Does anyone else think crooked (not perfect) teeth are cute? - Page 5 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-12-2006
V.I.P.

Crooked teeth cute?
it's cute on a little kid but unattractive on adults.

05-12-2006
fashion insider

i do,, i think its very cute

front row

I think so!

101st monkey airborne

I was fine with my crooked teeth when I was in my twenties; it was quirky. But now I'm in my mid-thirties, and they make me feel haggardly: they're hard to keep clean and they were just getting gnarlier every year. Plus, my bite alignment was so off, it was giving me jaw pain. I'm wearing invisalign now to correct them.

I'm ashamed to note before this I never paid attention to the details of anyone's smile, but now I notice other's teeth much more. Not in a judgmental way, rather that I want to sell everybody on orthodontics these days.

Fixing my teeth has also helped with the way my mouth looks even when I'm not smilling. My lips look better, and so does the whole lower half of my face. I'm still far from modelesque perfection, though, but that's not really the aim. Not looking like a lamprey is good enough for me.

Last edited by mellowdrama; 05-12-2006 at 08:55 PM.
06-12-2006
ele
rising star

Above all i love a GAP between the two big front teeth - both sexes - if u have a gap DO NOT change it !

06-12-2006
#Resist

I agree, and I think most of Europe does too ... what I observed when lots of my friends were getting braces is that afterwards their teeth were so aligned that they became invisible ... having "perfect" teeth can make people look just more generic--not a good thing.

Ironically, mine are non-straight now because my wisdom teeth pushed them out of alignment in my late teens/early 20s after they had kind of straightened out on their own.

06-12-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieRL
LOVE IT! Love Kirsten Dunst's teeth they give her character.. i find an overly straight smile quite repulsive.. snaggle teeth are cute too (IMO)
couldn't agree more!!

07-12-2006
backstage pass

My teeth were overcrowded and horribly crooked as a result when I was younger. My canines and the teeth next to them were a lot higher in my mouth than all the others. I then had braces and since the guy wasn't a properly qualified orthodontist he misaligned my jaw to give me severe jaw pains and I ended up with a horsey, fanning-out teeth smile like Angelina Jolie. If one side wasn't so much higher than the other and I didn't have a misaligned jaw I probably wouldn't have changed anything, but if I didn't have braces again I would have been in a lot of pain and would need an operation later on in life.

Anyway, I think small imperfections look cute and imperfections on a person's face can mix together to make something beautiful. If the teeth are really bad, it can look horrible though. I saw a video with a Japanese girl in it. She had very crooked yellow teeth that went up and down and her two front teeth were a lot longer than the rest of her teeth. They overlapped the teeth next to them and slanted downwards towards the gap between them; almost making a point together. I simply cannot find teeth that bad to be cute, although the girl herself looked all sweet and innocent.

07-12-2006
fashion insider

Aw, this thread is such a comfort I have fangs and I've always been self-conscious about my teeth eventhough my mom and sister think they're cute...

Iva
front row

I have a small gap in the front of my teeth,but im going to the dentist tommorow to hopefully get it fixed.
I always cover my mouth when i laugh or smile.
:/

18-01-2007
V.I.P.

Slightly crook is ok.

There is something pefect in imperfection

18-01-2007
V.I.P.

Crooked teeth are ok. I personally detest the "LA look" of perfect, straight super white teeth. I do think some people tend to go a little bit overboard with the term "healthy teeth".

Even if a slight imperfection or a crook is ok, what I think is more important is that you take good care of your teeth. I hate it when people do not brush their teeth. I do not like if the teeth turn yellowish etc, but as I said, getting them as white as you can does not look good.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonieAlexandria
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiennaInLondon
Love crooked teeth...

But only on perfect symmetrical faces like Kate Moss'

Which means most people cant get away with them!
^ that crushes me.
Sorry Leonie! Didn't mean to do that but I have to stand by it. This totally depends on the person and the extent of imperfection. For example I like a gap or Lauren Hutton, but Vanessa Paradis looks like an ogre to me. Crooked teeth look fine on Kate, but Pete looks like he is a gutter rat because of them.

I do dislike white teeth though. Mine are yellow and though I'd like them a bit less yellow, I'm unlikely to do anything about them because I've seen people who have had whitened teeth and it is grotesque. It probably plays fine on camera... but in real life? No way.

20-01-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowandflutter
This is interesting because I love crooked teeth when i see them on other people - Kate Moss, Audrey Hepburn,Kirsten Dunst-it actually draws me to them - but mine just make me so self-conscious, particularly when i meet new people. Basically i have a tiny face, a small mouth and my front teeth protrude a little. When I smile, I feel like they take over my whole face. My mouth has been likened to Julia Roberts so you get the picture. I am fanatical about keeping them healthy though so atleast I can say they are lovely and white. I am considering having them fixed but not sure because of the $ and I feel like I'm too old to wear braces...what are your thoughts?
If you're a candidate for them, I'd highly recommend Invisalign. I used to have crooked teeth that drove me absolutely insane, and because my friends were having their braces removed at the same time I was beginning my treatment, I was so relieved to use Invisalign. They did a fantastic job; strangers come up to me and compliment my teeth (which is a bit odd, but appreciated nonetheless :p), and the process took a bit over a year, nothing more. I like my teeth because, while now perfectly straight, the orthodontist left little idiosyncrasies in the tooth shape itself, so my smile is comprised of uniform chicklets.

V.I.P.

i have a small gap in my teeth, that not too many people notice...
i don't mind it, but from the side, on one side, it's starting to separate more...now that i am hitting the 30's........

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
crooked, cute, perfect, teeth