How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-02-2007
tfs star

^Thanks for the encouragement. You are sweet

21-02-2007
fashion icon

^ No problem

Let us know how your tests go

21-02-2007
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof
UGH, I seriously wish I could cut some sugar out of my life . 2 of my grandparents died from diabetes, one of them went blind right before dying, I feel like..if I keep at this pace, I will soon join them in diabetes-limbo .
I really don't know how to live without it, I feel so tired and with very low blood pressure if I don't eat something sweet.. I've tried replacing it with water but it doesn't work, I go back to one BIG sugary-something at one point of the day or week. my body just aims for it.
If you cut out sugar completely, eventually you'll no longer crave it. Also, keep in mind that white flour is metabolized into sugar by the body, so you should avoid that as well.

Last edited by marqueemoon; 21-02-2007 at 11:51 PM.
22-02-2007
tfs star

i got my blood drawn and I fainted! I ate at Mcdonalds after but I know I shouldn't have I would like to stop eating all sugar all together. Experts say that you don't even need to have sugar in your diet.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainglow
Has anybody ever cut out a food/ food group that they felt they were addicted to? How hard was it, and how long did it take for you to stop craving it? Is it possible to reach a point where you can breeze past the e.g. dessert menu and not even feel like you're missing out?
I used to have a sort of addiction to grain products... that's bread, rice, including sweets (ie. pastries, cake). I had to stop because I found I was actually allergic to the stuff and ended up in the hospital
But now I'm on medication and can actually eat it in certain amounts. I found though after eating meals with just a variety of meat and vegetables for less than a week, I would try to eat a piece of bread or rice with a meal and noticed there was no point and that it didn't even taste that good.
You just try to eat several small meals during the day so your blood sugar stays level--if you don't and your blood sugar drops low, that is when you crave the sweets:p (I think this is the main problem of a certain type of Diabetes)

I also think eating in order to live/to function the rest of the day,
rather than eating and snacking although you're not hungry
is better.
So, it's always great to stay busy and have many things you're working on. When you're working, you get hungry, you eat a quick healthy meal so you can keep going...and get back to work

22-02-2007
V.I.P.

But I have to add also that it's nice sometimes to eat with friends
to have the occasional sweet thing with friends
--usually you don't end up binging that way
Plus go to an actual dessert cafe, someplace lovely
with good quality ingredients and interesting new desserts

good for the soul ! you know

22-02-2007
Fashionably Late

Regarding the topic above of other people lookin down on you when you eat healthy and don't eat their food-- I believe that as long as you don't make others feel like poop for what THEY are eating, they should be fine with what YOU are eating. My mom is very slim, but she eats nornally. She has a friend who is very restrictive and makes every meal she has with my mother miserable because she is so strict with herself, sends her food back 100 times, and comments on what my mom orders. I eat very healthfully but never say anything to my fast food addict friends. My body is my body and theirs is theirs.

22-02-2007
Bel
front row

I know I am ADDICTED, I just ate a quarter bag of chocolate chips. Cutting out refined sugar cold turkey would be good for me because I fail at the "moderation" thing.

23-02-2007
backstage pass

Location: Second or Third Circle of Hell, depending on the day
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bel
I know I am ADDICTED, I just ate a quarter bag of chocolate chips. Cutting out refined sugar cold turkey would be good for me because I fail at the "moderation" thing.
I hear ya...when I'd buy chocolate chips to put into my banana bread, only half would actually go in because the other half would have disappeared down my throat

23-02-2007
V.I.P.

I heard on the news last night there is a pill you can take to curb your sweet tooth. I hope the news network will post the link soon so I can post it here. But I thought I should tell y'all there is such a thing

23-02-2007
fashion insider

^ sweet potato works great for removing 'sweet tooth'. Just ovened sweet potato makes me not crave cane sugar etc.

23-02-2007
front row

I have the greatest sweet tooth... and in consequence, i just paid $8000 on my entire dental work (no insurance), having paid a visit each week for the past three months... which totally sucks~

Yeah i seriously need to lay off on the sweets... It's going pretty well so far but the Strawberry Truffles from Godiva and cupcakes always get me!!! ARG

23-02-2007
front row

Ohhh great substitutes for sweets are

Dried slices of mango and dried apricots!!! DELISH

23-02-2007
fashion icon

^ Mmm they really are delicious! Same with dried pineapple and paw-paw

23-02-2007
fashion icon

^ Mmm they really are delicious! Same with dried pineapple and paw-paw

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags