Does anyone else think crooked (not perfect) teeth are cute? - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-08-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowandflutter
This is interesting because I love crooked teeth when i see them on other people - Kate Moss, Audrey Hepburn,Kirsten Dunst-it actually draws me to them - but mine just make me so self-conscious, particularly when i meet new people. Basically i have a tiny face, a small mouth and my front teeth protrude a little. When I smile, I feel like they take over my whole face. My mouth has been likened to Julia Roberts so you get the picture. I am fanatical about keeping them healthy though so atleast I can say they are lovely and white. I am considering having them fixed but not sure because of the $ and I feel like I'm too old to wear braces...what are your thoughts?
I had braces when I was 21! Had them on for about a year. You may regret not getting them in the future because besides the asthetic factor, crowded teeth can cause other dental issues. Don't worry about the age thing. Lots of people have braces later in life becuase their teeth may have moved or they could not afford to get them as a child/teen.

08-08-2006
V.I.P.

my bf is from the UK and he has one fang, it's SOOO hot. When he smirks. It's truly what made me fall in love.

08-08-2006
V.I.P.

I like generally nice teeth, but a little pointy and a little crooked looks adorable, especially on guys.

backstage pass

yes they are so cute ^^ as long as the gap is not too big

trendsetter

I used to feel like that too in the past wowandflutter .....but since about 2 years I'm not that self-conscious anymore, I don't really know why things changed though.
I only realized myself that for ex If there's a picture taken of me I just smile away with my teeth showing and I don't feel bad looking at the pic later and don't think that I'm looking awful because of my tooth. Things like that changed.....some years back I would only smile with my lips closed and for ex try to cover my mouth with my hand while laughing

My "teeth-imperfection" looks like Dita von Teeses...my tooth is only a wee bit more prominent.

To get an idea (I hope it's ok to post a pic )

Dita Von Teese, source: hollywoodsbest.net

09-08-2006
Bel
front row

They're cute if your teeth are super white to balance it out.

09-08-2006
rising star

I have one tooth that is slightly crooked- less than 1 mm- but it drives me completely insane. You can't even tell from far away but I always sit in front of the mirror and obsess over it. My other teeth were all straight so I didn't get braces, but I really wish I had some way to fix this tooth

10-09-2006
rising star

I totally agree!

but I don't like when they look too yellow or grey... I don't like "nuclear" white teeth but a natural white is important for me.

10-09-2006
V.I.P.

Love crooked teeth...

But only on perfect symmetrical faces like Kate Moss'

Which means most people cant get away with them!

11-09-2006
fashion elite

^ that crushes me.

11-09-2006
front row

I think a little gap betwen the two 'upper-middle theeth' is just too cute, hasn't Brigitte Bardot one?

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowandflutter
This is interesting because I love crooked teeth when i see them on other people - Kate Moss, Audrey Hepburn,Kirsten Dunst-it actually draws me to them - but mine just make me so self-conscious, particularly when i meet new people. Basically i have a tiny face, a small mouth and my front teeth protrude a little. When I smile, I feel like they take over my whole face. My mouth has been likened to Julia Roberts so you get the picture. I am fanatical about keeping them healthy though so atleast I can say they are lovely and white. I am considering having them fixed but not sure because of the $ and I feel like I'm too old to wear braces...what are your thoughts?
To make U feel better I'm 28.5 and I'm still wearing my braces. dont think of how u are, just think how beautiful your teeth will look in approx. 2 yrs. Good Luck.

16-09-2006
front row

This is probably the first time I've ever heard other people agree that crooked teeth can be beautiful!

My front teeth are slightly crooked with a small gap in the centre and I have always been a little self conscious about it. I've thought about getting braces and having perfectly straight, white teeth but my bf says that he finds my crooked teeth sexy! He says it adds character and why should everyone be perfect?

I agree with him and am slowly learning to not hide my teeth when I smile so much which is great. So maybe we should all embrace our quirky, unique features instead of always trying to look the same.

16-09-2006
fashion insider

i love it when people have flaws and they really dont mind , i find it very attractive but i find my flaws just plain ugly

fashion elite

I love imperfect smiles! It adds SO much more character!! My favorite smiles belong to Kate Moss and JP

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
crooked, cute, perfect, teeth