How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-11-2005
trendsetter

Dead sea minerals
Is bathing in the dead sea or red sea really beneficial to your health?? Does anyone see improvments after swimming in it? I hear its because of the salt content, but how is it any differnet than swimming in the tropical caribbean ocean waters?? Or the ocean off florida....

Also, there are a bevy of product lines feature "dead sea minerals"....including one called "Minerals of the Dead Sea", it sells bath salts, moisturizing cream, night cream, and even cellulite cream (which Ive had good results).....

Last edited by DP_woman; 20-11-2005 at 07:50 PM.

21-11-2005
backstage pass

Well i haven't tried any products containing Dead Sea minerals, so i don't know about that..
Concerning the sea itself, once (on a school trip when i was around 14/15) i went bathing in the Dead Sea, and the salt in the water was soo much, that it made me sting and burn everywhere. I stayed for as long as it took to take a picture of us all floating around (because the salt makes you float obviously) and then got out fast! It was much saltier than any other ocean i have ever bathed in for sure! The others in my class didn't seem to mind though, so maybe it's because my skin was more sensitive.
But yes, i have also heard about the beneficial effects of the Dead sea, and of the clay there, and of sea minerals in general.

trendsetter

I did not know the salt content makes our bodies float. Thank you for sharing your experience. Anyone else swim in it??

22-11-2005
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

The Dead Sea is actually 10 times more salty than the Mediterranean (spelling, sorry), and 3 times more than the Great Salt Lake (in Utah)... just a fun fact...

I read that by the end of the century, the lake could actually be more like a pond. It's going away.

23-11-2005
backstage pass

when i was in japan i went to the bath houses and many of them contained sea salts which dramatically helped my then horrible skin. (we're talking worst skin of my life)

so i'd say they help a lot.

26-11-2005
trendsetter

Interesting, thank you, the both of you!

26-11-2005
V.I.P.

it has healing effects so it's certainly good for your skin. a friend of mine had neurodermatitis and it really helped her.
there are also facial masks that contain dead sea minerals and mud. i use them once or twice a week and they make my partly oily skin look a lot better.

Last edited by satin chic; 26-11-2005 at 07:04 AM.
14-01-2006
rising star

I live an hour away from the dead sea and each time I go there I come back with mud that I stick in a plastic water bottle, so much cheaper than the ones they sell, lol... Anyway, it makes your skin silky soft, its wonderful!! I recommennd it.

fashion insider

Any more news?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dead, minerals, sea