How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-06-2008
tfs star

their concealors are terrible, but their shadows are really nice.

16-06-2008
scenester

I usually don't trust anything that's $1 LOL
But I've heard so much great things about ELF and I had to give it a try!
Placed an order online weeks ago and now it's still being processed.
I think they are updating their shipping system or something.
Hope it gets fixed soon!
By the way I think ELF is a pretty bad name for a cosmetic company...

Last edited by hooray; 16-06-2008 at 05:34 AM.
16-06-2008
front row

im quite curious about this stuff

16-06-2008
tfs star

I have heard good things about ELF. Its £1.50 in the UK but I have never tried it.

16-06-2008
go red sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooray View Post
By the way I think ELF is a pretty bad name for a cosmetic company...
ELF stands for Eyes Lips Face.

In my opinion, the quality is exactly what you would expect from makeup that costs $1.

backstage pass

how funny, i just bought a lipgloss by ELF at the supermarket and it smelled AWFUL
like rancid candy or something (if you can imagine that)
yeah...2 thumbs down

14-08-2008
scenester

I bought a bunch of $1 E.L.F. stuff about a year ago with the same CAROLINA code, etc. so the stories about the brand offering a one-time $1 clearance/Nordstrom thing is just a way to get you to act fast.

You basically get what you pay for- tiny, OK products. The lip gloss is about Lip Smacker gloss caliber, without the cute packaging or flavors. The one exception, I found, were the tiny little eye makeup remover pads- they worked amazingly well and lasted forever.

V.I.P.

I've have experience with their Liquid Lipstick, which was fine, but yesterday a friend stated that their Super Glossy Lip Shine is 'the stickiest ever', like 'glue'. Just passing the word.

boo

I bought a bronzer and it all crumbled into nothing after using it once! The lipglosses are a bit too gooey too.

27-08-2008
front row

They sell E.L.F. products at my nearby Target, and from my experience, you really do get what you pay for. Or at least in this circumstance. I'm personally all for affordable cosmetics, and I do use brands like Maybelline and Max Factor (and have good experiences), but E.L.F. is mediocre in general.

16-09-2008
rising star

when i ordered elf productucts they got to my house 2 days after i orderered them which i thought was pretty good the bronzer i ordered crumbled when i tried to use it i quite like the concealer for under eyes- it covers well but it can be a bit greasy, the foundation was dissapointing as it was quite orangy and was really small the eye shadow packaging was cracked i liked the lipliner and the lip gloss i bought and i really like the color stick but i feel that the colours of some products are misrepresented on the website as when infront of you are completely different especially with the blushers the reason why their products are so cheap is because they dont spend money on advertising, relying mainly on word of mouth, and also dont spend much on packaging.

12-12-2009
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

BUMP!

Their eye brushes are amazing. I bought one at Target the other day.

16-12-2009
fashion elite

I've done my first order 2 weeks ago and I'm now using some of the products, I agree with Erin the brushes are amazing, I've bought both Studio & classic line brushes and they work very very well (my fav is the foundation brush!). I'm very happy with the mineral booster and the complexion perfection powder , the mineral lipsticks and eyelid primer, well I'm pretty much happy with everything , the makeup I won't buy again are the eyeliner pencils(both studio & classic) don't write well , eyebrow pencil it's too soft and dark and for my sister I bought the plumming lipglaze and she said that has a bad smell and taste. last week I've placed a new order for brushes and some powder and (I guess it's still available) in you spend £25 you can have a free mini makeup collection palette, well after placed my order the free gift was not showed in the "resume" email you get from elf and credit card system and in the email I got the day after with the shipping details! I won't take it long here, but after my complaint (3-4 I guess!) via email & facebook they offered to send me my free gift for free in another shipping..so keep an eye when placing an order (I've used the uk site) . all I can say is that some products are very very nice great quality for a great price, the shipping is fast and not expensive, I love that their products are cruelty free (I try to use all my make up not tested on animals whenever I can) but I'm not sure if I'll buy again, here in Italy we have KIKO that it's cruelty free and not expensive and the makeup it's amazig, ELF it's worth if you want to try something new without spending a fortune, btw as I said before brushes are very good, if you need some go for ELF brushes!

Last edited by chicca; 16-12-2009 at 04:49 AM.
16-12-2009
In Bloom

I am so going to get the concealer brush and some more eyeshadow brushes! I really love their brushes

we were in love

18-12-2009
tfs star

Their $5 eye shadow encyclopedia is pretty good! I'm really pleased with the neutrals and browns/blacks..good pigment payoff. The only thing I wasn't keen on were the creme bases which would dry out because of hte design of the package...

I just ordered some other things online because they included a pallette for FREE!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cosmetics, elf