How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-01-2010
backstage pass

I'm on my second tube of waterproof Diorshow mascara and so far it's the best that I've tried. I have sparse lashes and and Diorshow visibly thickens them. The downside: I sometimes end up with raccoon eyes so I usually wipe the brush on a piece of tissue before applying.

06-01-2010
backstage pass

Speaking of Dior, can anyone suggest what's the best 5-colour eyeshadow palette to buy? I've read several times that it's Beige Massai but the shades don't appeal to me.

02-02-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipity8777 View Post
Speaking of Dior, can anyone suggest what's the best 5-colour eyeshadow palette to buy? I've read several times that it's Beige Massai but the shades don't appeal to me.
I use #250 Seascape. I have blue eyes and this colors are made for blue eyes....there are very beautiful light-green colour and grey - they are my favourite from this palette.

And if to speak about Dior makeup itself - i like Dior Skin Compact Powder and Dior Addict lipgloss.....any color and collection and Dior Addict lipstic - my favour after Guerlain kiss kiss.

02-02-2010
backstage pass

Diorshow Iconic is the best mascara I ever tried.

I have a question: Is the Diorskin Nude Foundation really good? Many people said it. Do they have many colours?

backstage pass

^ I would like to know that too.

03-02-2010
backstage pass

It's a wonderful foundation but it's far too dark for me, even in the lightest shade. It's such a shame because the coverage and finish is really radiant and moist. Boo!

03-02-2010
backstage pass

Oooh, what a pity! I think I'll never find a foundation that would be perfect for me.
Thanks for the info, Mindbear.

backstage pass

Nor me. I just spent fifty quid on a prescriptives custom blend and it's a nice color, but it makes my skin look old and awful.

However, I have been told that YSL are going to be bringing out some paler shades, which gives me some hope!

08-03-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Me View Post
I have a question: Is the Diorskin Nude Foundation really good? Many people said it. Do they have many colours?
I tried it on and it looks great, the lightest shade, 010, is perfect for my skin, but I think I have yellow undertone... Well, at least the rest of my body has, don't know about my face.
Now I wonder, is it oil-free? Because I have oily skin, and I would looove to buy this foundation, but only if it is oil-free.
The girl from the store who applied it on me said it was oil-free, and a few weeks later, when I decided to buy it, another girl there said it wasn't oil-free

13-03-2010
backstage pass

I love diorshow mascara. My favorite is the Blackout waterproof mascara. They make my eyelashes look awesome and lasts a long time.

I've been buying it for a long time.

I've tried other mascaras but none can compare to Diorshow.

14-04-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anutka View Post
I use #250 Seascape. I have blue eyes and this colors are made for blue eyes....there are very beautiful light-green colour and grey - they are my favourite from this palette.
And if to speak about Dior makeup itself - i like Dior Skin Compact Powder and Dior Addict lipgloss.....any color and collection and Dior Addict lipstic - my favour after Guerlain kiss kiss.
Thanks for the idea. Will have to save up for one.

28-04-2010
V.I.P.

I used Diorskin Nude in 010, it's good and moisturizes well, but my face quickly started to be oily and shiny in the T-zone; and it blocked my pores, so it is not for me. So I wouldn't reccomend it for you, FleurDeLys. Now I use Dior HydrAction tinted moisturizer- it's perfect, light, and moisturizing without making the skin so oily.

29-04-2010
trendsetter

Thank you for telling me BibiRose. And the search for a good, pale foundation can start all over
But I actually tried it on once, all over my face, to see it would make my t-zone oily or break me out and it stayed put all day and my face wasn't oily yet when I returned from work (I'm still a student but I work in a restaurant in the weekends). Which is quite strange since I have a very oily t-zone. But I did use Clinique's pore minimizer as a base... Well, I guess I'll only know it for sure when I try it for 3 or 4 days. I'm sure the girl from the store already recognizes me
But I surely check out that tinted moisterizer you suggested. TY

30-04-2010
backstage pass

I bought the new Hydra Life Pro Youth Skin Tint in No.2 and I cannot say enough good things about it! The colour is perfect and I love the coverage and smell. The ingredients are really good too and the packaging is lovely.

It's a little bit shiny but nothing a little bit of powder on your nose doesn't fix. I prefer it to Laura Mercier's.

sephora.com

13-05-2010
backstage pass

I really want to try Diorskin Poudre Shimmer, a ultra shimmering all over face powder, but how is the shimmer? Does it look natural and not.. like.. sparkly?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dior, makeup