How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-10-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruchttasche
I have the same skin type as you (sometimes oily, sometimes very dry, breakout & blackheads prone). I tried literally everything to keep my skin hydrated+clear at the same time, but with excessive use of harsh products (aha, bha etc.), my skin freaked out (extreme dehydration, irrtation, more breakouts). I've started using dr. Hauschka recently, and am very impressed. Especially their rejuvenating mask is excellent: taking care of blemishes and fading acne scars + giving some moisture. Quince cream is pretty rich (but not as rich as rose cream), but if I use just a tiny bit, it's ok. Although dr. hauschka does not recommend to use it at night, I still use it also at night. No breakouts yet (about 2 weeks). You can find many reviews in makeupalley.com. Their products are pretty reasonably priced in europe (drugstore price), but *very' overpriced in the states.
hey thanks for the reply!!!
does the quince cream make your skin glow? What has it done for your skin? Appear to be any differences? Thankyou

30-10-2005
front row

Thank you! Karma for you as well!!

I'm no expert, but could the Neutrogena acne wash be a bit harsh for your sensitive skin? Just my opinion.

The toned day cream is for a more combination skin. At the moment I am using the Dr Hauschka "bronze concentrate" mixed in with a moisturizer (not Hauschka, day cream moisturizer from the first web site I gave you above), and then I use the Burt's Bee's concealer (no chemical's) instead of makeup.
I prefer the toned day cream to the quince, although I never used the quince for a long enough time to have a strong opinion on it. I feel that it is still quite intense though. The toned day cream, I believe is the least intense of all of the cream's. As fruchttasche said above, the "rejuvenating mask" is really nice. I love this product. I also love the "clay mask" together with the "facial steam concentrate". Although, steam can aggravate a sensitive skin.

I love Aubrey-Organics. I use the mask for combination skin. It is great! It works really well. It exfoliates and makes your skin nice and smooth. I know it's not skin care, but I love the Aubrey shampoos and conditioners as well.

I put rosehip oil on my skin at night sometimes and it makes it really nice. It fades any scarring and smooth's lines.

I believe that it is good to let skin breath as well. But, you have to make sure you use a gentle toner at least, to balance the PH level of the skin.

This page may help you...
http://www.drhauschka.com/faq/faq_fr.html

That site is also having a sale! 15% off!! lol

30-10-2005
front row

Actually that sale ends today... Oh well...

Maybe you should get one of the travel kits to start off with? They have different kits for each skin type.

31-10-2005
front row

so ive been using the dr. hauschka products for few days (i got their toner, quince day cream and morning day cream samples from sephora), and i must say... i'm really, really impressed! ofcourse.. who know what will happen... its too early to tell if i might develop some buildup or reaction to their product. Nevertheless, impatient me bought their Morning day cream today, and went back for another toner sample haha... it really is evening out the appearance of my skin... tremendously!
i'm definately afraid of the morning day cream, because it seems so strong and oily, but i can't resist the glow that it gives! i found it to give off more of a glow than the quince day cream. thanks again for all your help

01-11-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorousluna
so ive been using the dr. hauschka products for few days (i got their toner, quince day cream and morning day cream samples from sephora), and i must say... i'm really, really impressed! ofcourse.. who know what will happen... its too early to tell if i might develop some buildup or reaction to their product. Nevertheless, impatient me bought their Morning day cream today, and went back for another toner sample haha... it really is evening out the appearance of my skin... tremendously!
i'm definately afraid of the morning day cream, because it seems so strong and oily, but i can't resist the glow that it gives! i found it to give off more of a glow than the quince day cream. thanks again for all your help
It's so great that you like them! Suddenly I want to try morning day cream and toner ...

02-11-2005
V.I.P.

i love dr. hauschka, i always use the lip balm and hand cream, both are fantastic, and they smell just divine!!!!

03-11-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorousluna
thank you so much! do you have acne?

i have extremely sensitive skin- sometimes oily, sometimes dry...i get blackheads and have recently (for the past couple of months) been breaking out its not cause of how i eat though (i eat really healthy), so i definately need to find some good skin care products.. thank you so much!

anyone else?
Well, one thing that helps me keep my skin from freaking is to make sure it's both exfoliated well and not allowed to dry out. The trick is how to make sure it doesn't dry out but how not to load it up with occlusive moisturizers that clog pores.

A few things that help (I'll get to the Hauschka momentarily!):
- keeping a humidifier on by the side of my bed at night (*really helps*)
- or, sometimes using a drop of olive oil on very wet hands and smoothing that on my face as a moisturizer (when used sparingly it seems to soften and clear)
- I tried just using this natural facial cleanser for oily skin and nothing else... my skin looked great and not dry/not broken out (I need to get some more):
http://www.aubrey-organics.com/produ...id=207G&cat=11
But it smells odd and is not luxe to use. I didn't care for the toner nor the moisturizer that goes with it but my skin loves the cleanser.

For Hauschka, my favorite product is the cleansing milk. If you break out a lot it may be too rich, but it is nice. The cleansing cream (which is almost like a fermented wheat bran, honestly) might work better for you. My skin looks better when I use this line - my skin calms down rather than getting irritated.

