How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-04-2011
earthbound

i went on a bit of a spree a few days ago. always look out for coupons on retailmenot.com! i managed to get almost everything at 50%.

here's a list of what I got:

- waterproof eyeliner pen in black - this worked really well for me, it's cheaper and more effective than a lot of felt pen eyeliners i've tried from many many - drugstore and high end brands.
- mineral eyeshadow primer - like the reviewer above... it's ok
- single eyeshadows in charcoal, coffee bean, raspberry truffle, moss - the last two are my favorites. raspberry truffle is like a MAC satin taupe with more pink in it. moss is this earthy grey-green that surprisingly looks very natural enough for everyday wear.
- eyebrow kit in dark - i applied this and blended with my own brow groomer from sephora because the applicator the product comes with gives a really unnatural effect.
- complexion perfection and high definition powder - i have normal skin that is just a little sensitive. i have to apply these at least 15-20 minutes before it settles in my skin and doesn't make me look like i've just applied powder.
- contouring blush & bronzing powder
- blushes in peachy keen, candid coral, blushing rose - peachy keen looks very natural, with candid coral i try not to make the color too obvious because i find it too vibrant so i try to apply very little product. i find blushing rose a little too cold for my skin tone so i'll probably use it more in winter.

the studio brushes i've purchased are all insanely smooth.
- complexion brush
- powder brush
- kabuki face brush - my favorite, especially for loose powders. i use it with chanel poudre universelle libre and it really works like a charm.

AND i received the brightening eye color in drama as a gift, which i probably won't use... i'm not really into dark smokey eyes. i dabbed my fingers in it and the colors were pretty vibrant though.

for those who live in canada, i live in montreal and it took me around 7 days to receive my items. and they were shipped from new jersey, not new york.

05-06-2011
windowshopping

I'm a fan of their brushes, especially the black line. I think their company is great, inexpensive. I get better results with some of their brushes than expensive lines.

V.I.P.

I agree, their stippling brush is so good and so cheap!

Last edited by melfreya; 05-06-2011 at 01:51 PM.
21-11-2011
fashion insider

daarn it! i just moved to Seattle and made a special trip to the Northgate Target to check out more of the elf make up i hadn't tried (namely their brush set, oil blotters, clear brow gel & lipgloss). BUT they didn't carry it anyone know who does sell it in Seattle?

backstage pass

I highly recommend E.L.F.'s line of make up brushes and liquid liner. They work just as well as the higher end drug store makeup lines. I also find their lipstick in 'Seductive' to be the perfect mix of pinkish mauve that I use as my every day lipstick because it gives a nice flush without it being too obvious I'm wearing lipstick.

The only product of theirs I have been disappointed in is their gel liners that melt off my eyes after only about 30 min of wear.

backstage pass

My favorite ELF-products:
- Studio Under-Eye Concealer & Highlight in Fair: Not the best coverage, but it really lightens up my dark circles and looks so natural. I don't use the highlighter side on a daily basis, just now and then on my browbone. Not my favorite highlighter on the market.
- Studio Conditioning Lip Balms SPF15 in Mellow Melon and Nice&Natural: These are so good! They moisturises really well, stays on for a long time and the colours are nice. They're not sticky and they taste really good.
- Mineral Concealer in Fair: I use it under my eyes to set my concealer there and it works really well for that. Way to pinky for me to use on my face, but when I use it under my eyes it just brightens them up and don't crease.
- Mineral Eyeshadows: I have a few of them and their colour-payoff are really good for the price! I don't have a problem with loose eyeshadows, but I can see why people get turned of by them. I do wish that they could widen their matte eyeshadow-range, almost everyone of them are full of sparkles.
- Mineral Eyeshadow Primer: I don't see a huge difference between this and UDPP. I've tried both of them on each eye and by the end of the day the eyeshadow was totally the same on both eyes and my eyelids are really oily. It's good stuff!

One thing that I don't like are the tinted moisturizer from their regular line, it's so greasy and thick in consistency. I felt like I was wearing a mask and even if it felt like that it didn't cover anything.

V.I.P.

are the eyes primers any good? i saw many good reviews on youtube.

05-01-2012
trendsetter

^ yeah, a lot of people on youtube use E.L.F eyelid primer, and Face primer too.

I use their eye primer too, it does the job, amazing for only $1. I'm also a big fan of their brushes too

05-01-2012
V.I.P.

thanks. i watched tutorials all day yesterday and i was curious to know more about ELF products because everyone seems to loved their products.

08-01-2012
V.I.P.

i just purchased:
#84004 Fan Brush
#3105 All Over Color Stick - Golden Peach
#83311 Complete Coverage Concealer - Light
#83301 Corrective Concealer - Neutralize & Conceal
#7503 Eyelid Primer - Pearl
#3102 All Over Color Stick - Persimmon
#7501 Eyelid Primer - Sheer
#3106 All Over Color Stick - Spotlight

Previous Thread | Next Thread »