Do you ever wake up with different eyelids? - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-09-2005
V.I.P.

I have Chinese eyes so waking up with an extra eyelid is a bit of a bonus. It usually happens when I pull all-night study session and wake up having dozed off on top of my laptop. I kind of rub my eyes a lot anyway and sometimes that creates an eyelid as well. Weird....but hey I'm not complaining!

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
10-09-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookymonster
Yeah, that happens to me when my eyes are dried out. Sometimes I wake up with no eyelids on both eyes, one huge one and one little one, two huge ones, or four lids on both eyes. Lol.

When I cry, i wake up with big, beautiful eyelids...

When I was younger, I would sometime wake up with a missing eyelid..... but it's been years since it last happened.....

10-09-2005
V.I.P.

This is a very baffling thread. I am getting the feeling that one must get having gone to the wrong room for an AA discussion and landing up in an alien abduction meeting instead.

10-09-2005
windowshopping

I get those all the time, especially when I don't get enough sleep. It makes my face look unproportional because one eye looks bigger than the other. Sometimes rubbing them works. Sometimes when I roll my eyes, it goes away, but only until I blink.

11-09-2005
backstage pass

When I cry really hard the night before, I wake up with such painful, puffy eyelids that seem to swallow up my eyes!!! I put refridgerated spoons on them...I dunno if it works or not...it's just soothing, lol. That's why I always try not to cry too hard....haha!

14-09-2005
trendsetter

When I wake up with puffy eyes (from forced air heat-winter) I use tea bags on them, It's a miracle-try it. I have never heard anyone having diffrent eyelids in the morning, mine are always even.

Last edited by Kora; 14-09-2005 at 02:02 PM.
03-10-2005
rising star

ohmygoodness, you gals get this too?? none of my friends get it except for asians. i think its because we have heavy eyelid folds or something along those lines... i wake up with triple, even quadruple eyelids probably twice a month, and it's so annoying. it feels like a brick is weighing on them. sometimes it goes away after the shower, but if it doesnt go away by then, i use my fingers to find the correct crease, and then i squint my eyelids for a few minutes, and it stays! this has worked everytime. i know. weird.

04-10-2005
Adorable illusion

^ I can understand

Well when my eyelids are quite puffy from crying or they just happen to be weird looking in the morning, it usually goes back down after a bit of eye gel gently dabbed around my eye area. Or I heard a cold teaspoon over your eye can make it go down. I just splash water on my face and it does the trick most of the time.

05-10-2005
V.I.P.

This sounds dangerous-but so many make up artist I know say to use carmex, the stuff you use for chapped lips, on the eyelids, they do this for models who are up early and have puffy eyes.
Not that much, just a little.
If I don't get enough sleep it does get weird. I think the deeper set your eye lids aer the more obvious...or if you don't have eyelids, oy!

06-10-2005
rising star

My sister gets it a lot, and it's funny to see her with such drastic assymmetrical eyelids. She calls it a "puffy face".... It is water retention she says... and gets worse when she eats salty foods right before she sleeps.

As the morning passes, after a shower, some movement, and maybe some coffee, it goes away.

(and yes, we're asian; and I wonder if it looks more obvious on "asian" eyes?)

Last edited by thewannabe; 06-10-2005 at 11:59 AM.
05-01-2006
trendsetter

happens to me if i cried a lot before i went to zzz, it can last for half a day....

05-01-2006
fashion icon

This is a funny thread . I get this too if I haven't had enough sleep or, like a lot of others in here, after crying . It looks sooooo horrible the next day, all puffy and crap . But when I ask other people if they can tell, they say that they didn't notice..... Liars .

More Old Skool Than You

I thought this was like when Rocky cut his eyelids to fight... interesting. I've always wondered what cucumbers do for your eyes. Can anyone enlighten me?

fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourboltmain
I thought this was like when Rocky cut his eyelids to fight... interesting. I've always wondered what cucumbers do for your eyes. Can anyone enlighten me?

Good one!! Well, my guess is that because cucumbers well, should be (kept) cold, they would reduce the puffiness of eyes. Correct me if I'm wrong, anybody .

V.I.P.

Yes, this happens to me. My eyes do change after a rough night or whatever. One night I cried until 6 in the morning and my close girlfriends could tell IMMEDIATELY when I woke up the next day because of my eyelids.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
eyelids, wake