How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-11-2009
THE STRANGER

^Agreed! I find their pendant-design very unhygienic so I wouldn't consider buying even if they were pretty shades!

02-11-2009
backstage pass

Unhygienic???What do you mean?

02-11-2009
backstage pass

you have to dip your finger into it, leaving all kinds of dirt/bacteria. you could also use a brush, but I don't think people will clean the brush after each use. however the pendant itself is pretty ^^

02-11-2009
backstage pass

But every other Dior Special Item is like that.Do you remember-The Lady Dior Mini bag from the spring look 2009,the Dior Cristal Shine special Item(but it has got a brush) from the summer look 2009 and many others...And i don`t find that unhygienic!!!You will wash your hands every time before using it and you will use a brush!!!That`s the decision!And as i understood you only find the testers unhygienic?!?Aren`t you?Because every woman is dipping her finger into it...

02-11-2009
little soul

^Correct, most makeup testers are pretty unhygenic so use those at your own risk. If it's your own product & you wash your hands & use a clean brush it's less of a problem - but it's a personal choice

THE STRANGER

^Yeah! Some people are okay with dipping their fingers in, but I'm a huge, huge germaphobe... When it comes to skincare products in a jar, I never use my fingers or the spatula they give you. I insist on using a brand new cotton bud every single time...

02-11-2009
backstage pass

I don't care that much about my own germs (would never use a tester on my mouth though) what I don't like about the pendants are the gloss' colors, they are so unspectacular... I could mix something like that with some MAC pigments+glitter+clear gloss... so I wished the product inside would match the packaging outside, then it would actually be worth the money, KWIM?

02-11-2009
backstage pass

I've been meaning to ask this question for a while:

How worth it is their Diorshow Mascara?

I've heard it get rave reviews in magazines (Gisele said it makes lashed be "butterflies") and some posts. Some magazines say it's the perfect all-in-one mascara, so I want to make sure it does not look too unnatural-like something so obviously from a fashion magazine... good for parties, not for everyday
But makeupalley.com gives it in the 3s (Mom had it but she never used it and she lost it, so now it's way past the expiration date, though I'm sure if she did find it she's use it )
Also, is their waterproof any different from regular? Some mascaras' waterproof versions are apparently drying for lashes, but I yawn a lot in the morning, so I'd rather not have mascara lines down my face, :p
I want it to be my first official and nice Makeup product

02-11-2009
THE STRANGER

^Not worth it! It's a bit thick and clumpy. I got a medium-sized version of the mascara and threw it out pretty fast...

The Diorshow Iconic seems pretty good though. I do want to give it a try!

03-11-2009
backstage pass

I like the waterproof Diorshow, currently using my second tube. I wouldn't buy it for full price however (got it at the duty free section), in my experience cheap drugstore mascara (waterproof of course) is not that much worse. Diorshow adds a bit more Volume than my 5€ Yves Rocher, but Yves Rocher holds the curl for more hours... I'll try Blackout waterproof next, however I think if you have decent lashes drugstore mascara will do (great lash, L'oreal volume express)

04-11-2009
THE STRANGER

^Yay for duty free! I always buy a sh*tload of Dior and Chanel crap at Hong Kong airport

04-11-2009
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambidextrous View Post
I like the waterproof Diorshow, currently using my second tube. I wouldn't buy it for full price however (got it at the duty free section), in my experience cheap drugstore mascara (waterproof of course) is not that much worse. Diorshow adds a bit more Volume than my 5€ Yves Rocher, but Yves Rocher holds the curl for more hours... I'll try Blackout waterproof next, however I think if you have decent lashes drugstore mascara will do (great lash, L'oreal volume express)
I think that the waterproof Maybelline mascaras are pretty good (Great Lash sucks so hard though). Almost as good as Helena Rubinstein mascaras...Dior doesn't work out for me for some reason. If only I travelled more...

we were in love

04-11-2009
backstage pass

Diorshow Blackout is the best mascara I have ever EVER used. I buy all of them, ysl, lancome, prescriptives, givenchy, as well as cheaper brands like No 7, Max Factor, all those, and Diorshow wins hands down.

04-11-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindbear View Post
Diorshow Blackout is the best mascara I have ever EVER used. I buy all of them, ysl, lancome, prescriptives, givenchy, as well as cheaper brands like No 7, Max Factor, all those, and Diorshow wins hands down.
good to know! makes it a bit easier to fork up the bucks, still exp at duty free, but as long as it makes gorgeous lashes... I won't be travelling soon though, so better for my wallet

26-12-2009
oh! darling

I've tried 3 brands of Dior's mascaras. Even though the brush is little, the Diorshow Iconic is the best. Black Out seems to clump and not separate my lashes as well. The Backstage Make-up tube is also not as good.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dior, makeup