Daily Exercise #1 - Page 14 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
11-04-2005
V.I.P.

a workout at track, and later, an hour of yoga..

20-04-2005
front row

Im gonna start going swimming.... im gonna go for an hour or 2 after school,at least 2 days after skool then on a weekend.And im doing a 30 minute stretch and tone video a day now which has a 10 min warmup,around 12 minutes cardio then matwork (crunches ect) and a cool down,and im going to do my 1 hour dance video which is like aerobics,got a little salsa dance and toneing and all that in on a weekend.Im gonna try and go swimming at least 3 times a week,2 times during the week and on a sunday.

Last edited by laura4eva; 20-04-2005 at 12:41 PM.

20-04-2005

i've been 3 weeks in jazz class now... i know, its so 80's, but i really need to acquire more cordination skills

20-04-2005
V.I.P.

I just been to my first hip hop dance class and omg its so hard !! i might pack it in

20-04-2005
V.I.P.

Oooh. How fun you guys!!!! I love dance! I had to quit my classes, but I miss it dearly! I took jazz and hip-hop and was just starting to get the hang of tap (so hard, I think). I still take cardio hip-hop at the Y, which is fun, but not quite the same...

No exercise for me yet today. May take a walk when I get home from work. So beautiful today!!

20-04-2005
V.I.P.

ok so you know in your hiphop class, did the teacher just dance and you follow her or did she reach u individual moves then put them all together in a dance. She started of a level 6 and worked up, i felt this was too fast for a beginers class and couldnt keep up, is this just me ??

20-04-2005
V.I.P.

In my class, she would teach you an eight count slowly, and then have you practice it up to tempo until you got the general hang of it. After the first 8-count, she'd repeat the same technique with the second 8-count and then have you string the two 8-counts together. And so on until the entire routine was learned ...

You'll get used to it. I felt WAY out of my element when I first started, but eventually got it. The trick is to have fun with it and not feel too self-conscious. It is for fun after all!! Funny, I had a problem with the mirrors when I first started. I felt so VAIN staring at myself , but that's just part of dance...

Also, don't feel like you have to perfect the first 8-count before you can move on to learning the second. As long as you have the basics down, it'll come together by the end since you'll be repeating it so much.

Enjoy!! Dance is great exercise and it's fun and social to boot!

20-04-2005
backstage pass

today I got up before work and biked for 45 min, then walked 1/2 hour to work. I have another 2.5 hours of walking to do today and then a 1.5 hour class of ashtanga yoga!

20-04-2005
V.I.P.

thanks curious

20-04-2005
V.I.P.

Here's my current workout plan....

Walk 3 miles jog over half a mile.. I'm working it up to a mile and so on..
Plus I'm gonna get back to doing crunches and resistance bands which are
really hard

20-04-2005
tea time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoVogue
Sex..
thats about the only exercise i get
apart from walking to and from school! im so darn lazy compared to alot of people in here i feel ashamed i used to go for long walks in the summer but i dont anymore. i should get my *** motivated!

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/

20-04-2005
backstage pass

I haven't been to the gym since exams started.. so all my prior hard work was probably for nothing..

20-04-2005
V.I.P.

today I walked 3 miles and jogged .70 wow I was soooo hot when I got done and I was still hot even after I took a shower Oh my mom measured me today and I've grown I'm now 5'6"1/2!!! oh yeahhh

29-04-2005
front row

Hey guys, I'm back!
UK, don't beat yourself up, girl! I had to stop doing stuff because my achilles injury was acting up, and then exams came and it was so easy to let the exercise thing drop to the wayside. I was worried that my lack of fitness would screw me for tryouts, but I got through them...with adrenaline. ha ha!!

I'm doing absolutely nothing today, except helping a friend coach his team. I might commute by bike (I just started riding my bike again last week. I can't believe I didn't start before. I guess I had forgotten how much I like it.), but I probably should give my lower back a little bit of a break. I'm so excited for this season that I've been pushing it a bit too much at practice and my body's been telling me that it doesn't fully like me.

Oh....what did I do this week?
Mon: final tryout (I made it on the team!), biked there and back
Wed: shopping for three hours (man, shopping wears me out more than practice!!)
-about 30mins of practice...and then I watched the rest of the girls work hard because I felt something funny in my quad, biked there and back
Thurs: I did a training session with my friends...so I guess that was about 20mins conditioning, 20 mins easy throwing, 10 mins core, and a warmup/cooldown
Fri: I'm going to do nothing!!! yayayyyyyy

29-04-2005
V.I.P.

wow my legs are super duper sore! I think it's from walking/jogging. I walked and jogged everyday this week except yesterday. I walk 3.50 miles and then jog at least .50 and I'm going to keep working it up little by little into a full mile and from there on.. But I've been riding my bicycle alot too! Cause I'm housesitting for some neighbors (actually just taking care of their cats ) and I have to ride up a little hill on the way to their house. And I've been going there alot so the back of my thighs are killin me plus I've gotten back to doin some crunches...
Oh and I've been weeding flower beds killin my arms

Last edited by Bonchic; 29-04-2005 at 04:29 PM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, daily, exercise