How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

30-11-2004
V.I.P.

I'm back to walking everyday.. It's hard to walk in the cold but I'm getting use to it! I walked around 3 miles today I'm going to step it up tomorrow though.

01-12-2004
rising star

Bonchic ~ I love walking! It gives you time to think while you're burning calories. I think it's great! I try to walk as much as possible. Good luck with your work-out!

Today I didn't do that much...

15 minutes stationary bike
600 sit-ups
100 leg raises
50 push-ups

...but I was really busy today, so I guess I got a lot of exercise all through the day.

01-12-2004
V.I.P.

yeah I love walking too! I might get a treadmill for the days that I don't feel like going outside (it's too hot or too cold). I listen to music when I walk but today I was like walking and I didn't see my neighbor pull up in her car (I was walking past her driveway) and it freaked me out so I might turn the volume down. Funny thing is when I listen to music I usually do "tune" it out and do alot of thinking it's great! Gosh I need to do some weight lifting and stomach exercises but I hate them any suggestions for exercises that target arm and stomach muscles so I don't feel like I'm exerxcising? lol!

01-12-2004
tfs star

today my gym was closed because of a gas leak.
so i ran/walked outside in the freezing cold for five miles. damn, i really want to lose weight, don't i?

01-12-2004
within an embrace

Can anyone recommend a light workout for me that I can do in my (second floor) apartment? The weather where I am is rainy and cold, so doing much outdoor exercise isn't really feasible...

I just want something to do so I can keep fit.

I want to tone my thighs and stomach, mostly. Perhaps lose about 8 lbs.

Thanks.

02-12-2004
V.I.P.

naf all which is why im fat im jsut not the sporty type i went for a 15 minute walk thats all, mind u i have exams at the moment no time for exercise

03-12-2004
rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonchic+Dec 1 2004, 05:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bonchic @ Dec 1 2004, 05:57 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Gosh I need to do some weight lifting and stomach exercises but I hate them any suggestions for exercises that target arm and stomach muscles so I don't feel like I'm exerxcising? lol!
[snapback]446529[/snapback]
[/b]

Dancing? Maybe yoga? I gues dancing is good, because it's fun and it burns calories. If you want to tone your arm and stomach muscles I'd suggest you do push-ups and sit-ups. That sounds boring and not fun, but if you do them in front of the TV it's not so bad. Plus, you don't have to do thousands, just start slow and build it up after a while. Maybe you could give it a try? Hope that helps!

<!--QuoteBegin-Misako
@Dec 1 2004, 07:20 PM
Can anyone recommend a light workout for me that I can do in my (second floor) apartment? The weather where I am is rainy and cold, so doing much outdoor exercise isn't really feasible...

I just want something to do so I can keep fit.

I want to tone my thighs and stomach, mostly. Perhaps lose about 8 lbs.

Thanks.
[snapback]446642[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well, you could buy a hometrainer? Or buy work-out video's/DVD's so you can work out at home? Jumping rope is also a great when you wanna lose weight. Plus, you can do that at home. I'm no expert though.. just see if you can find something that's fun and makes you lose weight/tone up.

03-12-2004
V.I.P.

thanks I guess I have no other options I'll have to do crunches and situps Oh well no pain no gain (or loss!!)..

04-12-2004
rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonchic@Dec 3 2004, 11:34 AM
thanks I guess I have no other options I'll have to do crunches and situps Oh well no pain no gain (or loss!!)..
[snapback]449085[/snapback]
It's really not that bad! Just do it in front of the TV, so you won't get bored. Good luck!!

Today:

Spent 2h45 at the gym (weights, treadmill, stationary bike, etc. etc.)

Plus, at home:

500 sit-ups
200 leg raises
50 push-ups

04-12-2004
V.I.P.

yeah I'll have to put on a really good movie or something... Today I only walked 2 miles because I wasn't feeling good.. I'm taking the weekends easy..

04-12-2004
within an embrace

Quote:
Originally posted by NYC_Dreams@Dec 3 2004, 10:20 AM
Dancing? Maybe yoga? I gues dancing is good, because it's fun and it burns calories. If you want to tone your arm and stomach muscles I'd suggest you do push-ups and sit-ups. That sounds boring and not fun, but if you do them in front of the TV it's not so bad. Plus, you don't have to do thousands, just start slow and build it up after a while. Maybe you could give it a try? Hope that helps!
Well, you could buy a hometrainer? Or buy work-out video's/DVD's so you can work out at home? Jumping rope is also a great when you wanna lose weight. Plus, you can do that at home. I'm no expert though.. just see if you can find something that's fun and makes you lose weight/tone up.
[snapback]448962[/snapback]
Thanks!

04-12-2004
tfs star

6th day in a row of two hours at the gym. tomorrow is break day, yay!

04-12-2004
V.I.P.

I'm going to take up doing push-ups... Well, umm- soon!

05-12-2004
front row

45-50 mins of cardio 5-6x a week(running and the elliptical)

toning exercises(crunches,lunges,arm,leg back exercises)

I'm also gonna be lifting weights soon so I'm excited about that.

11-12-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by lunabella@Nov 28 2004, 06:55 PM
thesocalledprep, it seems like you work out a lot. what do you recommend for weight loss? you know what my current workout is (20 min stairmaster, 20 min elliptical, 1 hr circuit training, 20 min running on treadmill at various speeds), do you think it will be effective?
i read this book called Body for Life and the author recommends doing this:
http://www.bodyforlife.com/exercise/cardiotraining.asp and
http://www.bodyforlife.com/exercise/weighttraining.asp

the thing is that i don't want to do circuit training on my legs (they are in good shape from all the cardio), so i just do my arms, chest, shoulders, back and abs (basically his Upper Body Training). i still follow the cardio part that he gives, except i do it three times for twenty minutes six days a week, not just for twenty minutes three times a week.
[snapback]442504[/snapback]

that sounds like a good plan... a little complicated, but pretty good. I recommend doing more cardio than strength training to lose weight if you need to lose more than 10 or 15 pounds. However, if you're pretty near a healthy weight and just want to shed a few pounds and tone up, I would do a more equal balance of cardio and strength training.

For women, cardio is more important because they naturally have higher stores of fat and don't gain muscle quite as easily as men do.

I recommend an hour of cardio at least 5 days a week to lose weight... one of those days should be on the weekend, too, to prevent weekend eating/partying/etc.

Good ideas:

1 hr Step Aerobics, Cardio Circuit classes, Aerobics..

40 minutes elliptical machine at a challenging pace, but one you can do for the entire 40 minutes. Try doing half forward and half backward (you know what I mean) Then run for 20 minutes at a challenging pace.

Walking at a 13% incline on the treadmill, as fast as you can without falling off or giving up.

Wow, I should shut up now.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, daily, exercise