How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-09-2009
V.I.P.

^Ok, it's advertised differently in Germany then. I've been using it for years, twice a day and I never reacted to it. My skin is very sensitive as well and I was so happy to have found a cleanser that worked so well for me. Guess that's why I'm so defensive about it.

22-09-2009
V.I.P.

TWICE a day?! I cant imagine. And its not a cleanser in my opinion, I really think they need to change the name, because they dont have any other products with 'exfoliating' properties in it do they? I just find it a bit misleading.

Anyhow if it works well for you terrific, I know how it is to be defensive over products as well.

07-02-2010
windowshopping

I have very fair, sensitive skin. I use the cleansing cream 2x a day, as per the directions. It is not advertised as an exfoliating product, it does, however, have natural exfoliating properties. It is by far the best cleanser I've used thus far and I'm a very happy girl!

08-02-2010
.my prison is your brain.

I used to be a dedicated Dr. Hauschka lover, but I've moved on to Decleor and will NEVER go back! With the exception of maybe occasional use of the Rejuvenating Mask. I just don't feel like this line did much for my skin.

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 08-02-2010 at 07:38 AM.
08-02-2010
in the mood for love

I'm addicted to Rose Cream amazing in winter
Can't comment on the cleansing cream as i haven't tried it, but i was quite happy with the cleansing milk and clay mask.

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
I used to be a dedicated Dr. Hauschka lover, but I've moved on to Decleor and will NEVER go back! With the exception of maybe occasional use of the Rejuvenating Mask. I just don't feel like this line did much for my skin.
Maybe your skin got used to Dr.H and needed a change.
How do you like Decleor so far? Any product suggestions?
I want to try it too.

My favorite Dr. Hauschka product is Facial Toner.

12-03-2010
backstage pass

Has anyone tried any of the Eye Care products?

22-07-2010
fashion insider

i am using some of the dr. hauschka line right now and i'm not wowed by it. i made myself work through a lot of products before i bought these because i simply had too much clogging up my shelves, but i am not sure about this line.

for the record i have normal to dry skin that is really only dry in the dead of winter. my skin is clear and quite fair, so it can be rather lackluster. i think i am going back to my mario badescu stuff after this.

rising star

I've flirted with Dr. Hauschka products a number of times over the years thinking that it was important (both physically and for peace of mind) to switch over to a more hollistic skin care line. I have wanted so badly to like these products but I'm consistently left mortified with how they react with my skin. I generally have balanced, normal-to-combination (ie. very occasional breakout that heals quickly; sometimes dry). However, the Dr. Hauschka products have always left them an oily, violent mess. I've had more problems with my skin in the last few weeks than I'd had in my 21 years of life, and Dr. Hauschka has not helped re-balance my skin.

The products that I've D-listed are;
-Cleansing Milk - very oily, but I think it would work well in combination for someone whose skin doesn't react to either the Clarifying or Facial toners.
- Clarifying Toner - caused small white bumps as well as irritation, much too drying for someone who doesn't have very oily skin
- Rose Day Cream, Light - nice, but gets progressively oilier throughout the day rather than providing skin with hydration; calms redness though
- Moisturizing Day Cream - potent smell, very runny consistency; left face very shiny but also with an even complexion; caused a constellation of breakouts after a few weeks
- Quince Day Cream - good basic cream, but also caused sensitivity and breakouts

The performers:
- Eye Contour Day Cream - super slick, hydrating, and all-around lovely for someone with sensitive or dry lids. It is quite greasy and makes it difficult to wear eye makeup as it doesn't sink in to the skin completely for me. I do really like it though!
- Lip Balm, Pot - lovely rosey smell, goes on slick but sinks in to leave lips very hydrated, plump and moist. Effectively combats dryness and cracking; not taste.
- Clay Mask - can be drying, but cleans out clogged pores and gunk very well. I wouldn't recommend you use it more than once or twice a month though, unless you have very oily skin.

Like I said, I truly wanted to love this line, but I just can't soldier through the breakouts and reactive skin. Other lines that I've tried include Nuxe (top quality and used it for years, however, my skin has become reactive and irritated by it), Biotherm (meh), Vichy (good quality at affordable prices), Avene (D-list), Aveeno (was drawn in by their new Fresh Essentials line, but under-performed), Origins (A Perfect World moisturizer is very oily and would work fantastically with dry skin I think; Checks and Balances face wash works well only in combo with a good toner as it leaves a filmy residue on face. Cleans pores well though), and too many drugstore lines to count!

The line I truly love above all else is Dr. Alkaitis, despite its price. It has consistently balanced my skin and their products smell and feel divine on the skin (I look forward to my regimen each night). I will always incorporate a few of the DA products into my routine (notably the Soothing Gel and Nourishing Oil - best all around oil on the market, BRILLIANT). Next, I will be trying Sprout Wellness products as I'm intrigued by the company's mission, product design and minimal ingredients (3-4 per products... GASP), I urge you all to check this little company out at: sproutarevolution.com

20-06-2011
windowshopping

i tried dr hauschka for a month but didnt work quite well for my skin.
i liked the cleansing cream, which you can use twice a day according to instructions. i used it only once, because i felt that the slight exfoliating effect would be too much twice a day.
i didnt like the creams like the rose cream, daily moisturizing cream - my skin felt oily and pimples were a negative side-effect.
i have mixed feelings towards the tonic, which is full of oils.
after one month of usage i stopped because of breakouts and oily looking skin. i will probably use the cleansing cream.
i am generally not sure about their concept. they say cleanse twice a day (imo cleansing in the evening would be enough), also they state not to use creams at night, so the skin can balance itself (oil production etc.) and wont become dependent on creams. i would like to know the opinion of others on their concept, because i really thought that night creams were important..

20-06-2011
tfs star

Unfortunately I didn't like the rose cream at all... I didn't only break out, but I got small red bumps under my eyes and my skin got so greasy... It itched like crazy. My poor skin :-( I'm glad I realized quickly that it was the rose cream that my skin couldn't handle!
I've never tried any other Hauschka products because of this bad experience...
My skin usually isn't that sensitive...

20-06-2011
.my prison is your brain.

^ I experienced the same red bumps using the Rose Day Ceam Light, and I've never had any acne (let alone breakouts) or problems with my skin. It took awhile for my skin to bounce back even after I had stopped using it. I'm not sure it's "all-natural" as they tout it to be.

10-07-2011
rising star

I just tried their deodorant because I'm allergic to antiperspirant and this one had so many rave reviews. It's OK, it does a bit better job with odor than some previous ones I've tried, but it's not stellar by any means.

10-07-2011
I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonjourTristesse View Post
Unfortunately I didn't like the rose cream at all... I didn't only break out, but I got small red bumps under my eyes and my skin got so greasy... It itched like crazy. My poor skin :-( I'm glad I realized quickly that it was the rose cream that my skin couldn't handle!
I've never tried any other Hauschka products because of this bad experience...
My skin usually isn't that sensitive...
I had the same problems with that cream. It reminded me so much of Lush's day creams, where they made the skin worse than better. But I think it's from person to person because my sister uses it and it works perfectly on her.

Like shannycgirl I love the clay mask. It cleans so well and doesn't stay on your skin the way other masks can.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dr, hauschka, organic, skincare