How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-04-2008
trendsetter

Hello everyone
I need a piece of advice from you, please. I'm living in a big city and my skin is really reactive to the pollution. It's dry, easily reddens and pretty uncomfortable. So, after reading a few positive comments about the Dr. Hauschka range, I decided to try it.
Which product would you advise me ? I'm thinking about trying the cream rose first ...

25-04-2008
V.I.P.

Are their SPFs really as effective as non-natural sunscreens?

25-04-2008
Deep Red Bells

Quote:
Originally Posted by faifai View Post
Hello everyone
I need a piece of advice from you, please. I'm living in a big city and my skin is really reactive to the pollution. It's dry, easily reddens and pretty uncomfortable. So, after reading a few positive comments about the Dr. Hauschka range, I decided to try it.
Which product would you advise me ? I'm thinking about trying the cream rose first ...
Sounds like you could maybe benefit from a Rythmic Night Treatment.
They have two kinds.

26-04-2008
it's a hard-knock life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faifai View Post
Hello everyone
be sure to try the normalizing day oil to help with your dry skin, and the rose day cream light.

26-04-2008
trendsetter

Thank you very much for both of you
I'm going to follow your advise and I'll tell you the results.

Last edited by faifai; 26-04-2008 at 10:28 AM.
27-04-2008
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I'm in love with this brand

front row

I just started using the little test/sample kit. The cream cleanser and clarifying toner sure smell weird! I loooove the smell of the balancing oil though- yum! I've only used it for two days and I can notice that it really reduces the redness in my skin.

I have a question though- None of the products seem to have any instructions- how do I use the steam bath and clay mask? I gather that you're supposed to do the steam bath to prepare for the clay mask, but that's about all I figured out from their website. Can anyone help?

Also- any tips for using the oil- do they recommend putting it on a cotton pad and then on your face or just putting some drops in your palm and then use fingers?

27-04-2008
V.I.P.

Use your fingertips. Cotton will absorb it and wastes product.

27-04-2008
it's a hard-knock life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthmodesteph View Post
I just started using the little test/sample kit. The cream cleanser and clarifying toner sure smell weird! I loooove the smell of the balancing oil though- yum! I've only used it for two days and I can notice that it really reduces the redness in my skin.

I have a question though- None of the products seem to have any instructions- how do I use the steam bath and clay mask? I gather that you're supposed to do the steam bath to prepare for the clay mask, but that's about all I figured out from their website. Can anyone help?

Also- any tips for using the oil- do they recommend putting it on a cotton pad and then on your face or just putting some drops in your palm and then use fingers?
as for the oil, you are supposed to apply it after the toner. allow the toner to set itself and then, if you have oily skin, apply the oil and after allowing it to set, apply the rose day cream regular/light. if you have dry skin, mix it with the rose day cream and apply them together.

27-04-2008
front row

thanks izzie and letthemeatcake... that helps...

anyone else know what am I to do with the steam treatment and clay mask? They don't give any directions on the package unfortunately, so I didn't think to ask when I bought them

27-04-2008
it's a hard-knock life.

^ have you tried googling for the answers? sometimes review sites post instructions.

28-04-2008
front row

izzie-hehe, that was a 'duh' moment. I've become so reliant on this forum that my googling skills have fallen by the wayside! :p I found that they provide instructions on their uk website.

here they are for anyone else who's interested:

1.Problem skin should have a steam treatment once a week; other skin conditions should be treated once a month.
2.Fill a bowl with hot water. Depending on the size of the bowl, add upto 2 tablespoons of Facial Steam Bath. If you are using a facial sauna, adding 1 teaspoon to the water is sufficient.
3.Apply Eye Contour Day Balm to your eyelids and Lip Balm to your lips, protecting the sensitive skin around these areas.
4.Lean over the bowl and cover your head with a towel.
5.Only steam your face for five minutes when you first begin to use Facial Steam Bath, but this can gradually be extended to ten minutes. Very sensitive skin should not exceed five minutes.
6.Immediately after steaming your face, apply the previously prepared Cleansing Clay Mask onto your moist skin.

28-04-2008
it's a hard-knock life.

^ i also forgot to mention that the cream cleanser does smell odd, but you will get used to it after a while! promise! i sure did.

28-04-2008
front row

i don't mind it- i can endure odd smelling products if they work! reminds me of rancid apple juice or something...

05-05-2008
trendsetter

Hey girls
I'm using the light cream rose in addition to my former products advised by my dermatologist for almost one week now and I have to thaaaank you so much for your help !! Really, my skin is already softer, soothed down I saw changes very quickly. Plus, it's so pleasant to know that it is completely natural so my skin risk nothing.
I'm definitively going to use it for long
Thank you again.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dr, hauschka, organic, skincare