How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-12-2009
In Bloom

I posted this in the Budget Friendly Makeup-thread

Love:
The eye blending brushes! They blend SO well, I can't believe it! If you only get one thing from ELF, then get this. It is so soft, there was some shedding when I used it the first time, but all my brushes shed at first, so that was to be expected.
The eye shadow brush packs on the colour like nobody's business. It gets so much colour out of my Bourjois shadows, even though they can be a bit tough. Yet it's still sooooo soft. Also a must-buy
The all over colour stick in Golden Peach is just delicious. It works like a charm on top of blush, but not on an overwhelming way. And it looks very pretty on my lips with some gloss on top (it's pretty dry - see pic). A pic with the stick on bare skin - barely visible on top of my cheekbone, but nice sheen:

And now on to the crap. The All Over Colour Stick in Spotlight was utter crap. One white, chalky mess. I wish I'd bought Toasted instead.
The blush brush is also crap. Feels like scraping my skin with sandpaper. Application is OK, it just feels harsh on my skin.

So I'd definitely buy more stuff from ELF sometime - maybe more All Over Colour Sticks. Pink Lemonade and Toasted look delicious. And the concealer brush looks good as well.

we were in love

15-01-2010
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Here's an article on E.L.F. that I came across today...

And though I balk when the article states "compares favorably to $30 and $50 per item for most department store brands" - it gives you an idea of the brand.

Talk about putting lipstick on a pig.

When Ted Rubin, head of
[COLOR=#01509d !important][COLOR=#01509d !important]marketing[/COLOR][/COLOR] for E.L.F., a budget make-up company, talks about the Great Recession, he describes it as a welcome blessing, one part of “a perfect storm” that's helped facilitate stellar growth at the mostly online retailer over the past two years. Before the downturn, he tells Minyanville, “People would whisper about using E.L.F. They’d say, ‘Yeah, I use E.L.F. lip gloss, but I’m a M.A.C. buyer.’ Now, cheap is chic, and everybody is looking for ways to save a buck.”

E.L.F., which stands for “Eyes, Lips, Face” makes an entire line of make-up that only costs $1 a piece. That’s right: lipstick is $1, foundation, $1, even brushes are $1 per stick. Two other “premium” labels within the company are slightly costlier, at $3 and $5 per product, which still compares favorably to $30 and $50 per item for most department store brands, even if E.L.F.’s quality is described by many users as simply “fine.”

Link to the rest of the article:

Up-and-Coming Retails: E.L.F. Cosmetics

trendsetter

I want to order a bunch of stuff from their french website (the only site that ships to my country) but half of the stuff I want is unavailable, and it has been for 2 weeks now! When do they restock? I want to order it all in one go.

06-11-2010
rising star

I use their natural radiance blush in Glow. It's a dupe for NARS orgasm.

07-11-2010
fashion elite

dancing_supastar, does the blush last long?

front row

Anyone know where I could purchase ELF in Australia? Or at least somewhere online that ships to Aus?

09-11-2010
In Bloom

^Try ELF's website.

we were in love

10-11-2010
backstage pass

I just received their brush cleaner and sadly, as lovely as the bottle looks in comparison to other brush cleaners....it doesn't actually clean the brushes, which is a problem.

11-11-2010
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeistiffanyblu View Post
dancing_supastar, does the blush last long?
It lasts generally all day for me. When I wear it for a night out it also stays on the whole night even if I get kinda sweaty.

13-11-2010
front row

The tint in Pink Lemonade is really cute on the lips!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senorgemma View Post
Anyone know where I could purchase ELF in Australia? Or at least somewhere online that ships to Aus?
I actually just found this site today.
http://www.crushcosmetics.com.au/elf

30-11-2010
tfs star

worst make up quality EVER

In Bloom

^I disagree. Depends on what products you get though.

we were in love

01-12-2010
scenester

I have been disappointed with nearly everything I have bought from ELF. The mineral lipsticks, eyebrow highlighter pencil, and lip primer have ALL broken (not the packaging, the product). I also bought two of the new mineral eye brushes and when I was washing them with brush cleanser the bristles came completely out of the handle - and I am not being rough with my cosmetics by any means. I do however like the all over color stick in golden peach - haven't had any problems with that one and it is lovely as a highlighter. I do realise that the products are very cheap, but still...

02-12-2010
front row

I recently picked up the ELF liquid liner and I love it! It stays on the whole day and for a $1 minus well take a try! I have also heard the the ELF bronzer/blush duo is exactly identical to the NARS laguna bronzer and orgasm blush!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cosmetics, elf