You can buy little sampler kits here... I'd probably personally go for the normal/dry face kit since I'd want to try the cleansing milk and the cleansing cream.
http://www.drhauschka.com/products/products_fr.html

04-11-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcb
My skin looks better when I use this line - my skin calms down rather than getting irritated.
I completely agree with you! I had the same experience with Dr. Hauschka... before i started using their products my skin was much more sensitive. Now, it just seems very balanced and happy which makes me happy, cause there's nothing worse than stressed out blotchy skin.
I use: Cleansing Cream (which i initially thought smelled really wierd, but now i'm addicted to it), Facial Toner (love the spraying bottle, so handy), and Rose Cream (which is divine)

No, they are not paying me to make commercials for them!

front row

the morning day cream really helps w/ my scars!

my i ask a question? why do people choose the rose cream vs. the morning day cream... and vice versa? what have you noticed thats diff about them and what do they do for your skin??

also.. who has used the facial toner? what has it done for you skin?

thanks haha im getting quite into these products..

07-11-2005
front row

I'm so glad to hear all of these positive comments on the dr. hauschka line!
I just went to sephora today and couldn't decide what I needed right off the bat, so I got the rhythmic night conditioner ampules - just came out. I'm going to start using tonight, so I'll keep you guys posted. I wanted something to try at night for first (and the salesrep gave me the info on their anti-night cream regimens), but I'm so happy with my current day regimen - am afraid to add anything else to it. At the same time, I do have very breakout prone, sometimes oily, sometimes dry, sensitive skin... and anything that could help it would be worthwhile.

I am curious about what you guys feel is the best day cream from the dr. hauschka line?

07-11-2005
trendsetter

I currently use the cleansing milk, the toner and Quince Day Cream. Once a week I sub in the clensing cream for exfoliation. I find that even though I have dry skin the Quince day cream (which is the lightest of all the tube moisturisors) is the best one for me. I find the Rose cream too oily.

I initially broke out a bit when I started with Hauschka products last winter which freaked me out but apparently that's normal since your skin goes through almost a detox. but I used one cycle of the rhythmic skin conditioners and that really made my skin feel amazing.

what I love about hauschka products is that the prices are reasonable even though the products are so amazing. I guess you're not paying their advertising and spokesmodel budgets like you would with eg. Estee Lauder or Lancome.

My mom used hauschka products in her 30s and 40s (during the 80's and early 90's) and she still has amazing skin now. she credits a lot of it to the Hauschka products since she said they kept her skin healthy and naturally hydrated for so many years.

07-11-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by purreow*

I am curious about what you guys feel is the best day cream from the dr. hauschka line?
im still trying to figure that one out myself but ill tell you what i think. the quince cream seemed the least oily, lightest and the safest- but i didnt like it because it didnt add any glow to my skin, which is essentially what i look for in moisturizers. im currently using the morning day cream which definately gives me that lovely glow- but it takes a while to dissolve and it may seem a bit greasy (which might freak you out) if you're acne prone. the rose cream is like a mix between the morning day cream and quince, except that it helps for redness, rosacea and irritation. the fourth cream, the toning cream or something, seemed really thick and had a skin colour pigment (which fades when you rub it in), but it generally just seemed to thick to put on my face.. scared me a bit.

judging from what you said about your skin type, and judging how most people prefer the quince day cream, i'd recommend that to you. its for normal AND sensitive skin types, and it seemed really clean, simple and nourishing to me. it also helped with some previous acne scars quite a bit.

in total, i recommend you get samples or a skin analysis from someone working at the store near you which sells the hauschka line.. before splurging

08-11-2005
front row

thank you amorousluna! I am going to try and get some of the quince day cream very soon.

I have to say, after one night of using the rhythmic night coniditioner - my skin was the best I've seen it this morning. I felt weird not putting a moisturizer on my face before bed, but when I woke up my skin (instead of being overly oily as usual in the morning), was vey balanced. I noticed less redness and splotchiness. Also, a few deep blackheads on my nose seemed to have come to the surface and I could just scratch them off (gross, I know, but good for me!)

09-11-2005
front row

erm.. im not so sure im liking this morning day cream. how is the quince day cream for everyone? what effects did it give you/what did it do for your particular skin type??

anyone try their cleansing toner (i think thats the name).... im interested in whether or not it really purifies and tones your skin? i need a substitute for my nightly moisturizing... which will hopefully heal my scars, clear my skin and give it some moisture!! please please share if you've used the cleansing toner!@! thanks.. id appreciate it!!

10-11-2005
front row

I have been trying different moisturizers since the standby Oil of Olay has failed me this season. Tried L'Occitane Daily Face Cream SPF 15 for a few weeks, which caused me to break out in bumps. I have combination, acne-prone skin to begin with.

So today I tried Dr. Hauschka's Toned Day Cream (courtesy of Sephora samples) and I asked my husband this evening if he noticed any difference. He said that there seemed to be a little less redness, and my pores maybe seems smaller, too. Which makes me a little skeptical, because how can something work that fast? But the reviews I've read on makeupalley.com suggests that it might. In any case, I have high hopes for this moisturizer! We'll see...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dr, hauschka, organic, skincare