How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-11-2005
front row

anyone use their toner? or any reviews on the quince day cream?? waiting...

11-11-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by purreow*
I'm so glad to hear all of these positive comments on the dr. hauschka line!
I just went to sephora today and couldn't decide what I needed right off the bat, so I got the rhythmic night conditioner ampules - just came out. I'm going to start using tonight, so I'll keep you guys posted. I wanted something to try at night for first (and the salesrep gave me the info on their anti-night cream regimens), but I'm so happy with my current day regimen - am afraid to add anything else to it. At the same time, I do have very breakout prone, sometimes oily, sometimes dry, sensitive skin... and anything that could help it would be worthwhile.

I am curious about what you guys feel is the best day cream from the dr. hauschka line?

how are the rhythmic night conditioner ampules? i'm soo interested in getting them, but they cost 70 dollars! did you just dish up 70 dollars right off the bat? I hope they're working well for you.. do tell

12-11-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorousluna
how are the rhythmic night conditioner ampules? i'm soo interested in getting them, but they cost 70 dollars! did you just dish up 70 dollars right off the bat? I hope they're working well for you.. do tell
If you are near a sephora go in and get a few samples of it to try first. that's what I did. also, the price you are talking about seems to be for the large pack of 50 ampules... see if you can get a smaller package of 10 to start. less cost effective per unit but at least it's not so much of an initial investment.

12-11-2005
front row

I really like the night ampules. It was worth the money for me to take a chance on it. My skin just looks smoother, brighter. I used to have more red splotchy areas and the ampules really seem to have helped that.

I'm going to switch to the cleanser and day cream next. Currently I'm using the Proactiv gentle formula cleanser and just plain old neutrogena face moisturizer for sensitive skin.

12-11-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennika
If you are near a sephora go in and get a few samples of it to try first. that's what I did. also, the price you are talking about seems to be for the large pack of 50 ampules... see if you can get a smaller package of 10 to start. less cost effective per unit but at least it's not so much of an initial investment.
how were the ampules for you?

15-11-2005
front row

s2
i love dr.hauschka. been using it for about 2 years now. i did break out at first, but then it just faded. i used to get pimples and had scars but now it's just all gone.
i use the cleansing milk and the cleansing cream. the steam thing and i've tried the mud mask, they're really good. oh yes and the rejuvenating mask, really good!
i want to try the rose cream, since i heard it's good for cold weather. at first i used the quince one, but i started breaking out. it's just too thick for me. so what you guys think? i usually use spf daily, and sometimes a vitamin e moisturizer, but would like to try the rose cream.

16-11-2005
spoilt victorian child

Quote:
anyone try their cleansing toner (i think thats the name).... im interested in whether or not it really purifies and tones your skin? i need a substitute for my nightly moisturizing... which will hopefully heal my scars, clear my skin and give it some moisture!! please please share if you've used the cleansing toner!@! thanks.. id appreciate it!!
I use the toner, and I highly recommend it, particularly if you use any of the creams. I think a lot of the complaints of breakouts here might have to do with ther fact that people are applying them without toning first - toners help regulate the skin's pH levels, and applying heavier creams like Dr. Hauschka's on intoned skin can have undesirable consequences.

I've also been doing the Dr. Hauschka trick of applying the toner and nothing else at night (when I remember...). At first my face felt pretty dehydrated, but once my skin got used to it, it was no longer a problem. I must say that the skin feels very pure in the morning; any blemishes I'd have the day before are usually gone, or at least reduced, by the time I wake up.

front row

hi
was wondering if any of you use rose cream with a spf cream/sunblock. is it ok to use them both?

and what dr hauschka products do you recommend for older somewhat dry skin/lines/wrinkles?

thanks

17-11-2005
front row

eeeel this moisturizing day cream is terrible! totally not agreeing w/ me skin! i like the quince so much better... im just going to splurge and get it cause it seemed to really calm my skin ew.. i really dont like this moisturizing day cream!

18-11-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
how were the ampules for you?
loved them. they made my skin so soft and calm.

I'd suggest using the ampules when you're fiest starting out with the hauschka skin care line since they really help your skin adjust to the change and maximize the benefits of the other products with least risk of break-out.

18-11-2005
front row

I've been using the night ampules for about a week now, and I can honestly tell you I've noticed a drastic improvement in my skin. I have very sensitive skin and very breakout prone, and this has done wonders for me. I just did a double-take in the bathroom mirror here at work when I looked up and saw how smooth and even my skin tone looks. I would highly recommend it to anyone curious about trying it. I haven't switched to the other dr. hauschka products yet (cleanser, toner, day creme, etc) only because there were so many mixed reviews on makeupalley about ppl breaking out with cysts after using some of the stuff. I may try the others over thanksgiving break and see if I have any issues. If anyone else has my skin type and in similar situation, let me know what your results were.

18-11-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by purreow*
I've been using the night ampules for about a week now, and I can honestly tell you I've noticed a drastic improvement in my skin. I have very sensitive skin and very breakout prone, and this has done wonders for me. I just did a double-take in the bathroom mirror here at work when I looked up and saw how smooth and even my skin tone looks. I would highly recommend it to anyone curious about trying it. I haven't switched to the other dr. hauschka products yet (cleanser, toner, day creme, etc) only because there were so many mixed reviews on makeupalley about ppl breaking out with cysts after using some of the stuff. I may try the others over thanksgiving break and see if I have any issues. If anyone else has my skin type and in similar situation, let me know what your results were.

i suggest you get samples/testers of the pproducts.. yeah i got cysts from the dreaful moisturizing day cream but my skin seems to eat up the quince day cream

18-11-2005
front row

amorousluna: did you experience any problems with the cleanser or toner? do you think you got breakouts b/c the moisturizing day cream was too thick?

18-11-2005
front row

yeah i think i got breakouts.. well not really breakouts they were more like irritation bumps... because the moisturizing day cream is too thick, too oily and just didnt absorb well into my skin. i felt sort of like it was suffocating my skin.. where as the moisturizing day cream seems alot purer and cleaner.. even though the actual texture is thicker. it also didnt leave a grosss oily film over my skin! i've never tried the cleanser.. but the toner was wonderful! i've tried it about 3 times or so. i'd buy it and recommend it... btu perhaps i didnt use it enough times to know if it does any damage

06-12-2005
V.I.P.

so is there just one toner? I'm going to buy some this week hopefully

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dr, hauschka, organic, skincare