How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-12-2012
tfs star

Empties - beauty products you've used up!
Empties - what beauty products have you used up recently? How did you like it, will you be purchasing it again etc.

Let me start.

Yves Rocher Micellar Cleansing Water: I like it, it was my second bottle. I'm not buying another one, because I got Bioderma's famous Sensibio H20 Solution Micellaire.

livewithlipstick.blogspot.com

LUSH North Pole Soap: My latest obsession, I already got another one.

lush.co.uk.

Schwarzkopf Gliss Kur Ultimate Volume leave in conditioner: Can't live without it!

allyouneed.com

Essence Winter Edition Apple & Cinnamon Punch 24h Hand Protection Balm: I love it! I stock up on it.

tatjanag.blogspot.com

Vichy Essentielles face cream for dry skin: My absolute favourite!

mccabespharmacy.com

Avene Cleanance K: Good, but won't buy it again, because I prefer Paula's Choice.

skincare-holic.blogspot.com

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel: Love this stuff!

beautysteals.com

12-12-2012
tfs star

I've used up the pumpkin face cream I won from one of those magazine giveaways and am about to finish an eye cream and the Jason vitamin E cream, which actually lasted me a long while. I liked everything, even though I don't know how effective the eye cream would be for someone who needs an eye cream that does anything more than give some moisture. If I don't get around to getting the face cream again, I wanted to try either a cleanser or the pumpkin peel from the same brand, which is Mychelle Dermaceuticals.

The one thing I hate about using up products is having to throw the packaging away expecting it to just end up in a landfill.

13-12-2012
scenester

My empties from November 2012:

Jouer Lip Enhancer Conditioning Lip Treatment
-- Love this product. Glossy, hydrating, feels extremely cushiony and luxe on the lips. I already had a back-up ready to go, and I ordered another one from BirchBox using my points. Yay!

Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Balm in Waikiki -- A really nice lip balm. Very sheer nudey-orange tint. Smells uniquely minty and feels pleasantly tingly upon application. I often used this as an overnight treatment and would wake up to very soft, hydrated lips. But the packaging is bulky and a bit ugly.

Sonia Kashuk Remove Eye Makeup Remover -- This is my HG. It's gentle, feels like water, and doesn't make my eyes blurry at all. Plus it's cheap, especially compared to Lancome's Bifacil (oily mess tbh). I also love the packaging and the way it looks on my vanity.

Soap and Glory Clean, Girls! Shower Gel -- I've had the giant 500ml/ 16.2oz bottle for a veryyy long time. I enjoyed the musky fruity-floral fragrance through and through, but the shower gel itself didn't seem to do anything particularly noticeable for my skin. I'm proud I finished up the whole thing.

15-12-2012
tfs star

Lily Lolo Mineral Foundation: This foundation is amazing.

lilylolo.co.uk

L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Luminizer mascara for hazel eyes: A very nice mascara. I'm a fan of Volume Million Lashes anyway, so this one wasn't going to disappoint.

pinkmelon.de

15-12-2012
scenester

Tikei Concealer Yellow

This is a mineral concealer/corrector. I use a lot of it because it covers pretty much anything and it also works as a highlighter on me.
I have bought a new one, can't live without it because I have really bad dark circles.

20-12-2012
rising star

Lancome Effacernes concealer. I'm on my 6th tube and I am done looking for the perfect concealer.

source: www.cosmetics-makeup.net

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer oil-free formula. I can't live without it.

source: beautilysh.co

22-12-2012
clever ain't wise

My Clairins eye gel

Last edited by iluvjeisa; 22-12-2012 at 09:12 AM.
23-12-2012
windowshopping

La Roche Posay Effaclar cream cleanser - I love this stuff! Never irritates my skin and cleanses. Already started using my new tube.

23-12-2012
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeFrancoise View Post
I've used up the pumpkin face cream I won from one of those magazine giveaways and am about to finish an eye cream and the Jason vitamin E cream, which actually lasted me a long while. I liked everything, even though I don't know how effective the eye cream would be for someone who needs an eye cream that does anything more than give some moisture. If I don't get around to getting the face cream again, I wanted to try either a cleanser or the pumpkin peel from the same brand, which is Mychelle Dermaceuticals.

The one thing I hate about using up products is having to throw the packaging away expecting it to just end up in a landfill.
You can take the packaging to your closest Origins store for recycling ... I just did this yesterday. I had a whole (small) shopping bag full. Don't even ask me what was in there, but I know there was Clinique Even Better serum, which I like but doesn't seem to be working as well as it used to. Replaced with Origins Mega-Bright.

They accept plastic and glass cosmetics packaging.

Recycling is one of the reasons I'm brand loyal to MAC--they take back (as you probably already know, but in case anyone doesn't) their plastic packaging, and 6 empties get you a free lipstick, or at the MAC store an eyeshadow or Lipglass (it's only some of the lipglosses, the little ones I think?? it's gotten a bit complex ...)

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 23-12-2012 at 03:16 PM.
24-12-2012
tfs star

I have to see where there's one located near me. Maybe I'll finally be able to empty out a drawer.

29-01-2013
tfs star

The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Butter: Best buy from The Body Shop EVER! It might be the best smelling (effective too) thing that The Body Shop sells. Why isn't TBS available in my country?

thebodyshop-usa.com

Bioderma Sensibio H20 Solution Micellaire: I thought this stuff was amazing (though it did irritate my eyes when I was wearing heavy, professionally done smokey eyes).

bioderma.com

Untill I discovered Vichy Pureté Thermale 3-in-1 Calming Cleansing Solution.

02-02-2013
fashion insider

Cowshed Hand Cream. Will be buying this again, so good!

www.instyle.co.uk

Make up remover from L'occitane. I wasnt that impressed by this product....

www.uk.loccitane.com

09-02-2013
in the mood for love

Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel - my favourite cleanser, I will probably repurchase this after I finish my Nuxe cleansing gel...

Beautybay.com

I finished The Body Shop Cranberry Joy shower gel which was a limited edition for Christmas - I liked the smell a lot, but it really doesn't even come close to my Lush shower gels.

Lush Whoosh shower jelly - I love this. Very fresh citrusy smell, and it was perfect when used with my exfoliating gloves. I even used this on my face several times, it made my skin very soft and didn't dry it out.

lush.co.uk

tfs star

The Body Shop Satsuma Body Polish: I love these shower gels (Strawberry Body Polish is my favourite!), but this scent is just horrible. Which is odd, I'd normally choose citrusy scent, but not in this case.

thebodyshop.co.uk

Essie Good to Go: The best top coat I've ever used. Though it thickens up after you use about 2/3 of the bottle.

wearethewicked.blogspot.com

Balea Soft Öl Balsam: Very nice dry skin relief lotion. It's a real treat to use.

danisweltderfarben.blogspot.com

22-04-2013
in the mood for love

Aussie Mega Shampoo, 500ml - my go-to shampoo, I have repurchased this already

chemistdirect.co.uk

Anatomicals You Need A Bloomin Shower Body Cleanser, 150ml - smells sooo good I probably will repurchase this later once I get through some of the shower gels that I already own. I don't like the tube packaging though, I found it hard to open...

chloevictoriaguest.blogspot

Lush Twilight shower gel, 250ml - this one was too sweet for me. But my husband loved it and used it up very quickly :p

sandyanddanny.blogspot

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beauty, empties, products