How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-04-2008
it's a hard-knock life.

^ no, it's not.

21-04-2008
V.I.P.

I have all of those Balancing Infusions. I dont care for Aveda products generally, but these are OK. I dont use them on myself, but if I did I'd use the Sensitive. During facials, we used it during the massage and applied it to dry skin and then activated it with water....then, I forget. I hated Aveda's philosophy.

21-04-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzie stevens View Post
^ no, it's not.
Then do you think it would be ok to use both? Or is that oil overload?

21-04-2008
it's a hard-knock life.

^^ do you think the salicylic acid acne treatment one is bad for the skin, per say? it's always worked wonders for me.

21-04-2008
it's a hard-knock life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthmodesteph View Post
Then do you think it would be ok to use both? Or is that oil overload?
i use both. i user the dr. hauschka oil in the day, before moisturizing, and i use the aveda oil at night, before bed.

21-04-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetThemEatCake View Post
I have all of those Balancing Infusions. I dont care for Aveda products generally, but these are OK. I dont use them on myself, but if I did I'd use the Sensitive. During facials, we used it during the massage and applied it to dry skin and then activated it with water....then, I forget. I hated Aveda's philosophy.
It is not to be rude but you're always telling about which products you hate. Which one’s would you recommend or would you use on yourself? For example which day oil do you use? I know you have a extremely knowledge about skincare..

front row

^ Thanks! I will give it a try- I'm going to pick up some Dr. H products this week

21-04-2008
front row

Oh, 1 more thing izzie, is one able to wear the dr. h balancing oil under makeup?

21-04-2008
it's a hard-knock life.

^ i sure do hope so, because i do! i put on the oil, allow it to seep in, then moisturize with the day cream light, and once that seeps in, too, i put on my mac stuff.

21-04-2008
front row

ok great! I just noticed that when I use the aveda oil it takes a really long time for it to seep in. I tried using it under makeup but it almost looked like the makeup was trying to get away from the oil. Now I only use it at night or during the day w/out makeup. Thanks for all your advice izzie

21-04-2008
it's a hard-knock life.

^ no problem! i am glad to help!

21-04-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena. View Post
It is not to be rude but you're always telling about which products you hate. Which one’s would you recommend or would you use on yourself? For example which day oil do you use? I know you have a extremely knowledge about skincare..
I use mostly La Prairie, Natura Bisse, and some Clarins and ReVive and Biologique Recherche. I alternate day creams with Natura Bisse, La Prairie and a Biologique but always use Natura Bisse or La Prairie at night.

22-04-2008
windowshopping

Just wanted to say I'm a Dr. Hauschka convert!! I used to use Dermalogica, but found my skin wasnt responding so well to it any more, so I started using Hauschka in Jan this year - I can see a huge difference to my skin already. I don't get nearly as many break out and my skin is more balanced - less patchy and dry!! I found it hard at first to not wear moisturiser at night, but I'm used to it now - I just pat on a little of the toner and it's enough. I use the lavander steam bath and organic cotton cloth in the morning to hydrate my skin then use the rose light day cream - on the weekends I use the more heavy rose day cream if I'm not wearing make up etc - like I said, my skin has never been better and I can't recommend the range highly enough!!

Last edited by Fashsnapper; 22-04-2008 at 07:40 AM.
22-04-2008
front row

I finally decided to buy the Rejuvenating Mask and I even bought it on dr.hauschka.co.uk but I just received an email saying they don't ship outside the UK! I can't find it in Denmark, I've been to several stores, but they can't figure out what it's call in Danish - there is one called "lermaske", "vitalmaske" and a "rosenmaske" - don't think it's one of them, maybe the vital, I don't know! I'm still pissed that so few websites ship to international destinations

windowshopping

Hi Helena,

I buy mine from a fantastic German site that is much cheaper than any of the other ones I've seen - and they deliver internationally too!! Only difference is that when the items arrive the labels are all in German - but the products are the same and the website is in English so I know what I'm looking at!!

http://www.bella-donna.de

This site is fab for loads of other brands too - well worth a look!!

xx

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dr, hauschka, organic, skincare