How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-12-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
How are their primers? I'm looking for a cheaper alternative to Smashbox..
A girl on youtube did a comparison of the elf primer and it wasn't ok.

25-12-2010
front row

I just got the Navy and Dark Red nail polishes, they're lovely!

front row

I LOVE the nail polish in Innocent. It's the perfect light peachy nude for my skin tone. I can't believe it's only $1. Amazing. I also like the Candid Coral blush. For the price, it's a good dupe for NAR's Deep Throat!

29-12-2010
V.I.P.

I had a dream last nite where I was looking at E.L.F products

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
How are their primers? I'm looking for a cheaper alternative to Smashbox..
If you're looking for a cheap primer, try Monistat Chafing Relif Powder Gel... you can find it on wal mart, target, etc. and it's only like $6.50, has the same ingredients as smashbox primer and works just as fantastic! You can search youtube for reviews

don't look down

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonaka View Post
I had a dream last nite where I was looking at E.L.F products
If only all dreams could be made to come true that easily...

I remember once having a really humdrum dream where I was looking through back issues of magazines in a bookstore.

tfs star

I'm about to give e.l.f a second chance. Studio line is so tempting. Since I'm new to using more than one brush (for blush ) and I've heard that e.l.f has good (and of course cheap) brushes, I'd like to know which brushes would you recommend for applying foundation, powder and blush?
And if there is something else worth trying. I was thinking about some eyeshadows, because I practically don't use any and I'd like my make up to be more than just mascara.

11-01-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by °Isa View Post
I'm about to give e.l.f a second chance. Studio line is so tempting. Since I'm new to using more than one brush (for blush ) and I've heard that e.l.f has good (and of course cheap) brushes, I'd like to know which brushes would you recommend for applying foundation, powder and blush?
And if there is something else worth trying. I was thinking about some eyeshadows, because I practically don't use any and I'd like my make up to be more than just mascara.
This brush
http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/b...s/powder_brush
is GREAT for foundation (powder or liquid).

I also use this to apply translucid powder
http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/b...mplexion_brush

And for blush this
http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/b...rs/blush_brush
it's also excellent for countouring

In Bloom

The new cream blush will be available sometime in May, I don't know when the matte lip colour will though

eyeslipsface.com

we were in love

15-04-2011
In Bloom

Looking nice and very NARS that matte lip colour... I think I'll order some of the gel eyeliners and the new eyeliner brush when they get the black one back in stock. The brush looks very nice...

eyeslipsface.co.uk

we were in love

15-04-2011
In Bloom

BTW if you like the UK eyeslipsface on facebook you get updates on discount codes, free shipping and so on

we were in love

18-04-2011
windowshopping

I just purchased about 50 bux worth of E.L.F. products at Target, so you know I got a lot! I tried out the ELF cream eyeliner, and although it goes on a little streaky at first, once you just dip it in a little more, you get it nice and dark and it STAYS on all day and does not run or fade! I'm like amazed, but what is even more amazing is that there is a mineral powder by N.Y.C. that I picked up at the Dollar Tree (remind me to get some more for my kit!) and of course, it was 1 dollar and it is AMAZING to use with it's liquid stuff to make into the eyeliner, I am in love and it's lasting powder is amazing, lasts all day as well! LOVE IT!

22-04-2011
V.I.P.

I recently placed an order with the UK website as i live in England- i spent £30 because you then get free P&P and the posting itself is £2.95 so i just decided to spend the whole £30.

I got-

Studio Brush & Bronzer Compact- Love this,very pigmented, be careful with the bronzer as it can look muddy if not applied with a light hand.

Studio Blush in "Pink Passion"- very pigmented, beautiful colour.

Lucious Liquid Lipstick in "Strawberry"- much brighter than the swatch on the website but i do like this- not much product as most is packaging but oh well.

SuperGlossy Lipshine in "CandleLight"- love this, possibly my fav product- looks great over lipstick or wore by itself- smells reaaallly nice, definatley going to re-purchase in other colours.

Mineral Lipstick in "Runway Pink"- very pretty colour but personally doesn't suit my skintone so I gave to a friend.

Cream Eyeliner in "Coffe"- nice, hard to work with @ first as quite solid but once used softens and is nice to apply.

Shimmer Palette- love the colours,great for highlighting however they are all quite similar,one is more pink but the rest sort of all look the same.

HD Powder- most expensive item i bought but i love it. amazing amazing amazing.

Eyebrow Kit- they had run out of the Medium so i got Dark which s way too dark for me which is a shame as i likethe gel side of the product.

Clear Mascara & Eyebrow Gel- use this everyday for my brows when there may be so flyaway hair, love it.

Overall i am very happy wth the site, i purchasedlate one nght and recieved in not the next day but the day after- so very quick posting.

I looked on the US website and they have SOmany more prouct on there lik cream blushes and such, Ihope they bring it over here soon

22-04-2011
front row

^I love the textures of the Mineral Lipsticks!

Ruth from A Model Reccomends did a "face" with E.L.F. products last year . . . here's the video.

She uses the Concealer, Bronzer, Lip Balm, Facial Whip, Tinted Moisturizer, Blush, and the Brightening Eyeliner.

Last edited by CarolineRose; 22-04-2011 at 12:22 PM.
23-04-2011
backstage pass

Someone who knows if the Studio Conditioning Lip Balm SPF15 will be available on the UK site soon?

Last edited by Nikoline; 23-04-2011 at 09:58 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cosmetics, elf