How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-07-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejandro View Post
an insider tip to revive your Diorshow mascara, add a drop of warm mineral oil to the tub, and pump it in.

that will give you another two weeks of use.
eww, it's bad to add stuff to mascara. *bacteria*

14-07-2007
& b

yeah I know

as for Dior foundations, they are very very yellow undertoned. they call it "golden, or glowing colours"

even if you go on youtube and look at Diorshow backstage shows, the girls get foundations on their skin that doesn't match them at all.

but! Dior used to carry a Diorskin foundation in 102 which is the pink undertoned version of 100. I had one and gave it to my fellow friend, she's a white girl and the 102 suits her perfectly.

Eclat Satin and Sculpt has a bit more of a pink undertone, more than all other Dior foundations, but one is meant for dry dry skin and the other for mature skin. So venture yourself to try a 100 from those two and see if the color and texture works for you.

& b

and talking about foundations, Icone was probaby the worst foundation launched.

I never had a satisfied customer when I used this on them, after they get rid of Ultra-mat foundations.

trendsetter

Quote:

I never had a satisfied customer when I used this on them, after they get rid of Ultra-mat foundations.
persoanlly, I LOVE ultra matte foundations for my uber oily skin. I usually end up looking dewy by afternoon with them anyway. So, does dior not have any ultra matte ones anymore? I love the makeup-y look of ultra matte, too. Sorry, but I love the look of a nice, even layer of makeup, even if it is a little noticeable.

trendsetter

Quote:
yeah I know

as for Dior foundations, they are very very yellow undertoned. they call it "golden, or glowing colours"

even if you go on youtube and look at Diorshow backstage shows, the girls get foundations on their skin that doesn't match them at all.

but! Dior used to carry a Diorskin foundation in 102 which is the pink undertoned version of 100. I had one and gave it to my fellow friend, she's a white girl and the 102 suits her perfectly.

Eclat Satin and Sculpt has a bit more of a pink undertone, more than all other Dior foundations, but one is meant for dry dry skin and the other for mature skin. So venture yourself to try a 100 from those two and see if the color and texture works for you.
are they so yellow that they will look orange? I need a more yellow/neutral tone. Not quite neutral, but still not too yellow. More of a beigy golden tone is what I need.

& b

well not that yellow, lets just say that its a bit noticeable but not like if you had hepatitis or something.

Dior doesn't have ultra matte anymore in fluid, they still carry it in compact, but im not sure if i still love it as much as the liquid. Its too dry to the touch and it leaves residues or track marks, i dont know how to explain it.

trendsetter

^do you blend it fast enough? I know that is a problem with ultra mattes, drying time that is.

& b

its powder. it doesnt give you time to put it on without streaking or looking shitty.

front row

i cant believe this thread hasnt got another reply for two years!!

i need help finding a very dark shade of the lipstick - Dior Rouge a Levres. you know, with the iconic hexagonal blue tube?

is the dior rouge collection discontinued? if so, when? i remember there would always be a tube on my mom's dresser in the 90s. i still some available on ebay

dark shades - like black reds, deep wines, noir colors, much like the new noir trio from chanel. purples work too!

pic source - beautyencounter.com

03-10-2009
THE STRANGER

I love Dior polishes. They have amazing base/top coats.

18-10-2009
THE STRANGER

I want the smokey jazz palette! Has anybody else tried it?

temptalia

18-10-2009
backstage pass

I have Diorshow mascara, eye-liner and make up remover. I love them! I also ordered few lip glosses. Can't wait for Christmas!

19-10-2009
backstage pass

I don't use many Dior products but I love their mascara.

Diorshow Mascara is the best mascara I've ever used in my life.

Before I used them two years ago, my favorites were Urban Decay's Big Fatty and Maybelline's Great Lash. Diorshow kicked those two out of the ballpark.

27-10-2009
front row

I love the jazz palettes too, suits to winter style really..... I like the lip plump gloss and shiny lipstick range. Beautiful.

01-11-2009
backstage pass

did anyone buy the pretty crystal pendant with lipgloss already? The pendant is beautiful, but both gloss colors are kinda meh...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dior, makeup