How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-02-2007
V.I.P.

Also, if you are a raw foodist, you'll come to find that the more fat in your diet, the more you crave sugar. Maybe it is the same with the rest of you?

Sugar is evil. I don't need it anymore cos of dates and raw cheesecakes and all sorts of natural yummies. Maple Syrup of grade B/C is awesome and even better is Agave Nectar. Goodbye spots, dark cirles and a physical crutch. I am not perfect yet, but I am getting there.

23-02-2007
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sYdneY__
^ OH MY GOSH I totally know what you mean!! All of my friends think I'm the strangest person in the world because I prefer to eat really healthily. They don't understand it when I say no to birthday cake and they think it's weird that I'll bring my own food if I know they are going to be ordering in greasy pizza at video nights. I don't understand why I'm the one thats considered weird? Why is it more normal to fill your body with processed fatty junk? The worst part about it all is that it does make me feel like an outsider sometimes or like something is wrong with me. It really starts to screw with you after a while But I guess you just have to ignore it and know deep down that you are doing whats best for your body!
I've got numerous allergies etc etc so I've been put on a diet where I basically only eat things from the ground (i.e. healthy) and i'm only allowed a maximum of two apples a day. It's not only being considered strange by people you're eating with but the waitresses just cannot hold their tongues. I'll order a salad and get something taken off that i can't have and I've been told - 'don't be silly,' and other irrelevant things or have been met with unecessary expressions.
I have other friends who restrict what they eat but will eat something oily or fatty (and then nothing else) but will make me feel bad for having a very clean diet. People seem to feel superior because they're not being 'anal' (why is it considered anal anyway) and give you the 'you only live once' line.

Last edited by justlooking; 23-02-2007 at 04:07 PM.
23-02-2007
fashion icon

^ Yeah I totally agree with what you are saying! Good on you too for having such a clean diet! I mean really we are doing the right thing by giving our bodies healthy, clean, natural foods so yes you "only live once" so why not do it as healthily as you can?

I mean don't get me wrong I have nothing against people who choose to eat foods that I don't but I just wish people wouldn't judge us for choosing to eat a certain way.

23-02-2007
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoexgal
i got my blood drawn and I fainted! I ate at Mcdonalds after but I know I shouldn't have I would like to stop eating all sugar all together. Experts say that you don't even need to have sugar in your diet.
I fainted last time I got blood taken too!! I'm glad I'm not the only one that does this

You poor thing! It makes you feel so awful hey

Just keep strong and take each day as it comes Eventually you will be able to cut out all sugar if you work at it

23-02-2007
front row

i'm also trying to eliminate white sugar from my diet, but it's more a moral issue than a diet or health issue. i've been a vegetarian for nearly 9 years, and i can't in good conscience consume something that uses bones to be processed.

23-02-2007
V.I.P.

See, veganism is not something I can ever ever understand. But I suppose it may make people make healthy and environmentally friendly choices they would never otherwise make.

23-02-2007
fashion icon

^ Ewww I didn't know that's how they processed it!!! Freaky!!

Wow congrats on being a vegetarian for nearly 9 years! I only became one officially yesterday!

23-02-2007
V.I.P.

And I have been trying and failing for years!

23-02-2007
Bel
front row

Organic, how does sugar processing use bones?

23-02-2007
front row

they use bone char as part of the bleaching process.
i am in NO position to tell other people what to eat or how to live their lives, please don't take what i'm saying as such. but there are a lot of hidden animal ingredients in seemingly vegetarian foods. it takes a bit of knowledge and or willingness to research, if you want to know what you're eating.

24-02-2007
V.I.P.

I've spiralled far from not eating sugary junk... I'd like to get a clear list of what are those things to ban from your diet in order to reduce the amount of refined sugar? Of course there are those obvious foods, like candy, ice cream, chocolate, soda... but what else? Please tell me about the basics of sugarless lifestyle

24-02-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLinen
I've spiralled far from not eating sugary junk... I'd like to get a clear list of what are those things to ban from your diet in order to reduce the amount of refined sugar? Of course there are those obvious foods, like candy, ice cream, chocolate, soda... but what else? Please tell me about the basics of sugarless lifestyle
sugar is in an amazing amount of things...just start reading labels.

24-02-2007
backstage pass

Location: Second or Third Circle of Hell, depending on the day
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLinen
It's very difficult to eliminate it completely - I tried once and kept getting tripped up by hidden sugars, like in breakfast cereals you think AREN'T sugary, like Rice Crispies. Lots of condiments (ketchup etc) are laced with sugar too.

I'm off sugar again, but I'm trying not to be too obsessive about it. I think if you're eliminating all the junky sweet food, you're doing well enough There may be sugar in ketchup, but not enough to have me jonesing for a fix, so I don't see the need to give it up

24-02-2007
V.I.P.

hey hey! there is a way to eat sweets
there is a fruit from Africa called the miracle berry
it tricks your tastebuds--
when you eat something sour (like a lemon) it turns sweet in your mouth instead

there is already a restaurant in Japan that has nothing but these sour desserts there. they give you the berry first and the dessert second :p
the miracle berry powers only last 30min

24-02-2007
V.I.P.

and about this whole sugarless lifestyle... just don't eat anything that is ready-made. make everything from scratch. prepare your meals yourself!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
diet, eliminating, sugar