How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-06-2007
& b

For the airflash you definitely need a latex sponge.

Yes the L.E. stuff Dior has been launching lately is soo weak and lame, and honestly, the colors are not so pretty. Last thing launched when I was working with them was the heart charm, and we get these items for free, I still refused to have it, its cheap looking versus the high price.

Probably the gourmette bracelet was the BEST thing they've ever made, that and the Princess ring, which sprayed black and I wear sometimes

06-06-2007
backstage pass

I agree with you. I LOVE my gourmette, lol.

07-06-2007
front row

Yesterday I was given a touch up at the dior counter and they tried on the new mascara backstage or something like that, I think its pretty average, didnt make my lashes go wow...it felt like a regular mascara, oh well something less to spend on.

21-06-2007
trendsetter

My local art museum has a Dior exhibit going on right now and it got me thinking of the history of all of it and did you know Christian Dior was alive and launched his cosmetic line himself? I'd always assumed it was newer and and just licensed or whatever. So anyway, here is my question, does anyone know what the original cosmetics were and if the colors are still made today? I'd love to have a piece of that history. Obviously I don't mean "the" original lipstick or whatever, that would be kinda disgusting honestly, but just what colors or products and where to find them? I did a google search and found nothing. And if you were wondering "Miss Dior" was his first fragrance. I think it said he created it for his niece? I can't remember. Something like that... Thanks if you can help me solve this mystery of the historical cosmetics.

trendsetter

is dior show mascara all it is cracked up to be before I decide to go and splurge on it?

tfs star

^I personally think the diorshow black out is great! It adds length and volume and is really black!

03-07-2007
V.I.P.

I hope they'll reissue the Gourmette... I missed out when it came out *curses*

And the last few Star Products were crap.... I mean, that metal envelope and that Dior Flight thingie were horrible... cute, yes, but not as functional as the other things they released. Are they on a tight budget???

07-07-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelbehavior228 View Post
is dior show mascara all it is cracked up to be before I decide to go and splurge on it?

Yes, but the tube dries up really fast.

08-07-2007
trendsetter

I went to a Dior makeup event and I would recommend the Dior Bronze sunshine Blush in 002 (if your skin is a medium tone) or 001 (if you're very fair) because works really well. A little goes a long way and the blush not only looks good, but it feels great too.

10-07-2007
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelbehavior228 View Post

Diorshow is by far the best mascara!

Go for it!!

On the other hand i don't like unlimited.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaCouture View Post
^I personally think the diorshow black out is great! It adds length and volume and is really black!
I second that! It's one of the best I've tried so far and it doesn't clump at all no matter how many times u reapply!

I love Dior eyeshadows too.. especially the 5 Quad.. the colors r well chosen and blend nicely

& b

the blackout has its episodes with me sometimes.

I love it somedays, then some days I want to throw it out the window

& b

an insider tip to revive your Diorshow mascara, add a drop of warm mineral oil to the tub, and pump it in.

that will give you another two weeks of use.

trendsetter

Do dior foundations come light enough for pale people? I need a pale/light yellow/neutral toned foundation and it is so hard to find a yellow/neutral tone pale enough for me. Usually the pale ones are pink toned and that makes me look like a ham

backstage pass

I use Diorskin Pure Light in the palest shade, 100 Ivory. It's not my exact colour, because it's a little darker than my skin tone, but I see it more yellowish than pinkish. At least that's the effect it has for me.

By the way, I love how that foundation looks and how healthy and glowy makes my skin look.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dior, makeup