How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

30-03-2005
front row

88keys, like i said in the other topic: YOU ROCK!!!
i knew you could do it!! and pancakes: yum! i'm more of a waffle girl myself, but way to reward yourself!!

me: i planned to go for a nice long jog today...but it was really windy (and therefore much colder than i anticipated). my RIGHT (oops i got that wrong on the other topic. oops) achilles acted up, and with a sore RIGHT quad too...my endurance run degenerated into a very short walk-jog.

i hope this doesn't spell a replay of oct '03 when i actually tore the darn thing. grrr.

30-03-2005
ele
rising star

Today I did 10 mins of Salute to the Sun - a yoga routine - I do it 6 mornings a week as soon as I get up and it adds up by the end of the week! Every now and then I take a week off but I look forward to it most mornings and today was no acception.

30-03-2005
front row

wow. yoga is probably so good for your joints. i wish i knew more about it, ele.
me: took the couple out for some light hill runs (only 3 full stretches of uphill running) and then some shuffling drills to build up our quads. and a bit of core.

30-03-2005
ele
rising star

fasshionbebe, Yoga is a miracle exercise. The beauty of it is that it is stretching so you are making your body long and lean while you are doing it, so nturally if you want your body to be long and lean then yoga is so good. Yoga slims muscles and is also so good for your organs! Yes it is very good for your joints and is one of the rare exercises that you can do for life.

Also yoga isnt just a slow kind of exercise, but can be very upbeat such as in Ashtanga (which Maddonna does) or Bikram. Yoga I have done has often been the most strenuous exercise I have ever done.

Try it out sometime

31-03-2005
windowshopping

I bought a new exercise DVD today, Eric Prydz Pump it up (http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/health/1202004.htm). It was really fun, but some of the moves were quite difficult at first, they have all of the moves from the Call on me music video though, which was cool. The music is good and the girls are inspiring

31-03-2005
V.I.P.

you've just inspired me to spend my amazon voucher i got for christmas. I caan buy fitness dvds

31-03-2005
backstage pass

walked an hour (quickly, to and and from work)

an hour on the elliptical machine
500 abs

yoga tomorrow...ashtanga 1.5 hours and about 3 hours of walking during the total course of the day

31-03-2005
backstage pass

I'm away from the gym so no real workout for the last couple of days. But I've gone for a few (leisurely) walks to the stores and stuff like that.

01-04-2005
trendsetter

"Facercise"

01-04-2005
backstage pass

I have no time to go to the gym and I feel my body growing everyday... I have 6 kilometers to work so I was planning to at least take a walk in the morning..But then, the air in Rome is so polluted so I think it's like instead of getting healthier it's more like smoking of pack of cigarettes breathe this air for an hour.. I hate this situation cos I feel a lot better when I go to the gym 3 times a week..a lot more positive..

01-04-2005
V.I.P.

track... more social than exercise, but it still counts, because i was moving...

and now i'm in my living room, doing some standing exercises as i type...

01-04-2005
front row

ran 2 miles, walked 2 miles, did abs and lots of squats...now i'm off to do pilates before bed!

02-04-2005
windowshopping

Hmmm, does 3 hours of shopping count? I say yes

02-04-2005
V.I.P.

Undressing and Dressing - 40 calories in 25 min
Washing - taking shower - 72 calories in 45 min
Talking or Talking on Phone – standing - 6 calories in 4 minStanding - talking or talking on phone - 36 calories in 25 min
Lying – sleeping - 551 calories in 12 hr 45 min
Hairstyling - self care - 60 calories in 30 min
Brushing Teeth - 5 calories in 3 min
Walking - 3.5 mph - 91 calories in 30 min
Swimming - general (leisure, not laps) - 624 calories in 2 hr 10 min

03-04-2005
backstage pass

I've decided to start training for a marathon, but I'm not really sure how to do this...any ideas? I have been a pretty good runner - esp long distance but the furthest I have raced is a 10k. I am way out of shape recently and trying to get back to where I was when I was competing...such a slow road. Anyway, once I get back to general shape, any ideas on how to train for a marathon?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, daily, exercise