How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-10-2005
lovely but empty

Dry, red skin on jawline
Lately the skin along my jawline has become really dry and reddish and my moisturizer (I use Chanel Hydramax) isn't helping at all. The rest of my skin isn't dry nor oily at all and I'm not having any problems, but absolutely nothing will de-tomato my jawline. Does anyone have any reccomendations (no makeup please - just skincare products) on what to use, or what this is/why it's happening? I'd appreciate it so much.

31-10-2005
Storm & Sommer

change in weather ?
Skin irritation from perfume ?
Garment that brushes against your jaw that caused a reaction ?

Elizabeth Ardens 8 hour cream is good for so many things..among other things skin irritation and dryness

pinterest : hanneonpin
31-10-2005
front row

Oh this happened to me! So i used E45 itch relief cream thats for exzema (i dont have exzema but i used it anyway!) it soothes it and so it goes, mine went really quick! It wasn't so much itchy when i had it but irritable!

fashion icon

Your problem may not be cause perfume but Hanne is right, i had itching reddish bumps on jawline from a fragrance last year. I suggest, now the less chemical is the best and a simple cream you can get at the pharmacy.

02-12-2005
front row

I am not sure if I've got the same thing as you because mine is sort of chronic (I've had it for ages) and it's not too noticeable..but I have slightly red, slightly rough skin along the jawline as well. My dermatologist said I would probably grow out of it..but it's been years so she told me to try using my Retin-A on it, to use a face wash with chemical exfoliators ("Aqua Glycolic was the brand she recommended..it's available at cvs and is very simple but good--an exfoliating cetaphil, basically), and we also tried some microdermabrasion. These have helped a little bit.

Hope that helps!

02-12-2005
Power to the 99%

I would definitely see my dermatologist ...

02-12-2005
fashion icon

I also agree with fashionista-ta, it might be best to get it checked out by a dermatologist or at least by your local GP.

Also, it might be best to stop using the moisturiser that you're using. You could try using Sorbolene cream. Whenver I get dry skin or skin irritations I just slap some on and it goes away within a few days.

03-12-2005
Swim Upstream

It could be that you aren't rinsing the soap or other face wash from your jawline properly ....you need to make sure you wash it all off thoroughly (inc; off your jawline) and dry your whole face well (patting it dry with a soft clean towel). I think i get something similar sometimes. Do you use a harsh soap?

03-12-2005
Power to the 99%

Have you changed your laundry detergent recently?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dry, jawline, red, skin