How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-02-2008
it's a hard-knock life.

^ thank you! i bought it yesterday!

21-02-2008
V.I.P.

hey guys
i heard dr Hauschka has a soap that can be used for everything
as shampoo, for the body, etc. ...

and apparently it works perfect for dandruff

is that true?
i think i am sure it is dr Hauschka...

22-02-2008
V.I.P.

Sweetie dont use something that is 'combination therapy' as they call it...something to cleanse your hair that they also recommend for your body? Unsettling sounding. Sorry I know nothing about Dr. Hauschka.

Has anyone mentioned Eminence? I dont care for their products but they're all natural and if you wanted you could eat them, that's how few the ingredients are.
www.eminenceorganics.com

22-02-2008
it's a hard-knock life.

i bought the dr. hauschka facial cleansing cream... and it smells so funky!

23-02-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetThemEatCake View Post
Sweetie dont use something that is 'combination therapy' as they call it...something to cleanse your hair that they also recommend for your body? Unsettling sounding. Sorry I know nothing about Dr. Hauschka.
Well they say it's quite gentle
it's good for the environment..
Apparently developed for people who go camping and have the need to pack less things
It's just soap isn't it ? We've all been raised to think a separate soap for hair and one for skin... I dunno

23-02-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzie stevens View Post
i bought the dr. hauschka facial cleansing cream... and it smells so funky!
Hmm it does.... But it's supposed to smell like that. Kind of like fermented grains or something? Yeah.
It's one of my favourite products for some reason, and I really grew accustomed to the smell, so much that I even like it now...

Hope it works for you

fashion icon

I use that cleansing cream as well.... whilst it does have a smell. ITs well worth it!!

it's a hard-knock life.

it is well worth it. it makes my skin so soft! the smell is funky, though.

hey, what do you all recommend in place of the rose day cream light? i use that in the day... but what should i use at night?

23-02-2008
backstage pass

^ Actually, Dr. Hauschka promotes not using night creams, as that can block the process of detox of the skin during the night. They always clearly state that in their catalogues/booklets or online, so you could check that out, if you want more information
If your skin feels too tight after cleansing in the evening, Dr. Hauschka recommend their skin ampoules in the place of a cream, but I've never tried them since they're so expensive.
For myself, I don't use a night cream since I started using Dr. Hauschka, but in the winter my skin gets a bit dry, so I use Weleda's Rose Oil capsules, which are really great for me.
Or you could try plain sweet almond oil for example, just a thin layer on your skin before bed?
(though I guess you don't have to follow the Hauschka regime religiously in the case that you want to use night creams - hope that helps)

it's a hard-knock life.

i use aveda's tea tree oil in the night and it works wonders, but i'm going to read up on that whole not using creams at night thing right now. thank you!

23-02-2008
backstage pass

^ ooh i haven't tried the aveda oil, i'm gonna check that out then thanks

it's a hard-knock life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneyes View Post
^ Actually, Dr. Hauschka promotes not using night creams, as that can block the process of detox of the skin during the night. They always clearly state that in their catalogues/booklets or online, so you could check that out, if you want more information
If your skin feels too tight after cleansing in the evening, Dr. Hauschka recommend their skin ampoules in the place of a cream, but I've never tried them since they're so expensive.
For myself, I don't use a night cream since I started using Dr. Hauschka, but in the winter my skin gets a bit dry, so I use Weleda's Rose Oil capsules, which are really great for me.
Or you could try plain sweet almond oil for example, just a thin layer on your skin before bed?
(though I guess you don't have to follow the Hauschka regime religiously in the case that you want to use night creams - hope that helps)
i just bought the toner tonight when i went to whole foods market. that way i have something to use at night. :p

08-04-2008
front row

those of you that have tried the rose day cream light...

is it really light? does it absorb quickly? does it clog your pores at all?

08-04-2008
it's a hard-knock life.

^ it is light, and it does absorb quickly. i love it. it's a staple in my skin care routine.

09-04-2008
backstage pass

^^ The rose cream light is defintaley a great cream for my sensitive skin and it's light and non-shiny.

I don't think I've posted here on how much I love the dr. Hauschka mascaras??
THey're really great. I have the black one, and recently started using the purple volumizing one, and both are lovely. A great alternative to regular mascaras, gentle, easy to remove, and beautiful lashes

(Ok, I'm not a Dr. Hauschka PR, promise)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dr, hauschka, organic, skincare