How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-11-2003
backstage pass

there are many different articles saying dairy is good..dairy is bad..blah blah..u need calcium but then it's in other products as well..SO..what do u think..

>>to eat dairy on not to eat if u want to lose weight/not gain??

27-11-2003
backstage pass

I like dairy
the diet thing atkins likes dairy just not milk

27-11-2003
backstage pass

It depends on individual constitution & your background. Many studies show that dairy consumed by adults can't be completely digested & creates mucus (sorry for being too graphic)
Some people are just lactose intolerant & can't digest it at all.
On the other hand, it is a main source of calcium & delish. I try to use only organic products, and go easy on a cheese. Don't think i could ever give up dairy, i it! As far as losing weight goes, diets like Atkins & South Beach allow it, because dairy products are low in carbs. If you eat yogurt go for Stonyfield Farm low-fat version, it's natural & tastes great. Instead of butter use "I Can't Believe it's Not butter" or "Slim Cow" brand if it's available where you live. And skim mozzarella & skim ricotta are safe bets as well.

28-11-2003
backstage pass

your body uses calcium to absorb protein, and since dairy products have a high-protein content they actually LEACH calcium from the body. the best resource for calcium is dark leafy vegetables.

28-11-2003
front row

I personally am pro dairy. Really pro.

I drink a gallon of milk every two days and it does me good. I have great long strong nails due to the calcium.

28-11-2003
backstage pass

Wow I'm tempted to tell some Wisconsin Dairy joke right now...

28-11-2003
front row

grrrrrr honey
j/k
<----is a total Wisconsin Cheese Head

28-11-2003
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by P.Amber@Nov 28th, 2003 - 4:44 pm
grrrrrr honey
j/k
That means you probably enjoy cheese curds -- the real ones that sqeak when you eat them!!!

front row

Quote:
Originally posted by tealady+Nov 28th, 2003 - 5:52 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tealady @ Nov 28th, 2003 - 5:52 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-P.Amber@Nov 28th, 2003 - 4:44 pm
grrrrrr honey
j/k
That means you probably enjoy cheese curds -- the real ones that sqeak when you eat them!!! [/b][/quote]
TOTALLY!!!

The small town I grew up in had this tiny cheese factory in it. And you could get fresh cheese curds every day.

28-11-2003
Naturellement pulpeuse

A lot of middle/east Asians cannot digest milk properly. Stay off the rancid Yak butter wherever you're from....

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by P.Amber+Nov 28th, 2003 - 6:02 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(P.Amber @ Nov 28th, 2003 - 6:02 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by tealady@Nov 28th, 2003 - 5:52 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-P.Amber
Quote:
@Nov 28th, 2003 - 4:44 pm
grrrrrr honey
j/k

That means you probably enjoy cheese curds -- the real ones that sqeak when you eat them!!!
TOTALLY!!!

The small town I grew up in had this tiny cheese factory in it. And you could get fresh cheese curds every day. [/b][/quote]
Ha! I knew it. Nothing like those Wisconsin cheese curds to really set you free! I grew up in Illinois so I'm familiar with this delicacy.

front row

I love milk but I have to put Ovaltine in it. I also eat plain yoghurt (with honey in it), and I like cheese but not too often. I rarely eat ice cream.

Melody Nelson

I eat cheese...once a month if I eat dairy I blow up like a horse But I drink soy milk it's really better than milk

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Most experts say that calcium is key in effective weightloss. But everybody's right, calcium has different effects for everybody.

Personally, I eat a lot of dairy. Mozzerella cheese, skim cottage cheese, fat free cream cheese, fat free yogurt, etc.

They say studies have proved that calcium in dairy foods are most effective in getting rid of abdobinal fat. So if you've got tummy fat you need to get rid of, I believe the percentage was 23% more you'll get rid of if you have a certain amount of dairy daily.

V.I.P.

i loooooove CHEESE but unfortunately processed dairy provokes MIgRANE in my head

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dairy