious, cause it won't catch so much light... other than that, it's just a matter of surgery.

scenester

thanks guys i really appreciate your help and comments

29-01-2006
fashion elite

eeek..i've been really self-concious about my nose lately! It's a button nose, kind of round and upturned, almost piggish I can't stand it, and I want plastic surgery, but I'm so scared about having a botched job! I just don't knowww

29-01-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemakeup
I find this nose extra cute I would love to have nose like that

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
contouring, minimizing, nose