How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-05-2010
windowshopping

I am kinda over Soy Milk. I bought some Oat Milk to eat with my cereal but I still have Soy Milk in my latte. I'd love to try making my own Almond Milk for my cereal!

17-05-2010
trendsetter

I choose neither. I cut back on fat in my diet, and went from whole to 2 percent to skim to soy milk over the past few years. Then I was concerned about how much of my diet was reliant on soy. I was eating loads of it; and then I read about the potential of problems from the estrogenic effects of soy and soy milk. I experienced some health things that gave me pause (although there is much debate about the estrogenic effects of soy), and about soybean farming and realized I was eating far too much soy. I have switched to almond and rice milk (although I much prefer almond and think it's way better than soy). I also feel much better drinking almond. Silk is nice once in a while, especially chocolate and egg nog varieties. Just not all the time.

18-05-2010
windowshopping

Yes I completely agree with you. I saw that soy was on the news last year for also causing weight problems in boys and girls from the time they were drinking it in formula. I guess soy in its original form as edamame is really good for you, but when it starts getting refined and turned into all different kinds of things, thats when it causes problems. Also, cows milk is yummy but it is harder for the body to digest and takes like 8 hours to break down in the body. Goats milk is also really good and is much easier digestible. Also I like almond milk too, but my favorite is coconut.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cows, milk, soy