How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-03-2005
front row

Dr Hauschka - organic skincare
Who goes to organic skincare, let say Dr Hauschka?

16-03-2005
rising star

Not any more...
I don't know about "organic," but nowadays, I tend to avoid natural face products (like the kind you find in natural health stores like Whole Foods, etc) since the ingredients are not as refined or are so natural, that they are natural irritants to my skin.

Dr. Hauschka face lotion, for example, made me break out. I might as well just buy pure almond or sesame oil and apply that on my skin for a lot less $$.

I also wonder about the shelf life, since they often go bad very fast due to lack of preservatives and such.

16-03-2005
Storm & Sommer

Hi Adrina I changed the title of the thread from "paint that face" which imo is too unspecific and not won't help anybody searching for Dr Hauschka or thoughts on organic skincare

pinterest : hanneonpin
16-03-2005
flaunt the imperfection

hanne...might want to move it to skin and hair care...

16-03-2005
Storm & Sommer

True..lol..thank you Softie, ..practice makes perfect let me see if I can't figure out how to do just that !

pinterest : hanneonpin
16-03-2005
flaunt the imperfection

woohoo..!!...well done hanne...

16-03-2005
rising star

the good doctor does wonders for my lips so I'm going two thumbs way up.

16-03-2005
trendsetter

I've been using it for about 6 months now. I use the clenser, eye cream and quince day cream.

In general I love it. It certainly nourishes my skin and while I normally get really dry skin in the winter since I've been using hauschka products my skin has felt soft and great.

16-03-2005
spoilt victorian child

I've been using a lot of Dr. Hauschka products lately, and I have to say I'm very pleased. My skin improved noticeably a few weeks after I started to use the rose day cream. Only trouble is...your face practically starts glowing in the dark when you first put it on, it's that shiny. So you have to invest in a good powder.

29-10-2005
front row

Dr. Hauschka
hey has anyone tried their products? particularly their day face cream and face washes? If so, what have you tried, what's your skin type and how did they work out?:? PLEASE SHARE!!! I'm desperate for natural products that WORK... but am apprehensive about trying naything new... especially products as expensive as these

thanks i appreciate any help you can give

29-10-2005
front row

I have used most of this line. I think is is great, you just have to find the products that work for you.

The day cream feels really lite, but it is infact really intense.

I love the cleansing milk and the toned day cream. The cleansing cream is nice as well.

What works for me, may not work for you though. What type of skin do you have? I have sensitive skin.

This site sells all natural/organic skin care. It also has really useful information about natural skin care. I use some of these products and find them really good.

http://www.beautytruth.net/index2.html

This site also sells different lines of natural skin care including the one that is sold at the above website.

http://www.highvibe.com/index.cgi?id...eauty_Products

Hope this helps.

29-10-2005
front row

thank you so much! do you have acne?

i have extremely sensitive skin- sometimes oily, sometimes dry...i get blackheads and have recently (for the past couple of months) been breaking out its not cause of how i eat though (i eat really healthy), so i definately need to find some good skin care products.. thank you so much!

anyone else?

30-10-2005
front row

I don't have acne, but sometimes I will break out. My skin is sometimes dry as well in winter.

If you have sensitive skin, I would suggest the cleansing cream, but you need to remove make up before hand. You could use the cleansing milk to do this, as this is like a make up remover. My friend just uses the cleansing milk as a cleanser, and that's all she uses.
There is a special technique to using the cleansing cream. It feels like an exfoliator because it is has grains in it, but you are supposed to press it into the skin instead of rubbing/massaging into the skin. I think it explains it on the tube.

I wouldn't use the moisturizing day cream with your skin type. It is really intense, it made me break out. It is for dry skin.

I think you could use the quince day cream or the toned day cream. I really like the toned day cream. It has a nice colour. It is like a tinted moisturizer.

Dr Haushka people don't believe in a night cream. At night you are just supposed to cleanse then tone. No moisturizer. This is to get the skin to not depend on any product. It lets it breath and detox.

You may break out when you first start using these products, but give it some time. If you can, go to a Dr Haushka salon to get a proper analysis.

It is great that you eat healthy. Your diet can play a huge role in how your skin looks. Break outs are usually caused by- dairy (hormones, anti-biotics, mucus forming etc), fats (some people have trouble diggesting fats, also if you have dark circles under your eyes, this can be a sign of poor fat diggestion and/or an excess potassium intake) also sugars and other toxins can cause skin problems.

30-10-2005
windowshopping

I have the same skin type as you (sometimes oily, sometimes very dry, breakout & blackheads prone). I tried literally everything to keep my skin hydrated+clear at the same time, but with excessive use of harsh products (aha, bha etc.), my skin freaked out (extreme dehydration, irrtation, more breakouts). I've started using dr. Hauschka recently, and am very impressed. Especially their rejuvenating mask is excellent: taking care of blemishes and fading acne scars + giving some moisture. Quince cream is pretty rich (but not as rich as rose cream), but if I use just a tiny bit, it's ok. Although dr. hauschka does not recommend to use it at night, I still use it also at night. No breakouts yet (about 2 weeks). You can find many reviews in makeupalley.com. Their products are pretty reasonably priced in europe (drugstore price), but *very' overpriced in the states.

Last edited by fruchttasche; 30-10-2005 at 07:31 AM.
30-10-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucindaMay
I don't have acne, but sometimes I will break out. My skin is sometimes dry as well in winter.

If you have sensitive skin, I would suggest the cleansing cream, but you need to remove make up before hand. You could use the cleansing milk to do this, as this is like a make up remover. My friend just uses the cleansing milk as a cleanser, and that's all she uses.
There is a special technique to using the cleansing cream. It feels like an exfoliator because it is has grains in it, but you are supposed to press it into the skin instead of rubbing/massaging into the skin. I think it explains it on the tube.

I wouldn't use the moisturizing day cream with your skin type. It is really intense, it made me break out. It is for dry skin.

I think you could use the quince day cream or the toned day cream. I really like the toned day cream. It has a nice colour. It is like a tinted moisturizer.

Dr Haushka people don't believe in a night cream. At night you are just supposed to cleanse then tone. No moisturizer. This is to get the skin to not depend on any product. It lets it breath and detox.

You may break out when you first start using these products, but give it some time. If you can, go to a Dr Haushka salon to get a proper analysis.

It is great that you eat healthy. Your diet can play a huge role in how your skin looks. Break outs are usually caused by- dairy (hormones, anti-biotics, mucus forming etc), fats (some people have trouble diggesting fats, also if you have dark circles under your eyes, this can be a sign of poor fat diggestion and/or an excess potassium intake) also sugars and other toxins can cause skin problems.

w0o0ow thank you SO much for all your help! karma for you my dear sorry for all the questions but can you tell me more about the quince day cream and the toning cream?? Also, do you think that if i washed at nightime w/ neutrogena oil free acne wash and applied a toner from Aubrey-organics that its ok not to put lotion on? I used to not put lotion on at night but than i heard this actually damages your skin... although i prefer to let my skin breath as well. Thank you once again.. you don't have to answer all my nagging question if you don't wish

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dr, hauschka, organic, skincare