How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-04-2008
backstage pass

The Rose day cream is soo nice! I was nervous to try it because I tend to have oiler skin sometimes, but this cream has never been oily at all. I think it makes the skin look nice as well.

10-04-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneyes View Post
^^ The rose cream light is defintaley a great cream for my sensitive skin and it's light and non-shiny.

I don't think I've posted here on how much I love the dr. Hauschka mascaras??
THey're really great. I have the black one, and recently started using the purple volumizing one, and both are lovely. A great alternative to regular mascaras, gentle, easy to remove, and beautiful lashes

(Ok, I'm not a Dr. Hauschka PR, promise)

does it smudge easily? or rubs off? do they have any waterproof ones?

11-04-2008
backstage pass

^ Hmm. I don't think they have waterproof ones. Check their website(s) though to be sure.

And for me, I've never had any trouble with smudging - only if I actually rub my eyes for some reason, forgetting that i'm wearing mascara, might it flake a little bit.

It's just a really wearable, lightweight, pretty mascara to me.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Okay, so I've heard good things about this line (also, Kate Bosworth uses it and she has THE perfect skin as far as I am concerned, lol), so I'm buying some tonight & going to give it a go... Unfortunately, strawberrynet doesn't sell the light rose cream, so I'm buying the normalizing day oil...

it's a hard-knock life.

^ you can order the rose day dream light on the official site!

16-04-2008
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Ahh, I looked on the website and they stock it at David Jones in the city, so I might go and get it from there if I like the products that I ordered... Just one question, how do I pronounce the name? I hate asking for products that I can't pronounce properly! Is it ha-oo-sh-ka?

it's a hard-knock life.

i pronounce it as "how-shh-kah!" that's the way that i've heard everyone else pronounce it.

17-04-2008
front row

I noticed that there are two different Rhythmic night conditioners- a regular one and a sensitive one. Which do you guys recommend for combo acne-prone skin? Thanks in advance!

17-04-2008
it's a hard-knock life.

^ i don't recommend either, to be honest. you don't really need it if you are using a daily moisturizer throughout the day from dr. hauschka's line. it's explained here.

Quote:
Skip the night cream; your skin will thank you.

While you sleep your skin is actually hard at work regenerating itself, balancing oil production and expelling impurities. Regular application of night creams interferes with these essential tasks, and over time skin becomes less able to care for itself. Covering the skin with moisturizer 24 hours a day sends a signal to sebaceous glands to cut down on moisture production, resulting in even drier skin that becomes dependent on moisturizing products just to appear “normal.”

A Dr. Hauschka regimen allows the skin to carry on its important night work. Balanced healthy skin needs nothing more than cleansing and toning before bed. Dr. Hauschka Rhythmic Night Conditioner is a water-based formula infused with rose essential oil and dynamic plant extracts that supports renewal and balances oil production. Use it for 28 days, mirroring and supporting the skin's natural cycle of regeneration to encourage a return to a healthy, balanced complexion.

17-04-2008
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzie stevens View Post
i pronounce it as "how-shh-kah!" that's the way that i've heard everyone else pronounce it.
Yeah, that is how I think I've been pronouncing it, lol. Thanks honey!

it's a hard-knock life.

^ no problem!

17-04-2008
front row

izzie- I thought it was meant to 'prep' the skin for the rest of the line? get everything balanced and what not..

17-04-2008
it's a hard-knock life.

^ that's if you feel that you absolutely need it. some people feel as if they always need to apply something at night, when really, they don't! because as the line promotes, your skin is smart and self-prepares itself while you sleep.

Quote:
Smarter than it's often given credit for, that's for sure. Our skin has an absolutely amazing ability to balance and heal itself, responding constantly to changes in our internal and external environments. It needs a little help along the way, like protection from overexposure to harsh elements, or support when it gets thrown out of balance by illness or stress. The key is to encourage and strengthen your skin's own natural self-healing processes. Rather than suppressing symptoms or interfering with the skin's natural rhythms, Dr. Hauschka Skin Care respects the skin, supporting its return to balanced health.
so, because the skin is so smart and self regenerates itself and balances oil production over night all on it's own, dr. hauschka created the rhythmic night conditioner regimen because it is light enough to not disturb what your skin does on it's own overnight, but helps with supporting your skins natural over night cycle. so really... you don't need it unless your skin is really, really bad, to the point where it's not self regenerating.

that's the way that the dr. hauschka skin care expert that always helps me with my purchases has explained it to me. although i will admit that on days when my skin feels tight and perhaps a bit dry, although oily in the t-zone area? i will mix the rose day cream light with aveda's balancing infusion oil and apply that before bed... and then i wake up to super soft, super hydrated skin! and yes, the oil is oily, but it absorbs very, very quickly and smells lovely, and won't stain your pillow cases! and although it's oily, you don't wake up with oily skin. well, at least i don't.

Last edited by izzie stevens; 17-04-2008 at 01:28 PM.
17-04-2008
front row

ok- thanks for clearing that up! I don't usually use anything at night except toner after I wash my face. If I don't need it then I'd rather save my $80! I've wanted to get the aveda balancing oil- does it help with break-outs or is something like tea tree oil better? Something is making my skin go biserk...

17-04-2008
it's a hard-knock life.

^ i don't get break outs, i never really have. i mean, i've had one pimple every bunch of months, but that's common for just about everyone, so i don't know if it's helpful for break outs. i do know that it is an acne treatment, though, so i use it to prevent my skin from going nuts. i am super paranoid, so just in case. my cousin did use it once, though, because i told her that ever since i had used it i have never gotten that occasional pimple, and it did help with her acne.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dr, hauschka, organic, skincare