How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-07-2005
scenester

19-07-2005
scenester

19-07-2005
V.I.P.

I like low fat milk with my cereal but I don't drink it very often. I can't live without my low fat cheese though. I love cheese platters with wine but that is my rare indulgence.

19-07-2005
windowshopping

A few years ago I chugged milk for a whole summer.. and I grew 2 inches!

lol but whether it really had anything to do with helping me grow.. I love all dairy!

19-07-2005
fashion elite

I only do non-fat milk....
and I like cheese and all as well... but milk-product fat is just yuck to me...

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSoCalledPrep
I avoid dairy... but I do love my cheese....

Milk is completely and utterly terrible for you...
Im sorry- what did I miss... why is milk terrible?

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

^ It's terrible for people who are lactose-intolerant, but otherwise, it's good for you. Depends on how your body handles it. Milk does nothing but good for me. I only drink skim milk (when I drink milk straight, which is rarely), eat mozz. cheese and yogurt. Good sources of calcium AND protein.

19-07-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Yes... milk is Mother Nature's "perfect food" ...for a calf... until it is weaned.

Everything you know about cow's milk and dairy is probably part of a Dairy industry MYTH.

Cow's milk is an unhealthy fluid from diseased animals that contains a wide range of dangerous and disease-causing substances that have a cumulative negative effect on all who consume it.

MILK'S BASIC CONTENTS

*ALL* cow's milk (regular and 'organic') has 59 active hormones, scores of allergens, fat and cholesterol.

Most cow's milk has measurable quantities of herbicides, pesticides, dioxins (up to 200 times the safe levels), up to 53 powerful antibiotics, blood, pus, feces, bacteria and viruses. (Cow's milk can have traces of anything the cow ate... including such things as radioactive fallout from nuke testing.

CANCER FUEL

Of those 59 hormones one is a powerful GROWTH hormone called Insulin- like Growth Factor ONE (IGF-1). By a freak of nature it is identical in cows and humans. Consider this hormone to be a "fuel cell" for any cancer... (the medical world says IGF-1 is a key factor in the rapid growth and proliferation of breast, prostate and colon cancers, and we suspect that most likely it will be found to promote ALL cancers).

IGF-1 is a normal part of ALL milk... the newborn is SUPPOSED to grow quickly! What makes the 50% of obese American consumers think they need MORE growth? Consumers don't think anything about it because they do not have a clue to the problem... nor do most of our doctors.

(See http://www.notmilk.com/igf1time.txt for a time line)

Perhaps the BEST single reference:
http://www.notmilk.com/a-z.txt

"It's not natural for humans to drink cow's milk. Humans milk is for humans. Cow's milk is for calves. You have no more need of cow's milk than you do rats milk, horses milk or elephant's milk. Cow's milk is a high fat fluid exquisitely designed to turn a 65 lb baby calf into a 400 lb cow. That's what cow's milk is for!" --Dr Michael Klaper MD

"I no longer recommend dairy products after the age of 2 years. Other calcium sources offer many advantages that dairy products do not have." --Dr. Benjamin Spock
Full article:
http://www.rense.com/general26/milk.htm

Also see milksucks.com and notmilk.com

I am lactose intolerant at the age of 15 from not ingesting too much dairy... the only things I can stomach anymore are the two things that most LI indivuals CAN stomach... yogurt and cheese... I try to avoid both, but cave sometimes

To me, that plainly says something: By me not drinking milk, my body has not been hardened against it, and it makes me sick... therefore, milk is not made for humans if so many are intolerant, even people who don't know it.

It's the same as carbonation, which I haven't had for several years... I can't drink pop at all anymore without terrible pains..

Anyways, Don't mean to offend anyone or get into any arguments. I am just offering my opinion to the discussion.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dairy