How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-10-2005
backstage pass

Drinking
Can i just ask you guys, how do you and your body feel about drinking?
Like, for me, no matter how much i drink, i never get hungover, never. And i usually dont yak, but i did only once. So my body has a pretty high tolerance to alcohol, what about you guys? Just interested...

A man sees in the world what he carries in his heart.
- Johann Wolfgang Goethe, from "Faust"

15-10-2005
scenester

Never got hungover either, in my entire life. I think it's genetic, just like alcoholism. Like if alcoholism runs in your family, you got a higher tolerance for alcohol. Just a theory of mine...

15-10-2005
backstage pass

I'm the same way. I've done plenty of drinking (I love partying, plus I'm a law student!) and I have had 2 hangovers ever. I am really an alcohol metabolizing machine. Although I'm trying to limit myself these days because I want to lose a few pounds...

15-10-2005
V.I.P.

I'm the same too. I'm always aware of what I'm doing and saying (even though sometimes my reaction is kinda delayed ... LOL). What Snurrig said about family history is true. Also I attribute my high tolerance level to the food I grew up on ... there are many Chinese dishes that are "spiked" with alcohol in some form and I've been eating it since I was a kid so ..... y'know .... starting young ... LOLZ

15-10-2005
scenester

I've never been drunk but I've drinkin alot befor. Its weird. I only drink about a couple times a year and I can down alot of alcohol if I wanted too but I guess I know my limits and stop befor gettin drunk. Even then I can down a lot more than people who are more "light weight" and are toasted afer only a couple drinks. I guess i'm lucky to have a high tolerence because I wouldn't want to get shitfaced and act stupid like people I've seen.

~Sher~

16-10-2005
tfs star

i used to be really thin, so i would have like one vodka and cranberry (or a few classes of champaigne) and be blasted for the whole night. and then i would puke and be hungover for a day.
but now, i can drink like three vodka and cranberries and not even get a buzz. it's not even worth it because i don't like the taste of alcohol that much, so i just have one drink if i'm going out and that's it.

16-10-2005
princely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestar07
I'm the same too. I'm always aware of what I'm doing and saying (even though sometimes my reaction is kinda delayed ... LOL). What Snurrig said about family history is true. Also I attribute my high tolerance level to the food I grew up on ... there are many Chinese dishes that are "spiked" with alcohol in some form and I've been eating it since I was a kid so ..... y'know .... starting young ... LOLZ
Alchohol dissapears after being cooked

I've never been hung over..i guess thats a good thing.

16-10-2005
backstage pass

Well I've been drinking tonight, but I know I won't have a hangover tomorrow. I had 3 glasses of wine and a glass of beer. The only bad thing is it makes me hungry...

16-10-2005
backstage pass

No matter how much i drink i've never been properly hungover, sometimes i feel a bit sick in the afternoon after though. When i've been drinking wine i get so drunk after hardly anything which is strange, but i usually drink spirits lol. I usually remember what i've been doing lol and i just talk randomly to strangers, i think the worst i've been was at a friends 18th earlier this year and she got me and her bf so drunk we couldent sit up lol :p At least i wasn't sick (although my friend has been sick on me before, absolutly disgusting although we were 14 then 16 lol)

16-10-2005
In Bloom

I drink a lot (it's a danish thing...some people say ). I should stick to beer, no hangovers. But lately I've begun drinking vodka...which gives me the hangovers from hell! It's bacause I can't afford good beer this month, like Tuborg, Guinness, Kilkenny...and I'm tired of cheap beer. That leaves me vodka and terrible hangovers.

we were in love

16-10-2005
tea time

i never got hungover when i was younger but now im getting older the effects are getting worse it sucks!

but i still manage to survive and go out nights in a row!

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/
16-10-2005
trendsetter

I smell alcohol and get drunk.

I'm a pretty cheap date

A champagne supernova in the sky
16-10-2005
crossed wires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kween
Can i just ask you guys, how do you and your body feel about drinking?
Like, for me, no matter how much i drink, i never get hungover, never. And i usually dont yak, but i did only once. So my body has a pretty high tolerance to alcohol, what about you guys? Just interested...
I was exactly the same I would get drunk now and again when I was like 14-15 all in the safety of a friends house Then I started to go to pubs and clubs when I was 16-17 usually 1-3 times a week, a bottle of wine each time I went out...at least. Didn't get hungover...then I got to just before 18ish...and that's when they hit, I don't have a clue how...even if I don't drink that much (which gladly I don't anymore...well not as much as I used to I think I got it out of my system ) I've only been sick from drink twice...and both times I couldn't even remember I was. Being drunk like that is an awful thing, I hope I'm not stupid enough to get like that again. Silly girl.

slightly dizzy

Well... I do enjoy alcohol. A bit too much maybe. I easily get hangovers, even if I don't drink that much...

I've cut down lately because I don't enjoy the day after as much as the night before. And it's not exactly healthy. I also want to get rid of some excess weight: alcohol is just empty calories and bloats you up.

16-10-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegance.Is.Refusal.
i never got hungover when i was younger but now im getting older the effects are getting worse it sucks!

but i still manage to survive and go out nights in a row!
It's the same with me, I never used to get a hangover but these days I need like half a day to recover from a night out.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
drinking