How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-04-2005
tfs star

Elizabeh Arden eight hours cream
Many celebrities say they use this cream...but It seems that I donīt know how...

Sure, Iīve used in on lips and cuticles, but I donīt understand if you can use in on your face?
In that case how? Cos itīs kinda sticky...
I loooove the smell of it!
Anyway, Iīm tired of reading models (Elle, Gisele, etc) saying they use it every day, and itīs fundamental in their beauty routine, and that they love it, but Iīm preety sure Iīm missing the point of it.

Can somebody enligthen me?

10-04-2005
I'll bossanova with you

I just use it on my lips and cuticles too, and I love it for that kind of use, but yes, I've been wondering too... to smear it all over my face is not that tempting...

10-04-2005
|/mirror queen\|

I think you can use it on your face but only in the dry patches.
I think that smearing all over the face would make the skin really oily, at least for daytime use, but maybe itīs good to smear just on places like cheeks and for a night treatment.

11-04-2005
rising star

You only really use it on your face when its really dry, or people use it on long flights to stop their skin from drying out.

I always use mine on my lips and if i'm out and my feet have dried out, its really handy to have a tube in my bag.

spoilt victorian child

It's more of a skin-repair product; I use it on dry patches and it's great on hands. Pretty greasy though.

11-04-2005
scenester

I love it and I use it for everything. You can definitely use it one your face, unless you tend to brake out. I use it on my face when it’s cold, on my cheekbones as a highlighter and I sleep with a layer on my face once in a while and wake up with super smooth and soft skin. It’s especially great if you’ve been partying cuz then your skin gets dry…

13-04-2005
tfs star

I am reading a Elle Macpherson interview....(well translating from english cos itīs spanish Bazaar):

-What are your beauty secrets?

-EM:....In the morning I wear Vetiver from Guerlain and Elizabeth Arden Eigth Hour Cream. At night I wear Nars mascara and some liner.

I donīt think she means she uses as a lip balm only....

Please If somebody knows how to wear it on the face....do explain to me!

Thanxs in advance!

15-04-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by newprincesita
I am reading a Elle Macpherson interview....(well translating from english cos itīs spanish Bazaar):

-What are your beauty secrets?

-EM:....In the morning I wear Vetiver from Guerlain and Elizabeth Arden Eigth Hour Cream. At night I wear Nars mascara and some liner.

I donīt think she means she uses as a lip balm only....

Please If somebody knows how to wear it on the face....do explain to me!

Thanxs in advance!
You just put on a thin layer and of course you can't wear make-up over it cuz it gets sticky... But unless you have really dry skin you shouldn't wear it on you'r t-zone cuz you'll get shiny. ok?

17-04-2005
front row

I put it on my lips, cheeckbones and eyelids...I it!

22-04-2005
tfs star

doesnt it run around 40 bucks?

11-10-2006
tfs star

I must be in the minority, because I think it smells horrible! That's the only thing that puts me off.

12-10-2006
backstage pass

My mom uses it only for when she burns herself in the kitchen. And she's always asking me, "do you have that cream in case you burn yourself cooking??" (I have been known to be clumsy like that)
But it really is great if you get a little burn, it even stops the pain.
Usually I just use it as a lip balm though, and I wouldn't put it on my face except for in extreme harsh weather to protect from the cold and wind (like on a ski holiday), because it contains mineral oil, which I'd rather not use on my face daily for example.
And I'm pretty sure you could use plain vaseline on your face instead of 8hr cream if you wanted something cheaper and more or less the same effect.

front row

Personally, I don't know how anyone could use this- i mean, it stinks! literally! It smells so bad that maybe you could use it on your feet or your lower legs, but to put it on your face, and have that smell around you??!! I don't care how beneficial it is, that smell just destroys it!

14-10-2006
backstage pass

i actually never used this before, tried it at the Elizabeth arden counter once before but i wasnt actually "blowen away" as i expected..
this thing def is in the top 10 list of the over rated beauty prodcuts

21-05-2007
scenester

It is very icky sticky and is basically posh vaseline type petrolium product and every time I tried using it is smells like grease, looks like grease and makes me feel nausious.... it's ok as a hand cream/dry bits cream though I think there are far better products...... clinique do the best skincare products in my opinion... and I have tried practically all the major brands.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
arden, cream, elizabeh, hours