How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-03-2006
scenester

Discontinued Products that we adore!
i threw a fit when nars discontinued Lolita lipgloss, and then even angrier when mac stopped its partner in crime, succulent lipglass!! why!!! does anyone else find that the best colours are always stopped??

07-03-2006
Power to the 99%

Yup, my favorite nail color, MAC Venus, was discontinued. I get compliments on it all the time ... even from the people at the MAC counter But I get it on eBay. I'll be very sad when I can't get it there anymore ...

07-03-2006
tfs star

in my part of the world.. the erno lazlo 2 part hydrating mask where you mixed the powder with the serum.. best selling product! any erno lazlo is no longer available here though..

08-03-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky*
in my part of the world.. the erno lazlo 2 part hydrating mask where you mixed the powder with the serum.. best selling product! any erno lazlo is no longer available here though..
where do you live? i know that the holt renfrew in vancouver, bc still has erno...

08-03-2006
fashion icon

I rarely use avon products but they had a lip gloss called sheer nourishment shimmering lip gloss.......best cheap lip gloss ever. It had tiny sparkles in it (i normally hate sparkles as most companies are heavy handed with the sparkles) and it really did make your lips look like they were shimmering. It also was a great moisturizer.

dlg

08-03-2006
tfs star

lipgloss&cigs - thats great news!! from what i understood it was that EL wasnt covering costs and had to sell themselves to another company.. at first they pulled out of a lot of places and some retailers didn't bother to get relicensed with them.. hopefully i can find the mask! thx soo much for the tip!!

09-03-2006
backstage pass

Maybelline diamonds lipgloss in bright orange.. Oh how I miss you... I don't know why, but I'm a sucker for orange makeup.

My fave models: Gemma, Sasha, Stammy, Trentini, Vlada <3
10-03-2006
tfs star

i can never get l'occitane lotus flower perfume anymore

10-03-2006
|/mirror queen\|

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboardboxed
Maybelline diamonds lipgloss in bright orange.. Oh how I miss you... I don't know why, but I'm a sucker for orange makeup.
I have a mac lipglass in orange, called succulent, that you should love

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofialuv
I have a mac lipglass in orange, called succulent, that you should love
I don't like lipglasses, I think they're waaaaay too thick and sticky. Which is a pity, because they really do have some nice colors.

My fave models: Gemma, Sasha, Stammy, Trentini, Vlada <3
19-03-2006
tfs star

MAC lustre lipstick in "Entwined"...ok,so it wasn't strictly discontinued because it was limited edition,but it is so perfect for me (a soft,honeyed pinky-nude),why didn't I buy 2? And what will I do when this one is finished? It's perfect for day,night,everywhere...

19-03-2006
rising star

MAC lipstick in Fine n Dandy, was LE as part of the D'bohemia range

Clarins Turquoise flash eye shimmer pencil - again, only LE but so beautiful

19-03-2006
boop

MAC Mineralized Skinfinishes. The.Perfect.Glow.

Though rumor has it they're bringing them back this summer. MAC always gets me with the limited edition stuff. Always.

19-03-2006
V.I.P.

There was this powder foundation stick that L'Oreal did a few yrs ago - it was like a silver tube and it was such a good foundation considering it's budget! I used to have to go to Duane Reade in NYC to get it when they discontinued it in the UK. Now, I don't even think L'Oreal in the US has it anymore....

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
20-03-2006
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuirkyCool
MAC lustre lipstick in "Entwined"...ok,so it wasn't strictly discontinued because it was limited edition,but it is so perfect for me (a soft,honeyed pinky-nude),why didn't I buy 2? And what will I do when this one is finished? It's perfect for day,night,everywhere...
Quirky, there's a couple places that do custom lipcolor & can match it for you ... Prescriptives does this in limited locations, Three Custom Lip Colors (I think) is another ... and some magazine, maybe Allure, sent someone to several different places to custom match a favorite lipstick with no label, and they showed the results ... I want to say Prescriptives was the best ... I think this was within the past 6 months.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
adore, discontinued, products