How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-06-2004
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally posted by Gboy@Jun 2nd, 2004 - 9:06 pm
woww did you tryed it ?did it worked Misori?(sorry for my bad english)
No, i didn't, but i heard positive opinions. Anyway i would like to try it.

Midori

10-06-2004
trendsetter

The best type of concealer you acn get is one with a yellow undertone. the yellow undertone will even out any imperfections you may have. the one that i use is Bobbi Brown concealer/loose powder combination it's called creamy concealer kit. And Bobbi Brown is a big advocate of the yellow undertone foundations/concealers/powders. On the other hand if you need a quick fix for puffy eyes in the morning, tak an ice cube wrap it in a paper towel and press on your eye lids. the other one is warm tea bags, both forms are good and work (I know) but i wouldn't use them unless i absolutely had to I don't think that ice is really good for your eyes all that often.

10-06-2004
& b

No Age Yeux by Dior works wonders for me, as for Hemorrhoid cream

flaunt the imperfection

my friend who has had this problem all her life swears by the chanel concealer...i admit she does look much better with it...

10-06-2004
& b

Is that the one that comes in a stick?...that one comes in a green and yellow colour, which works wonders for undereye darkness, I tried it once at the boutique, and it looked awesome, but it takes more work than using the Laura Mercier Camouflage

flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by Alejandro@Jun 10th, 2004 - 5:13 pm
8??
no ...just a wand with a sponge tip...i think it goes on matte which makes a difference...

14-06-2004
backstage pass

Sorry to hear about your circles & bags. i'm a Caramel chicky & can relate a bit as i've inherited dark triangular shaped 'circles' under my eyes. Alas - due to other factors (see below) these have turned dark blue/purple colour.

Before i tell my tale, i must say i agree w/ Eloes - maybe it's not as bad as you think - i know i can get hung up on aspects of my appearance & end up doing things that make it worse. Please make sure you check everything out B4 you choose surgery. You sound like you're taking good care of yourself - keep that up.

OK, so these dark triangles went from bad to terrible when i tried to seriously change them. i used Retinol & it made it WORSE. Then to fix that, i went to a dermatologist who gave me a cream w/ Hydroquinone - & guess what - that's what changed it from blue to this crazy purple colour!! It's been over 1yr. now & won't go away (i've used C-spot to reduce it as much as i can). Oh yea, also be careful if you take St. John's Wort - make sure you use a sunscreen b/c it makes your skin photosensitive.

An excellent herbal creme is: Camocare C-Spot - it does work! It's pricey but worth it & a teeny tiny tab does the trick - everynight after cleansing. You'll see results after 3wks.

Covering up these triangles (they're so bad - my brother thought that i was being abused!) - is always my major issue. Because i'm darker-skinned than most, yellow concealers are too light & don't fix the purple-blue colour.

i've found Lise Watier Correctors work well (too bad there are too many colours in that palette) - & blending blending blending. i dab a wee bit of orange beige on the darkest bit of my triangle & use golden beige to cover up the whole thing. Alas, it takes a lot of time/care, but i look a whole lot better than w/out it.

About bags - i usually don't have bags - except when:
1) i eat late at night
2) i add a little bit too much salt in my food
3) i use a cleanser to remove my eye-makeup that isn't effective - ie. leaves a residue/causes such a slight reaction that i wouldn't know if it weren't for the bags
4) i use too-rich moisturizer too close to my eyes

Hope this helps - and good luck.

front row

Does anyone know how to get rid of under-eye darkness? I really hate that I have to use foundation to cover mine up every day. Whatever amount of sleep that I get, whether it be 12 hours or five hours, doesn't seem to affect this phenomenon. Help please!!

06-07-2004
offline.

It's probably hereditary.

Try getting a more yellow-toned concealer.... yellow counteracts the purple...

06-07-2004
trendsetter

Yeah, it must be hereditary. I would use a yellow based concealer. Bobbi Brown makes a good one it's a concealer/loose powder combo. I have been using it for quite a while. Also if your circles just appeared out of the blue, go and see your doctor there may be another couse to it. Good Luck

06-07-2004
V.I.P.

Honestly, I don't believe that there are any creams which can solve the problem, but that doesnt mean I'm not willing to test things out

Right now I'm using Prada Lightening Eye Serum (which has got pretty good reviews on MUA) and later on I'll give Chanel's Eye Tonic a go.

In the meantime, it's all about concealing them. The best under eye concealer I have used is YSL Anti-Cernes (the shade selection is a bit limited, only 3 shades but #2 is a perfect match for me) and I'll apply La Prairie's Eye Luminescent Veil first which acts like a brightener/primer and just gives it that little extra something.

hth!

07-07-2004
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Quote:
Originally posted by PradaP@Jul 7th, 2004 - 10:10 am
The best under eye concealer I have used is YSL Anti-Cernes
I actually bought this on your recommendation - and it's great! I'm the lightest colour, it matches my skin perfectly

offline.

Quote:
Originally posted by Belowen+Jul 7th, 2004 - 8:34 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Belowen @ Jul 7th, 2004 - 8:34 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-PradaP@Jul 7th, 2004 - 10:10 am
I actually bought this on your recommendation - and it's great! I'm the lightest colour, it matches my skin perfectly [/b][/quote]
Hm... Maybe I should give this a try.

07-07-2004
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Quote:
Originally posted by luna+Jul 8th, 2004 - 10:23 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (luna @ Jul 8th, 2004 - 10:23 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Belowen@Jul 7th, 2004 - 8:34 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-PradaP
Quote:
@Jul 7th, 2004 - 10:10 am

I actually bought this on your recommendation - and it's great! I'm the lightest colour, it matches my skin perfectly
Hm... Maybe I should give this a try. [/b][/quote]
Also try YSL Touche Eclat if you get the chance

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Belowen@Jul 7th, 2004 - 9:34 pm
I'm glad you're happy with it

Sorry to stray a little but did you see any of the new Tinted Lip Balms at the counter? I was told they wernt going to be here until August then I saw them in this months Vogue.. so i'm a little confused

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, circles, dark, eye, suggestions, treatments