How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-07-2009
V.I.P.

Courtney Love's Beauty Products
No, not her own line, though she does eventually want to get into marketing and her own perfume. I thought about that thread someone made several years ago about Sofia Coppola's Beauty Cabinet, the photo that was taken for French Vogue, terrific photo, and I use still some of the same brands in that photo.

With Courtney though, she usually tells what she is using and I know from personal experience what she likes and I also recognize some of the products in these photos, but was hoping someone could help ID the type of perfume in the bottle on the left of her sink in the first pic? And anything else you want. I see all the SKN products she has been raving about and a jar of Biologique-Recherche moisturizing cream. Also A jar of La Prairie. I want to know what kind of Dior foundation that is.

I doubt this thread will go anywhere near Sofia's since hers was professionally shot, and these are blurry twit pics, but I thought I would give it a shot with some of the Skin & Body Care Crowd.

twitpic

Last edited by LetThemEatCake; 26-07-2009 at 06:06 PM.

26-07-2009
V.I.P.

If you look at the second photo where she is cleansing (take off some of that jewelry dear!) you can see Pureology Hairspray. I NEED to know the peachy/pinkish tube right to the left of it. I want to think it is a Cle De Peau product. You people probably all think I'm

26-07-2009
fashion icon

umm weird..she is the last person to be pushing anything about beauty.

fashion insider

Does she actually use any of those products?

26-07-2009
V.I.P.

What's the purpose of having them if not to use? Certainly not to stare at. I've been with Courtney in her bathroom, it was about noon, just an hour earlier I'd been back at a hotel, cleansing my face when I was texted and told to come over, she still hadnt gone to bed after her Roxy show...When I got there she wanted me to try on masks and do a ton of stuff to my freshly-cleansed skin... I did not, but I did close my eyes so she could spritz Biologique Recherche's VIP02 Oxygenating Flow Mist to my face.

But yeah, of course she uses them.

27-07-2009
front row

WHOA. That's a whole lot of beauty products!!

27-07-2009
rising star

Lol my bathroom is looking more and more like that Courtney looks ace in the photos btw , bod wise.

27-07-2009
windowshopping

haha i remember reading that courtney stole a chanel lipgloss from sofia coppola's bedroom, and then years later she left one for sofia at the reception of her hotel.

27-07-2009
V.I.P.

Oh yeah, I remember that. Well I only stole a pack of cigarettes that were from Duty Free because they have the big 'SMOKING KILLS' sticker on the front that isnt in America. I dont think its good karma to steal, so as much as I wanted her Cle De Peau Beaute La Creme and some of her benzoyl peroxide acne medicated cream (just to have something prescribed with her name on it) I resisted....If you want to see some of what she gave me I posted the pics in the Show Us Your Skincare Products thread! I just wanted an ID on the pink/gold/peach tube....and yes her body does look killer in these pics...I just dont know how she cleanses with her hair in her face and all that jewelry on!!

27-07-2009
little soul

The foundation is either Diorskin Forever, or Diorskin Extreme Fit (based on packaging) - both are full coverage. In the second pic I also see a Shu Uemura palette, NARS & Chanel lipsticks, in the bottom of the pic is a Kevyn Aucoin product (red/black box). I think the pink tube (behind a Laborotoire Remede tube with the orange flower) is a By Terry cleanser or mask from the rose line, it's the same as mine

V.I.P.

Oh wonderful to see you my beauty comrade, miu_miu! So it IS a By Terry product, and a cleanser from the Rose line? I'm intrigued. It actually went through my mind, because I thought the colors of the tube were an awful lot like By Terry, but I know she also likes Cle De Peau, anyhow, you-genius on ID'ing! I have not heard her talk about using By Terry yet, so...thank you so much for the ID on that, plus the Diorskin Forever/Extreme Fit...I havent used foundation in years but are these good? I'd like to look at them, and I know she's been a fan of Labatorie Remede ever since the line was released (at Bliss Spa I think?) in the late 90's. Do you know what individual product that is?

Karma!

Last edited by LetThemEatCake; 27-07-2009 at 01:07 PM.
27-07-2009
little soul

It could be the cleanser (comes in cream or gel formulation) or the mask, they have the same packaging - pale pink, slightly pearlised finish. You know how much I love the mask so you need it anyway!

I'm leaning towards the Dior Forever foundation but honestly I don't see that you would need something as heavy coverage as this, although I have heard the powder is very good. A lighter Dior foundation is the Nude one, but anyway message me if you want to talk foundations...You may also want to look into Kevyn Aucoin because I think I see the Liquid Airbrush foundation - I cannot be 100% sure on the product because we don't have it here, but the red and black packaging is his.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I recognised the Kevin Aucoin packaging too But that is about it unfortunately! Although all of the single eyeshadow palettes look a lot like the Bobbi Brown ones I use.

V.I.P.

I think alot of the beauty palettes are this new brand she's been obsessed with, only available in the UK @ Selfridge's and some other stores, Illamasqua?

illamasqua.com

28-07-2009
little soul

Yes, the bright eyeshadows are definitely Illamasqua - it was just launched on sephora.com this week and will be sold from the Times Square store shortly.

Tags
beauty, courtney, love, products