How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-03-2006
Storm & Sommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuirkyCool
MAC lustre lipstick in "Entwined"...ok,so it wasn't strictly discontinued because it was limited edition,but it is so perfect for me (a soft,honeyed pinky-nude),why didn't I buy 2? And what will I do when this one is finished? It's perfect for day,night,everywhere...
There was a MAC Lustre lipstick in "Entwined" that ended on e bay 12th of March winning bid $8.49 ..so if you keep your eyes on e bay you might be able to get it there I personally like MAC's Lustre lipstick in syrup..isn't that similar (I know..I know.."similar" wont do when you've had perfection..)

21-03-2006
tfs star

Thank you ta-ta and Hanne ...woohoo,I may not have to do without then!! I'm afraid I'm out of karma for 24 hours or something,but advice appreciated .

21-03-2006
front row

i discoverd (in the back of my cupboard) a bottle of powder from Innoxa called 'angel dust' and its my new HG. its a pinky-gold shimmer that i use on my eyes and it just goes on beautifully. ive had it for so long (and forgotten about it) that Innoxa doesnt make it any more, and i dont know where im going to get something similar!

21-03-2006
I don't know

I was so sad when I couldn't use my Clinique Double Mascara anymore, it came in a xmas edition and I haven't seen it in stores around here

that is the best mascara I have ever used

21-03-2006
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Revlon had this lip stuff in the color "Blast"...color on one side, gloss on the other... fantastic nude shade. I find one on Ebay every once in a while..

22-03-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofialuv
I have a mac lipglass in orange, called succulent, that you should love
as i said, succulent was discontinued...that makes me sad...but i'm sure that we can go to Prescriptives and they can make something very close to the products that we miss!

22-03-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyslittlegrl8
I rarely use avon products but they had a lip gloss called sheer nourishment shimmering lip gloss.......best cheap lip gloss ever. It had tiny sparkles in it (i normally hate sparkles as most companies are heavy handed with the sparkles) and it really did make your lips look like they were shimmering. It also was a great moisturizer.

dlg
apparently, a woman i know who manages a cosmetics counter at Holt Renfrew says that Avon has some of the most high-quality makeup and skin care, and the reason that they can sell it so cheap is because it is mass-produced...so maybe i should start buying avon!!

29-03-2006
offline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie_bubble
There was this powder foundation stick that L'Oreal did a few yrs ago - it was like a silver tube and it was such a good foundation considering it's budget! I used to have to go to Duane Reade in NYC to get it when they discontinued it in the UK. Now, I don't even think L'Oreal in the US has it anymore....

I think you're talking about Quick stick! I loved that product from Loreal...

I HATE it when things get discontinued... it's like.. you just find things that are great for you and now it's gone!

Recently I've been trying to find these: Too Faced Kiss Stick in French Kiss, Too Faced Lipstick in You're no Lady, Cargo Lip Gloss Duo in Flin Flon LOVED THIS... but NO MORE!

29-03-2006
|/mirror queen\|

That foundation sometimes is sold on cheap cosmetics sites (which i love!) and where you can find a LOT of discontinued products too!

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipgloss&Cigs
apparently, a woman i know who manages a cosmetics counter at Holt Renfrew says that Avon has some of the most high-quality makeup and skin care, and the reason that they can sell it so cheap is because it is mass-produced...
That's very interesting. I've come to find that I really like some of Avon's products... their brow liner and tinted moisturizer, to name a couple... thanks for the tidbit.

I'm not too loyal to any one color or product... so fortunately, I rarely run into that discontinued roadblock.

01-04-2006
windowshopping

I liked 17 fatlash mascara in brownblack. It wasn't the greatest mascara out there but it was about half the price of it's equals and a lot better than some more expensive brands. It has changed from one water-proof, thickening and lengthening mascara to four different types and you have can only choose one of the above.
Luckily I have one and a half packets left because I bought a new one on impulse. Haven't seen it since then.

01-04-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipgloss&Cigs
apparently, a woman i know who manages a cosmetics counter at Holt Renfrew says that Avon has some of the most high-quality makeup and skin care, and the reason that they can sell it so cheap is because it is mass-produced...so maybe i should start buying avon!!
I'm an Avon addict because I like the quality of the makeup. The best mascara I have ever used is their Daring Definition because it lasts as long as I want it to. I have slept in it and it's been on the next morning.

Anywhoo back to the topic...my favourite discontinued product is Avon Sun Shades lip gloss. I have a shade called Vegas Shimmer which is the best ever. There's also a perfume called Wink which I got right as it was being discontinued and it's really good.

02-04-2006
tfs star

Does Avon still sell Millenia?

02-04-2006
front row

thought of another one-
elizabeth arden cheek lustre! the most natural colour in a creamy consistency thats really easy to apply and blend. i have a tube thats about 7 years old, but it still smells ok and looks great so i figure its ok to use.

02-04-2006
front row

MAC eye shadow in Night Owl. It's this perfect dark navy with a bit of shimmer and I use it for eyeliner. I dread having to find a replacement!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
adore, discontinued, products